Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Tight End Situation

(03-24-2020, 04:46 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1242...55330?s=19

If he can stay healthy, this will be a quality pick up.

FIFY

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-22-2020, 05:14 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: Bring in Tyler Eifert on a cheap deal and bring in Robby Anderson. Get rid of Marqise Lee and this offense already looks better with O-Line in the draft to come.

One out of two isn’t bad. Would have absolutely loved both not going to lie. Give Minshew the best chance to succeed.

(03-25-2020, 12:32 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:46 PM)Dimson Wrote: If he can stay healthy, this will be a quality pick up.

FIFY

Made it the whole season last year

We got slightly better by signing another injury prone tight end. Maybe we’ll get lucky and one of them will limp to week 16.

(03-25-2020, 07:09 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We got slightly better by signing another injury prone tight end. Maybe we’ll get lucky and one of them will limp to week 16.

We signed other injury prone tiight ends?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-25-2020, 07:09 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: We got slightly better by signing another injury prone tight end. Maybe we’ll get lucky and one of them will limp to week 16.

We have one injury prone TE in Eifert. The others have no pattern/history outside of one season. Settle down.

So... now that we have Eifert, Oliver, and O'Shaughnessy, do we stand pat with our first 5 or so picks, and concentrate on other positions?

(04-01-2020, 02:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So... now that we have Eifert, Oliver, and O'Shaughnessy, do we stand pat with our first 5 or so picks, and concentrate on other positions?

I don't think TE was ever going to be a consideration in the first 3 rounds. The premier talent just isn't there. I think having 2 picks in round 4 that could be an area to target TE perhaps. Eifert and Oliver are both "move" TEs. James O is coming off an ACL so not sure we can bank on him being available right away and if he is how effective will he be.

I think perhaps they add a mid to late round TE that is more of an all around guy or more of the blocking type with some receiving ability.

(04-01-2020, 02:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So... now that we have Eifert, Oliver, and O'Shaughnessy, do we stand pat with our first 5 or so picks, and concentrate on other positions?

Three fourth round picks as of now. Could be about the right spot to consider a TE if value presents itself. 

O'Shauhgnessy is coming off an ACL tear. I'd not be overly optimistic of early contribution. 
Oliver seems poised  to make some noise, but he's ultimately unproven in the end. 
Eifert is a coinflip of availability.  

I'd seek mid-round value.

I am hoping for Thaddeus Moss.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Bumping this old thread for an update.

TE group 2020:

Tyler Eifert - oft injured vet coming off a season where he saw action in every game and produced 436 yds, 3TDs
Josh Oliver - Promising 2nd year player who suffered two injuries as a rookie. Cautious optimism is the way forward.
James O'Shaughnessy - 6 year journeyman -developed a bit of chemistry w/ Minshew last year before badly injured knee
Tyler Davis - 6th round pick out of GA Tech - QB>turned WR>turned TE - likely a project in development
Charles Jones - 2nd year player who may get looks at the Niles Paul, H-Back role in Gruden's offense if he survives cuts
Ben Ellefson - rookie UDFA out of ND State with H-Back/FB experience

Blurb on Eifert:

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...77250?s=20

Rookie Tyler Davis signed his contract :

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2020/06...ler-davis/

Based on when his ACL injury occurred I'm betting James O starts the season on PUP
Think we start the season with only 3 rostered TEs?

Having seen the end results I'm not too worried about it.

https://www.jaguars.com/cheerleaders/roster/
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-15-2020, 09:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rookie Tyler Davis signed his contract :

Nice. I think with time he will be pretty good.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-16-2020, 04:08 PM)Kane Wrote: Based on when his ACL injury occurred I'm betting James O starts the season on PUP

There are 6 TEs on the roster now and O'Shaughnessy said he'd be good to go by preseason in a radio interview a couple weeks ago.

(06-17-2020, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 04:08 PM)Kane Wrote: Based on when his ACL injury occurred I'm betting James O starts the season on PUP

There are 6 TEs on the roster now and O'Shaughnessy said he'd be good to go by preseason in a radio interview a couple weeks ago.

Yeah but like 3 of them are UDFA or late round guys... 

And players can say they are good to go but coaches ultimately make the decision right? 
I'm just wondering if they'll go light at TE so as to carry more WRs early. I mean do we need to roster a guy that we can stash on our PS or snatch up off the street any given week?

FTR, I hope James O is ready to go... It really seemed like he and Minshew had some chemistry building. I just wonder how "good to go" he can be in Aug or early Sept with an ACL that happened in Oct.

(06-18-2020, 09:35 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: There are 6 TEs on the roster now and O'Shaughnessy said he'd be good to go by preseason in a radio interview a couple weeks ago.

Yeah but like 3 of them are UDFA or late round guys... 

And players can say they are good to go but coaches ultimately make the decision right? 
I'm just wondering if they'll go light at TE so as to carry more WRs early. I mean do we need to roster a guy that we can stash on our PS or snatch up off the street any given week?

FTR, I hope James O is ready to go... It really seemed like he and Minshew had some chemistry building. I just wonder how "good to go" he can be in Aug or early Sept with an ACL that happened in Oct.

The #4-#6 tight ends aren't going to be touted draft picks on any team, my man. 

Entering the season down in number is not an issue IMO. They'll carry 4 on the roster and two on the now expanded practice squad. Also plenty of time to shuffle the bottom of that position group if they are disappointed in one of the two rookies. Decent waiver wire claims will pop up from camp cuts of teams stacked at TE.

Missing O'Shaughnessy for a few games early on wouldn't be the end of the world if Eifert and Oliver are good to go. Have to see what the docs are saying in August. (He said he expects to start camp by working on the side and continuing rehab - but that he'd run full bore right now if there was a game to be played.)

(06-15-2020, 09:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rookie Tyler Davis signed his contract :

Steal of the Draft !!!   I like the way he catches with his hands (not letting the ball hit the chest like Reggie Williams did).

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/11/tyler-davis-3/