Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Campbell motivated by 'trying to prove them wrong'

Campbell motivated by 'trying to prove them wrong'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...them-wrong

Traded by the Jaguars to the Ravens for just a fifth-round pick, veteran Calais Campbell is motivated "because I'm always trying to prove them wrong."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2020, 09:05 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Campbell motivated by 'trying to prove them wrong'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...them-wrong

Traded by the Jaguars to the Ravens for just a fifth-round pick, veteran Calais Campbell is motivated "because I'm always trying to prove them wrong."

Even if he has a 10-sack year, which he won't, his $15M was too much to carry for a player on the decline. I think all the moves were made for 2021.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Always better to move em a year too soon before it is a year too late.

(03-26-2020, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote: Always better to move em a year too soon before it is a year too late.

Yes, Dave is really coming into his own as a GM, making all the right moves. I really hope Minshew works out so they can put a complete team around him in 2021 with all the cap space and another two first rounders. Hopefully we'll get another Chark attack receiver in the draft.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-26-2020, 05:58 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote: Always better to move em a year too soon before it is a year too late.

Dave is really coming into his own as a GM, making all the right moves

Well.... we'll see lol.
He's on year 8 I believe... And aside from a blip in 2017 we've been just as awful as when he got here.

It ain't all on him... coaching matters. But picking coaches has also been on him.
Coughlin was brought in to babysit, and maybe made things worse when perhaps Caldwell was ready to show he really was coming into his own. If the rumors are believed that he wanted to make some moves like moving on from Bortles (Ryan Day tweeted something like Caldwell wanted Watson or Mahomes instead of Fournette, also something like if picking a RB he would have targeted McCaffrey) But we don't know and probably never will know for sure.

This draft will be very telling with all picks and ability to move around and really get this roster back into good shape talent and cap wise.

I think it is a big show really. So the decision on Caldwell and Marrone was made after Shad consulted with veterans within the locker room? Right so the Man of the Year candidate was probably consulted and now he isn't here? Does anything make sense with this franchise?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(03-27-2020, 03:07 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think it is a big show really.  So the decision on Caldwell and Marrone was made after Shad consulted with veterans within the locker room?  Right so the Man of the Year candidate was probably consulted and now he isn't here?  Does anything make sense with this franchise?

I forgot about that. Khan checked in with vets, they all approve of Caldwell and Marrone and then are promptly traded off and cut. lulz

(03-27-2020, 03:43 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 03:07 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think it is a big show really.  So the decision on Caldwell and Marrone was made after Shad consulted with veterans within the locker room?  Right so the Man of the Year candidate was probably consulted and now he isn't here?  Does anything make sense with this franchise?

I forgot about that. Khan checked in with vets, they all approve of Caldwell and Marrone and then are promptly traded off and cut. lulz

And are probably all the happier for it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-27-2020, 11:29 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 05:58 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Dave is really coming into his own as a GM, making all the right moves

Well.... we'll see lol.
He's on year 8 I believe... And aside from a blip in 2017 we've been just as awful as when he got here.

It ain't all on him... coaching matters. But picking coaches has also been on him.
Coughlin was brought in to babysit, and maybe made things worse when perhaps Caldwell was ready to show he really was coming into his own. If the rumors are believed that he wanted to make some moves like moving on from Bortles (Ryan Day tweeted something like Caldwell wanted Watson or Mahomes instead of Fournette, also something like if picking a RB he would have targeted McCaffrey) But we don't know and probably never will know for sure.

This draft will be very telling with all picks and ability to move around and really get this roster back into good shape talent and cap wise.

That's a good synopsis. He needed a babysitter because he is/was deficient in a few areas, but unfortunately Khan brought in an abusive babysitter. Hopefully Caldwell can get the counseling he needs to overcome this trauma Smile

His main deficiencies were inability to pick QB and coach. A lot of GMs struggle with the former, but I'm forgiving here because he messed up on only one QB (Blake). His biggest mistake there was not cutting bait earlier and if the reports are true, it was Coughlin who finally held him back when he was ready to cut bait. Who really knows there. 

I'm also forgiving with coach selection. He messed up with Bradley, but recall that Khan was really sold on Bradley too. Gus is one heck of an ice-cream salesman. He's a charming man. I think Marrone is totally on Coughlin. Again, if reports are true, Caldwell favored Mike Smith.