Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars working to sign Tyler Eifert

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2020, 04:54 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Per Ian Rapoport's twitter.

[Image: 516119109b9267e293162c636bed5ef2.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just saw this. It could be a very nice move if he stays healthy.

(03-24-2020, 04:53 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I just saw this. It could be a very nice move if he stays healthy.

Massive if. He did play all 16 games last season, but prior to that played 28 games in 5 years. Incentive based deal makes the most sense, hopefully he can stay healthy.

And even when he was healthy last year he wasn't good.

But it's a good gamble.

Chaaaammmmpppiiioonship

(03-24-2020, 05:07 PM)Upper Wrote: And even when he was healthy last year he wasn't good.

But it's a good gamble.

Well, the whole Bengals team wasn't good. That's why they have the 1st pick overall...

Eifert was still able to do his job : 43 rec, 436 yards, 3 TDs, 24 first downs...

Our whole TE unit (O'Shaughnessy, Oliver, Koyack, O'Leary, Devalve, Swaim) : 52 rec, 450 yards, 3 TDs.

I agree, good gamble.

I like the roll of the dice. If he can stay helathy another year and regain his old form hes a beast redzone threat.

Good.

If this gets done, the connection Eifert has with Gruden had to help a lot. This is another move which will give the Jags more draft day flexibility. Ideally, I'd like to see them draft a tight end in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Guys like Kmet, Trautman, and both Bryant's would be solid picks. Having all those draft picks should enable Caldwell to move up late on day 2 to get their guy.

Only several years too late...

good if the deal is fair
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Two year deal seems risky. Depends on details. Hopefully it is all based on roster bonuses/performance incentives.

If healthy a huge pick up for Minshew

I'll be surprised if he plays more than 10 games for us

Another injury prone Tight End. I’m about done with this [BLEEP].

He brings some experience to the position.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(03-24-2020, 09:26 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Another injury prone Tight End. I’m about done with this [BLEEP].

Who are the other injury-prone tight ends on the Jags roster? 

Oliver had good availability in NCAA before having two injuries in his rookie year. 
Same with Charles Jones.
O'Shaughnessy was durable prior to 2019's ACL injury.

Aside from 2019 - none of our current tight ends have been "injury prone" except Eifert.

I hope he brings the mullet back. The boys on the west side are going to love the Minshew to Eifert connection.

If he can stay healthy, I love this. If not, not a ton of cash so it'll be fine.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]