Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeudy? Lamb? Ruggs? Who do you take

The more and more I think about it. The Jaguars will target one of these players at #9 or will trade up. I’m finding it incredibly difficult to assess which one would be the best. 

Elite Route Running vs 
Elite All-Around vs 
Elite Speed

Who do you take? 
Im inclined to pick Ruggs 1st since speed like his is so rare, but then Lamb to me seems safe and even Juedy feels safe to a degree. anyways here’s my ranking

1. Ruggs
2. Lamb
3. Juedy

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lamb for me

Depending upon what you look for in a WR...

1. Jeudy
2. Ruggs
3. Lamb

or Ruggs then Jeudy then Lamb.

If I saw Lamb gain more separation running his pass routes, I would be more enthusiastic about him. But I think he is excellent after the catch, though.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 09:22 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(03-23-2020, 09:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lamb for me

Same here to me because Lamb is the best all-around. I think the value for him is between picks 11-15. This receiving class has a lot of depth, but none of them are Julio Jones/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson surefire #1 receiver prospects.
  • Jeudy could be Amari Cooper, a smooth route runner.
  • Ruggs could be DeSean Jackson, a guy who takes the top off defenses and actually catches the ball (not Alvis Whitted).
  • Lamb could be Jimmy Smith, a total package of speed, route running, and deep-ball skills. 
Don't forget: we have Chark attack, an ascending, all-around #1 the way he came on last year. I'd take him right now over any of those guys knowing what we've already got.  

I want Brown, Okudah, or Wirfs at #9. They'll all going to be great pros who would fill more pressing needs.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-23-2020, 09:21 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Same here to me because Lamb is the best all-around. I think the value for him is between picks 11-15. This receiving class has a lot of depth, but none of them are Julio Jones/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson surefire #1 receiver prospects.
  • Jeudy could be Amari Cooper, a smooth route runner.
  • Ruggs could be DeSean Jackson, a guy who takes the top off defenses and actually catches the ball (not Alvis Whitted).
  • Lamb could be Jimmy Smith, a total package of speed, route running, and deep-ball skills. 
Don't forget: we have Chark attack, an ascending, all-around #1 the way he came on last year. I'd take him right now over any of those guys knowing what we've already got.  

I want Brown, Okudah, or Wirfs at #9. They'll all going to be great pros who would fill more pressing needs.

I'd add Simmons and Becton to that group
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I have Jeudy over Lamb for the simple reason I know Jeudys game will translate. Not that I think Lamb won't be good, but I'd like to see his yards after catch and deep abilities in the NFL first

Jaguars need to draft Ruggs # 20. He gonna be like a Tyrek Hill

Ruggs won't slip to 20. His 40 yard time all but sealed his fate. He'll be lucky to make it past the Raiders with that 19th pick.

Jeudy - Overall good player
Lamb - Hard worker after the catch
Ruggs - Burner

I think people are sleeping on Jefferson though. I think he'll be a quality slot receiver early and often in the NFL. I wouldn't mind him at 20.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Of the 3, give me Lamb.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs in that order.

I like Jeudy for his refinement. There isn't going to be much learning curve like we had with DJ. He'll be able to put up stats from week one.

Lamb is so close to Jeudy, and may present a higher ceiling long-term. It will be fun to track their careers to see which one excels, or if both are equally suited for Sundays.

Ruggs probably won't get past Denver. They are rolling with Lock, and Elway will want to give him all the weapons he can to succeed, especially considering his previous flops among drafted QBs.

Mims is my darft crush, and I'd be perfectly happy with him at our second round pick. 20 may be early, but I think there will be a run and teams may have to move up to get a guy they are in love with.

If Dave is really set on keeping the OL mostly intact then Lamb at 9 would be my favorite pick.

I rank em Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb.
But I rank em that way based on who we already have on roster.
But I really think you're splitting hairs on any of these guys. And it comes down to what your WR group needs more. Jeudy's route running is tops in the class and maybe best in a few drafts now. Lamb has superior hands to all of them. And Ruggs has unteachable speed.
The Jags actually have speed at receiver and Chark and Conley both have good size. I think a technician at route running would serve the group well, if WR early is the route they decide to take.
Though I've gone back and forth on it quite a bit.... Ruggs' elite speed would be hard to pass up at say pick 20, and I think all 3 probably are gone by then.
At 9 I don't see WR as a big enough need to take any of these guys. If we trade back to say 12 and get an extra pick later in the draft I'd love to grab Jeudy there if available. Then use 20 for CB or G and perhaps use the extra picks to address DL/OL/TE.

Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs

Lamb 
Jeudy
Ruggs

(03-26-2020, 11:23 AM)jjah34 Wrote: Lamb 
Jeudy
Ruggs

Same. For me the gap between Lamb and Jeudy is tiny. Then Ruggs is slightly more of a projection, but still an elite prospect.

I would be very happy with any of the three at 9, they would completely change the entire nature of our offense... something that has been needed for, what, 20 years or so?

Looking back, I stick with my assessment, with one caveat. Dallas' plan to start Lamb in the slot will maximize his productivity. Having two other talented WRs outside of him will help.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Here you go

(11-14-2021, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Here you go

Schenault in the second is better value though Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-14-2021, 06:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here you go

Schenault in the second is better value though Laughing Laughing Laughing

He looked like it last year and then we got Bevell as the OC so it's unknown util we get a real OC.  600 yrds and 5 TDs in a rookie year, yes

(11-14-2021, 06:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 06:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Schenault in the second is better value though Laughing Laughing Laughing

He looked like it last year and then we got Bevell as the OC so it's unknown util we get a real OC.  600 yrds and 5 TDs in a rookie year, yes

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23