Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars working to sign Tyler Eifert

(03-25-2020, 12:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: IF he stays healthy it would be the best receiving threat the jaguars have ever had at tight end.   Going by typical Jaguar luck he gets hurt and misses the whole season.

I think we'll still end up drafting Adam Trautman or Harrison Bryant.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Need to see what that guaranteed money is but ive liked Eifert since the Bungals drafted him. Poor guy just cant stay healthy. I hope he can turn the corner injury wise but the odds arent in his favor.

We dont need him to be 'the guy', just a target with Oliver in any 2 TE sets we run.

(03-25-2020, 01:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 12:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: IF he stays healthy it would be the best receiving threat the jaguars have ever had at tight end.   Going by typical Jaguar luck he gets hurt and misses the whole season.

I think we'll still end up drafting Adam Trautman or Harrison Bryant.

I say Bryant, Kmet, or Albet O

$15.5 million is way too much.

(03-25-2020, 02:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: $15.5 million is way too much.

It depends on the terms of the contract.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 02:29 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

OUCH !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki0Pyu34z9M

(03-25-2020, 02:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: $15.5 million is way too much.

Meh... incentive laden deal.
Gotta wait on fully gtd # before throwing a hissy imo.

Could end up being a deal as cheap as 1yr/7m

I want to know why any of you really care about the terms. It ain't like you're paying him.

Low risk, High reward signing. I like it. Hope he continues the trend of finishing seasons.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(03-25-2020, 02:49 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I want to know why any of you really care about the terms. It ain't like you're paying him.

Low risk, High reward signing. I like it. Hope he continues the trend of finishing seasons.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We are like 120M under the cap next year. [BLEEP] cares.

(03-25-2020, 05:45 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: We are like 120M under the cap next year. [BLEEP] cares.

Exactly, people act like they gotta Venmo the guy his bonus

This move is sooooo huge.

You can use that phrase If He Stays Healthy with any player in the league.

What’s important is he is healthy right now and he’s our starting TE with Oliver as TE2. This is huge man.

We have the Bengals 2013, 14, and 15 1st round picks. We are to the Bengals like the Rams are to us, although we didnt have to give up draft picks lol

(03-25-2020, 09:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have the Bengals 2013, 14, and 15 1st round picks.  We are to the Bengals like the Rams are to us, although we didnt have to give up draft picks lol

Well if the season doesn't work out the way we want, maybe we can also end up with the #1 overall pick and select an amazing QB like Lawrence in the 2021 draft.

Hey hey, no optimism allowed. Don't you know where you're posting?

(03-25-2020, 09:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have the Bengals 2013, 14, and 15 1st round picks.  We are to the Bengals like the Rams are to us, although we didnt have to give up draft picks lol

Not anymore.  Ogbuehi signed with the Seahawks on Monday.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-26-2020, 03:36 PM)NCJag Wrote:

Not anymore.  Ogbuehi signed with the Seahawks on Monday.

And nothing of value was lost.

Minshew to Eifert is going to be like the Walmart version of Brady to Gronk.

(03-27-2020, 08:40 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Minshew to Eifert is going to be like the Walmart version of Brady to Gronk.

Or trailer park version, same dif.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Pete Mitchell was probably a bit better as a receiver, but Eifert has always reminded me of Pete Mitchell.

I like the signing, and yes, we'll probably still address the position in the draft, especially if the value is there.