Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 NFL mock draft

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 10:29 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

Has us picking 1st overall. Nobody believes in Minshew

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pray he's right.

(03-23-2020, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote: Pray he's right.

If we are gonna pray,   why not pray for Minshew to be the guy and we can start winning this year?

(03-23-2020, 12:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

If we are gonna pray,   why not pray for Minshew to be the guy and we can start winning this year?
Wise up man. This team isn’t winning this season.

(03-23-2020, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 12:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we are gonna pray,   why not pray for Minshew to be the guy and we can start winning this year?

We will win just enough. It's what we do.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 02:23 PM by Upper.)

That's fair, but we aren't going to have a shot this year unless Minshew is playing at hall of fame level...and that still might not do it.

So going into next year we have Minshew for two more cheap years before having to make a very difficult decision of paying him franchise QB surrounding talent restricting money.

If we get Lawrence or Fields we get 5 years of rookie salary QB to build around. Barring Minshew turning into a no questions asked elite QB that is the better scenario.

Walter has always been down on the Jaguars. The Jaguars have an easy last place schedule  and I expect them to end up winning 4-6 games- even with all the rookies who will be getting a lot of playing time. The Rams may actually end up with a worse record due to the off-season moves. That being said, I do believe it's realistic to believe the Jags will have two top 10 picks in the next draft. Nothing wrong with that on top of all the picks they get a month from now.

Anyone who roots for first overall pick for 2021 draft prior to the 2020 season being played is an [BLEEP] imo.
I'd rather have an 8-8 season where Minshew shows improvement over hoping to suck so bad we hitch our hopes and dreams to another young QB who could just as easily BUST in the same way guys like Mariota and Winston have.

SMH at anyone saying 2020 season is a lost cause and we should hope for first overall pick to jump on the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon.
Disgusting.

(03-23-2020, 01:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 12:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we are gonna pray,   why not pray for Minshew to be the guy and we can start winning this year?

No telling,  we need to see what are draft looks like and we just need a few guys to improve.

(03-24-2020, 03:22 PM)Kane Wrote: Anyone who roots for first overall pick for 2021 draft prior to the 2020 season being played is an [BLEEP] imo.
I'd rather have an 8-8 season where Minshew shows improvement over hoping to suck so bad we hitch our hopes and dreams to another young QB who could just as easily BUST in the same way guys like Mariota and Winston have.

SMH at anyone saying 2020 season is a lost cause and we should hope for first overall pick to jump on the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon.
Disgusting.
I’m not saying I want a bad season. Not in the slightest. I would love to see Minshew take a big step forward and this team go 8-8 with the rookies playing big roles.

However there’s a reason why the Jags have the lowest projected win total for next season. I’m just expecting the worst and hoping for the best really. Typical season lol

(03-24-2020, 06:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 03:22 PM)Kane Wrote: Anyone who roots for first overall pick for 2021 draft prior to the 2020 season being played is an [BLEEP] imo.

Disgusting.
I’m not saying I want a bad season. Not in the slightest. I would love to see Minshew take a big step forward and this team go 8-8 with the rookies playing big roles.

However there’s a reason why the Jags have the lowest projected win total for next season. I’m just expecting the worst and hoping for the best really. Typical season lol

I hear ya...
But I've seen it in a lot of MBs and comment sections from a lot of Jag fans.
Already ready to Tank for Trevor. Like he's some can't miss prospect. When in reality any young QB coming from college to the NFL to a bad team, isn't can't miss. I mean, Luck was undeniably a good QB and only took the clots so far. Mariota and Winston both busted on their teams as #1 and #2 overall picks.
More recently Jackson has had his share of problems, especially his rookie season... Mahomes sat his rookie year, but no one was lauding him as a can't miss first overall pick in his draft. Watson has been really good too but hasn't put his team over the hump to actually win anything of merit.

I just think it's myopic for fans to think, "well if we stink, we'll get QB 'x' and he'll save our franchise"
Irks my nerves a bit. Especially when there is more evidence that a QB won't save the day. Goff, Winston, Mariota, Mayfield, the list goes on an on. The better QBs have often been not #1 overall selections, end up on not completely terrible teams, and usually have solid coaches.
It takes more than just a hyped up QB.

I’ve been very open about wanting the 1st pick. It’s a shot. I’m not going to be mad if Gardner ends up being the franchise guy and all that but as of right now, I think Trevor is a transcendent talent. I think the difference is

1. We have draft capital. Two firsts that could both be in the top 10. Potentially top 6 both. Maybe pick up a franchise LT with the Rams pick.

2. We could get a franchise QB. I think chance at a difference maker brings in a new era

3. There’s opportunity to grab the very best coach available. With cap room, the pick of his own QB, and young talent, it could make Jax the best job available.

I think 2-14 means the best prospect in awhile, a new coach, and a fresh slate.

Disgusting.

[Image: giphy.gif]

2020 is a lost cause because the team and coaches are bad. So hopefully either Minshew is good enough to overcome that and we have a QB or he's bad enough we get a top 3 pick. Worst case scenario would be he's just below average but we win like 7 games so they stay with him

(03-27-2020, 10:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: 2020 is a lost cause because the team and coaches are bad. So hopefully either Minshew is good enough to overcome that and we have a QB or he's bad enough we get a top 3 pick. Worst case scenario would be he's just below average but we win like 7 games so they stay with him
Well thankfully the Rams will get a top 5 pick and Jags trade with Bengals for the #1 pick next season.

(03-27-2020, 11:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 10:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: 2020 is a lost cause because the team and coaches are bad. So hopefully either Minshew is good enough to overcome that and we have a QB or he's bad enough we get a top 3 pick. Worst case scenario would be he's just below average but we win like 7 games so they stay with him
Well thankfully the Rams will get a top 5 pick and Jags trade with Bengals for the #1 pick next season.

I'd like to see us convert a pick or two this year into a pick or two next year to gain ammunition for your excellent idea.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Where can I sign?!
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

I don't get this people, they overrate people like Ngakoue, Rashad Greene, Myles Jack, Bouye, Lee etc etc. And then comes a guy who was 6th rounder and plays better than the #1 pick and all the other QBs in his draft class and they don't care about the guy. I guess, to them, he is simply not enough just because he was a 6th rounder, we need a top 10 pick QB Rolleyes That has worked so well for us with Leftwich, Gabbert and Bortles...

Anyway, like Dimson said, this team is bad even at tanking, I am pretty sure we won't have the 1st pick overall. Imo we get 3rd overall "at best" 15-20 "at worst"

(04-04-2020, 10:38 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

I don't get this people, they overrate people like Ngakoue, Rashad Greene, Myles Jack, Bouye, Lee etc etc. And then comes a guy who was 6th rounder and plays better than the #1 pick and all the other QBs in his draft class and they don't care about the guy. I guess, to them, he is simply not enough just because he was a 6th rounder, we need a top 10 pick QB Rolleyes That has worked so well for us with Leftwich, Gabbert and Bortles...

Anyway, like Dimson said, this team is bad even at tanking, I am pretty sure we won't have the 1st pick overall. Imo we get 3rd overall "at best" 15-20 "at worst"

Rashad Greene doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that list of good players who contributed positively during their time in Jax.

What would really be crazy is if we field a very young team and youth doesn’t gives us the chance to win and we get the first pick, draft Trevor Lawrence but keep Gardner as the starter for 2021. Let Lawrence sit on the bench like Andy Reid did with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes. Then we might be able to flip Minshew for some picks. I believe Trevor Lawrence will be the better QB over the course of his career. I think he will be a top 10 player in the NFL for many years. Continuing to build this team the right way might start with having a franchise QB sitting behind a veteran. I could be wrong but I’m offering up my opinion on it.