Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign run stuffing DT Al Woods

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 10:11 PM by JagJohn.)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/...8777586693

Nice to see we are getting bigger up front.

Anybody know anything about the guy?

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/0...-al-woods/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

33 year old run stuffer. meh

(03-23-2020, 10:17 PM)KABD Wrote: 33 year old run stuffer.  meh

I'm not argue #championship, but I'm glad to see them making a small investment in a proven run stuffer instead of throwing the bag at one, or investing an early pick...

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 10:44 PM by Upper.)

He had a solid PFF grade, and I presume his run grade is even stronger (will update with it tomorrow if no one else does). Hopefully he keeps us from making the Brown at 9 error now.

Seahawks fans wanted to keep him around, good sign.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 10:49 PM by ATLjag.)

He's a decent rotational veteran NT.

(03-23-2020, 10:38 PM)Upper Wrote: He had a solid PFF grade, and I presume his run grade is even stronger (will update with it tomorrow if no one else does). Hopefully he keeps us from making the Brown at 9 error now.

This is setting us up to take O-line, Kinlaw, or receiver at #9. Brown needs to be Aaron Donald and massively pressure the QB to be a top 10 pick. If he's mostly a run stuffer, resign the rehabbed Dareus when he returns and we've got that already.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Brown and Woods on the interior on short yardage downs sounds good

(03-23-2020, 10:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 10:38 PM)Upper Wrote: He had a solid PFF grade, and I presume his run grade is even stronger (will update with it tomorrow if no one else does). Hopefully he keeps us from making the Brown at 9 error now.

This is setting us up to take O-line, Kinlaw, or receiver at #9. Brown needs to be Aaron Donald and massively pressure the QB to be a top 10 pick. If he's mostly a run stuffer, resign the rehabbed Dareus when he returns and we've got that already.

You dont need to be Aaron Donald to be a top 10 pick lol.  Brown is a monster and draws double teams on the regular, one guy can rarely block him.  If Brown some how fell to 9 it would be like us getting Allen last year at 7.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 11:18 PM by JackCity.)

(03-23-2020, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 10:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: This is setting us up to take O-line, Kinlaw, or receiver at #9. Brown needs to be Aaron Donald and massively pressure the QB to be a top 10 pick. If he's mostly a run stuffer, resign the rehabbed Dareus when he returns and we've got that already.

You dont need to be Aaron Donald to be a top 10 pick lol.  Brown is a monster and draws double teams on the regular, one guy can rarely block him.  If Brown some how fell to 9 it would be like us getting Allen last year at 7.

Allen at #7 required a team making a disastrous pick where as Brown can pretty easily make it to #9 without teams making bad picks. Thats just his range

https://twitter.com/JCohen_NFL/status/11...9003771904

Woods is a v good run defender and cheap, great phase 4 FA signing

(03-23-2020, 11:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont need to be Aaron Donald to be a top 10 pick lol.  Brown is a monster and draws double teams on the regular, one guy can rarely block him.  If Brown some how fell to 9 it would be like us getting Allen last year at 7.

Allen at #7 required a team making a disastrous pick where as Brown can pretty easily make it to #9 without teams making bad picks. Thats just his range

DJ has him as his 2nd rated player so I wouldn't say 9 is his range.  He probably wont make it to 9, the only reason Allen fell last year is because a few QBs were taken which this year 3 QBs could be taken this year before we pick so there is a slim chance he falls.  Allen was the 4th defender taken last year, Brown will probably be the 4th defender taken this year

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 11:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Brown is actually a higher rated player than Allen was last year. We can only pray for us to luck out 2 years in a row and get a player as good as Brown is at 9. This draft is also deeper at the top than last years so there is that

Brown
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/derrick-br...b669a1b580

Allen
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-allen...4fa0fc8823

(03-23-2020, 11:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Allen at #7 required a team making a disastrous pick where as Brown can pretty easily make it to #9 without teams making bad picks. Thats just his range

DJ has him as his 2nd rated player so I wouldn't say 9 is his range.  He probably wont make it to 9, the only reason Allen fell last year is because a few QBs were taken which this year 3 QBs could be taken this year before we pick so there is a slim chance he falls.  Allen was the 4th defender taken last year, Brown will probably be the 4th defender taken this year

9 isn't a range. Around 7-12 would be his range , so wouldn't be a surprise if he was there to me. Allen was massive surprise nobody expected

(03-23-2020, 11:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: DJ has him as his 2nd rated player so I wouldn't say 9 is his range.  He probably wont make it to 9, the only reason Allen fell last year is because a few QBs were taken which this year 3 QBs could be taken this year before we pick so there is a slim chance he falls.  Allen was the 4th defender taken last year, Brown will probably be the 4th defender taken this year

9 isn't a range. Around 7-12 would be his range , so wouldn't be a surprise if he was there to me. Allen was massive surprise nobody expected

I'll be shocked if Brown falls to 9.

(03-23-2020, 11:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: 9 isn't a range. Around 7-12 would be his range , so wouldn't be a surprise if he was there to me. Allen was massive surprise nobody expected

Here's how I see his top 10 options 

1) Bengals : no 
2) Washington : no 
3) Lions : no (maybe if they trade back) 
4) giants : no (yes it's gettleman but I'd say there's like 4 prospects they'd rather have here) 
5) Miami: no 
6) Chargers: no
7) Panthers : maybe, think they'd go Simmons over him over one of the tackles but it's possible here for sure 
8) Cardinals: maybe 
9) Jags: maybe 
10) Browns: maybe

So I'd expect him to land in that range more than I would go top 5 personally

This is a good signing in my opinion. Last year, when teams started running on us, we had no answer. At least this year, we will have a few new options to put out there.

(03-24-2020, 01:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'll be shocked if Brown falls to 9.

Here's how I see his top 10 options 

1) Bengals : no 
2) Washington : no 
3) Lions : no (maybe if they trade back) 
4) giants : no (yes it's gettleman but I'd say there's like 4 prospects they'd rather have here) 
5) Miami: no 
6) Chargers: no
7) Panthers : maybe, think they'd go Simmons over him over one of the tackles but it's possible here for sure 
8) Cardinals: maybe 
9) Jags: maybe 
10) Browns: maybe

So I'd expect him to land in that range more than I would go top 5 personally

I could see the Panthers picking Brown.

They just lost Dontari Poe, Vernon Butler and Gerald McCoy.

They still have Kawann Short, but he is coming off a serious injury and is 31 yo.

The guy has played in 14 out of 16 games every season since 2013, (he was suspended 4 games in 2016) and started all 16 for the clots in 2017. Guy may not be a world beater, but hes a solid body in the middle.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-24-2020, 08:10 AM)NCJag Wrote: The guy has played in 14 out of 16 games every season since 2013, (he was suspended 4 games in 2016) and started all 16 for the clots in 2017.  Guy may not be a world beater, but hes a solid body in the middle.

The best ability is availability.

(03-23-2020, 11:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: 9 isn't a range. Around 7-12 would be his range , so wouldn't be a surprise if he was there to me. Allen was massive surprise nobody expected

You've looked at a mock draft recently right? More of them have Brown falling to us or later than not now. He's clearly behind Young, Okudah, and Simmons. Then throw in a QB and an OT or two or three and it's not even close to the same surprise as Allen was.

(03-24-2020, 08:26 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'll be shocked if Brown falls to 9.

You've looked at a mock draft recently right? More of them have Brown falling to us or later than not now. He's clearly behind Young, Okudah, and Simmons. Then throw in a QB and an OT or two or three and it's not even close to the same surprise as Allen was.

I spent exactly zero time thinking about Josh Allen as a Jaguar because it was so unlikely he'd make it there to me. Think most people were in that boat