Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stimulus

My wife and I discussed this and we decided that whatever we get will be donated to people that actually need it.  Our reasoning is that we are both still receiving our normal income and we already have our money budgeted for our tax bill.  We are fortunate also that our children all work in "essential" jobs and they are still receiving a steady income.  We do know some people that are out of work through no fault of their own that have families to take care of.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2020, 01:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: My wife and I discussed this and we decided that whatever we get will be donated to people that actually need it.  Our reasoning is that we are both still receiving our normal income and we already have our money budgeted for our tax bill.  We are fortunate also that our children all work in "essential" jobs and they are still receiving a steady income.  We do know some people that are out of work through no fault of their own that have families to take care of.

Where should I send the essential info as for you to get me my money?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-27-2020, 01:46 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 01:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: My wife and I discussed this and we decided that whatever we get will be donated to people that actually need it.  Our reasoning is that we are both still receiving our normal income and we already have our money budgeted for our tax bill.  We are fortunate also that our children all work in "essential" jobs and they are still receiving a steady income.  We do know some people that are out of work through no fault of their own that have families to take care of.

Where should I send the essential info as for you to get me my money?

Just PM me your bank login details along with any pin or password.  I'll make sure the money gets to you.   Wink

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-27-2020, 12:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: The idea of tattoos or other identifying marks becoming mandatory under a future tyrannical government is much older than this movie...

[Image: 20181211-RVS-Hotels-19-Camera-Point-002-...1125%2C475]

Yeah yeah I know it specifically says we're not supposed to discuss that..  Ninja
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Everything I normally buy is "currently unavailable".
I can't imagine the situation will improve when $300 billion hits America's pockets all at once.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 07:14 PM by mal234.)

(03-27-2020, 07:01 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Everything I normally buy is "currently unavailable".
I can't imagine the situation will improve when $300 billion hits America's pockets all at once.

I live in NC and it's the same thing here where I live. Meat, Eggs, Toilet Paper, etc. And I tell you I think it's a lot of the same people in different places that keep hoarding. I think that there are quite a bit of people out there that keep hoarding over and over again. Though, they can only use so much toilet paper and even food.  I wonder where a lot of them are getting all of this money to keep hoarding like this. Especially with people losing their jobs. And it will happen again, once the stimulus checks hit. However, I do think that at some point, some of these people are going to be low on funds and not be able to keep hoarding like this. Especially if the economy continues on the track it's on during this virus. 

I'm not a hoarder. I don't take more than what I need. The last two times, I've been shopping I did do closer to two weeks worth of groceries. And I didn't even like doing that. I usually shop once a week for groceries. I love to cook, though I don't want to buy two much food at a time, I think that could lead to waste.

(03-27-2020, 07:01 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Everything I normally buy is "currently unavailable".

I might have to buy up some Apple stock.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 07:45 PM by Jags.)

Well, seems like it’s after right offs.  In that case, my wife and I squeak through.  Maybe a few hundred taken off.  But wel’ll get around 2300 including the 500/kid thing.  We’ll be putting it towards those that are really hurting.  It’s business as usual for us.  With the exception that she is working from home.  Which equates to savings on gas, food, etc..  we know a few not as fortunate.  We may just show up with a few things to help those out.

(03-27-2020, 02:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 01:46 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Where should I send the essential info as for you to get me my money?

Just PM me your bank login details along with any pin or password.  I'll make sure the money gets to you.   Wink

Can you believe that guy???  Wanting you to go to the work of sending him money!

Don't worry about delivering my new jet ski...….....you can just pay for it online and I'll pick it up at the dealership.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 08:40 PM by Jags.)

(03-27-2020, 08:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just PM me your bank login details along with any pin or password.  I'll make sure the money gets to you.   Wink

Can you believe that guy???  Wanting you to go to the work of sending him money!

Don't worry about delivering my new jet ski...….....you can just pay for it online and I'll pick it up at the dealership.

I can use an xxl big green egg.  The large one,
I find myself running out of room for all I want to cook at times.  Sure, I can use the grate that is 2 stories tall.  But I prefer the cast iron one. So I really need the surface area

That and my wife has been driving around town in an Audi A8. She really deserves better. I’m almost embarrassed for her.  We go to Publix and people are looking at us like we’re the scum of the earth. We really need to keep up or at least try to.  Perhaps I can upgrade my truck to the platinum version. Anything will help.   Just please send money.

(03-27-2020, 07:07 PM)mal234 Wrote:

I live in NC and it's the same thing here where I live. Meat, Eggs, Toilet Paper, etc. And I tell you I think it's a lot of the same people in different places that keep hoarding. I think that there are quite a bit of people out there that keep hoarding over and over again. Though, they can only use so much toilet paper and even food.  I wonder where a lot of them are getting all of this money to keep hoarding like this. Especially with people losing their jobs. And it will happen again, once the stimulus checks hit. However, I do think that at some point, some of these people are going to be low on funds and not be able to keep hoarding like this. Especially if the economy continues on the track it's on during this virus. 

I'm not a hoarder. I don't take more than what I need. The last two times, I've been shopping I did do closer to two weeks worth of groceries. And I didn't even like doing that. I usually shop once a week for groceries. I love to cook, though I don't want to buy two much food at a time, I think that could lead to waste.

The meat and eggs makes sense. People are not eating out as much, and most people are not used to cooking three meals a day at home. Grocery stores are not used to having that many trucks come through with the meat and eggs. But the restaurants aren't buying as much and those meat and eggs will eventually be diverted into the grocery store supply chain. The grocery stores will adjust the rate that they buy that stuff at.

I'll never understand the toilet paper though. There's no rational reason to buy extra toilet paper in this type of crisis. Nor bottled water.  Just takes a couple of really dumb people to ruin it for everybody...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-27-2020, 08:36 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 08:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Can you believe that guy???  Wanting you to go to the work of sending him money!

I can use an xxl big green egg.  The large one,
I find myself running out of room for all I want to cook at times.  Sure, I can use the grate that is 2 stories tall.  But I prefer the cast iron one. So I really need the surface area

That and my wife has been driving around town in an Audi A8. She really deserves better. I’m almost embarrassed for her.  We go to Publix and people are looking at us like we’re the scum of the earth. We really need to keep up or at least try to.  Perhaps I can upgrade my truck to the platinum version. Anything will help.   Just please send money.

I was here first!  Go find your own street corner!

We’re putting it in the emergency fund currently I’ve only had enough to cover 1 months worth of bills this will get us closer to the three month buffer David Ramsey advocates. After the the test is towards paying down more debt. Already paid off 3 small credit cards and one large card we had I have three left then I’m out of credit card debt. Next is the two car notes and the signature loan for my ac we had to replace two years ago. Working to be only in debt to the mortgage and my student loans by the end of next year. That’ll be the best financial standing we’ve been in my adult life.

I hate seeing the feds pump more money we don’t have out but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t going to help significantly.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(03-27-2020, 02:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 01:46 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Where should I send the essential info as for you to get me my money?

Are you sure you do not need me to send some apple iTunes cards first?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-27-2020, 08:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 08:36 PM)Jags Wrote: I can use an xxl big green egg.  The large one,

I was here first!  Go find your own street
Dude, you’re dealing with a hard core lawn guy.  I’m not really sure why people induce road rage upon us.  (Yes it happens, not sure why) We’re freaking weird [BLEEP] people with a different mind set.  You can be 8ft tall and 450lbs.  That’s my platinum F150. I’llchallenge you to a dual or a hard core game of paper rock scissors.  Just name it it.  It’s mine.  Bring it! Wink

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 09:28 PM by Jags.)

(03-27-2020, 09:10 PM)EricC85 Wrote: We’re putting it in the emergency fund currently I’ve only had enough to cover 1 months worth of bills this will get us closer to the three month buffer David Ramsey advocates. After the the test is towards paying down more debt. Already paid off 3 small credit cards and one large card we had I have three left then I’m out of credit card debt. Next is the two car notes and the signature loan for my ac we had to replace two years ago. Working to be only in debt to the mortgage and my student loans by the end of next year. That’ll be the best financial standing we’ve been in my adult life.

I hate seeing the feds pump more money we don’t have out but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t going to help significantly.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t in that same boat a few years back.  Glad you can make good use of it and can get you and the family on the right teack.  Sometimes in doing that we get ourselves in debt.  You seem like a hard worker.  Hopefully this will get you in the right place and/or ahead.  Keep on my friend.  There’s light at the end of the tunnel.

(03-27-2020, 09:21 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 08:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I was here first!  Go find your own street
Dude, you’re dealing with a hard core lawn guy.  I’m not really sure why people induce road rage upon us.  (Yes it happens, not sure why) We’re freaking weird [BLEEP] people with a different mind set.  You can be 8ft tall and 450lbs.  That’s my platinum F150. I’llchallenge you to a dual or a hard core game of paper rock scissors.  Just name it it.  It’s mine.  Bring it! Wink

Oh yeah?  I'd decorate your front yard with toilet paper if I could find some.

(03-27-2020, 10:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:21 PM)Jags Wrote: Dude, you’re dealing with a hard core lawn guy.  I’m not really sure why people induce road rage upon us.  (Yes it happens, not sure why) We’re freaking weird [BLEEP] people with a different mind set.  You can be 8ft tall and 450lbs.  That’s my platinum F150. I’llchallenge you to a dual or a hard core game of paper rock scissors.  Just name it it.  It’s mine.  Bring it! Wink

Oh yeah?  I'd decorate your front yard with toilet paper if I could find some.

I wish you can find some. Because I can’t either.  I’d roll that dew soaked paper on an old tube.  Make some flushable soft wipes outta that [BLEEP].

Big Grin 

(03-27-2020, 10:31 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 10:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Oh yeah?  I'd decorate your front yard with toilet paper if I could find some.

I wish you can find some. Because I can’t either.  I’d roll that dew soaked paper on an old tube.  Make some flushable soft wipes outta that [BLEEP].

Happy to help...….never said I was going to use NEW toilet paper.

(03-25-2020, 05:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Allegedly every adult within certain parameters (income of $75,000 per year for individuals and $150,000 for married couples) is going to receive a payment of $1200 per person.  I assume that many of our users here probably fall within the parameters of the condition myself included.

My question is, what do you plan to use that money for?

For me it would pretty much pay our income tax bill that we usually pay every year ($2400.00 is around the average that I have to pay above what the government takes from our income every year).  If it was up to me I would tell the government to keep it and lower my tax bill.

I do realize that some people are probably laid off right now or told not to report to work so their income stream is shut off.  I can understand how that money would help them out.  I am fortunate enough that I'm able to work from home for the most part (I am under quarantine at the moment).  My normal income is not affected by this, but I know that there are countless others not so fortunate.

I'm just curious to see how others would use the money.

My wife is out of a job now. Our son is due any minute now in April. We plan on saving it to pay off her car and for her to finish her real estate exam once schools are back up and running. 

I work in the essential field thankfully. So we'll manage for the most part. My concern is the grand scheme of things with this bill being passed. 

How much will it really help the average household between the average cost of living? And what is this going to cost us all down the road? 

The federal reserve never lends money out without expecting it back some how, some way. Trying not to be cycnical. But I just worry we're throwing money at a problem now with little to no results pending.

Only to essentially kick the can down the road for taxpayers to stress over in due time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."