Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign run stuffing DT Al Woods

(03-24-2020, 12:27 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Dave has been having his best off season thus far in his career.

Whoa there Annie Oakley...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2020, 10:27 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: Why would you say that?  Are you honestly resting your future on a 33-year old on a one-year deal?

This may be a contingency plan, but by no means does it take him off the board.

If anything, it removes desperation. We probably won't see trading up, unless Dave grows infatuated with Tua, Herbert or one of the OT. Even if a run on OT starts ahead of us, I see depth at that position enough that we wouldn't need to maneuver to get a guy with starting talent.

Exactly, it removes the desperation...and if you remove the desperation I don't think Brown is in the top 9 players in the draft so if we still took him that would be an error.

(03-24-2020, 10:09 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's pretty obvious (to me at least) that DC is setting things up to where we don't have a crying need anywhere that forces a pick.

I think LT is still a crying need but, at least with his words, Dave has not admitted that.
I respect your opinion on Brown, but totally disagree at the same time. Brown had 12.5 TFL and 4 sacks last season. Those stats are even more impressive considering the tough schedule and being double-teamed much of the time. He has been compared by some to Aaron Donald as far as the impact he will have in the NFL. The 2 signings at DT so far were good moves. If Brown is off the board at 9, Woods will be valuable as a run-stuffer. Gunter can play either DT or DE depending on the scheme they play. He is one of 4 players in this draft who, barring injuries, has a very good chance to become a perennial pro-bowler. It's very likely that the other 3 will be off the board for the Jags (Young, Okudah, Simmons) so that makes Brown my pick. 

Regarding the need for help on the O-Line, it's hard to disagree with this. However, none of the offensive tackles are slam-dunk top ten picks. Wirfs, Becton, Wills and Thomas all have a chance to be very good, but they also have some question marks. Wirfs may be more suited to guard, Wills is more of a right tackle, Thomas' stock has dropped for some reason and Becton may eat his way out of the NFL. I'd much rather take Brown at 9 and then hope one of these 4 falls to pick 20. Even if none do, there are other left tackles who may end up just as good or better than the aforementioned 4 players. Austin Jackson and Josh Jones may need some time to get stronger, but they have the skills to be very solid left tackles. 

This is why I enjoy the draft process so much. We all have our opinions and it's always fun to look back after 2-3 years to see whether we were correct about our most and least favorite players. The fact that so many "experts" get it wrong so much of the time is the best indication of how difficult it is.

(03-24-2020, 11:43 AM)Dimson Wrote: I am on the Foku train. If we can get him in round 2 or 3 I would be stoked.

Love Foto. Zero chance I'd take him as early as 2

(03-24-2020, 01:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 11:43 AM)Dimson Wrote: I am on the Foku train. If we can get him in round 2 or 3 I would be stoked.

Love Foto. Zero chance I'd take him as early as 2

Same. He's a 3rd RD or later prospect for me. If they want to package some of those 4th's or 5th's to get him at the bottom of RD3? That's fine I guess. Taking him in RD2 seems like overkill. Hell, even if he went in RD2 for some crazy reason I wouldn't mind Benito Jones in RD3.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Did I hear somewhere that he's on PED suspension for the first 4 games?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2020, 02:19 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Did I hear somewhere that he's on PED suspension for the first 4 games?

I thought he already served that. Seahawks last 2 reg season games and 2 playoff games.

(03-24-2020, 02:37 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 02:19 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Did I hear somewhere that he's on PED suspension for the first 4 games?

I thought he already served that. Seahawks last 2 reg season games and 2 playoff games.

There was some confusion about whether the playoff games count even with the Seahawks fans. He'll either have 0 or 2 games though.

(03-24-2020, 12:27 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Dave has been having his best off season thus far in his career.

He's back to doing what he used to do before Coughlin showed up and ruined the team.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile