Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Favorites to Sign Cam Newton (Vegas Odds)

Just noticed on some gambling sites, Dolphins + Jaguars at +250 followed by Chargers at +300.

Thoughts?  

He's still relatively young for a QB, I'm actually hoping we do it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 10:41 PM by Caldrac.)

I don't think he'll end up here. Miami and Los Angeles seem the most likely landing spots. I wouldn't rule out Las Vegas. He wants to start.

They off loaded Foles to show solidarity and commitmenf towards Minshew. Signing Newton contradicts this notion.

(03-25-2020, 10:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think he'll end up here. Miami and Los Angeles seem the most likely landing spots. I wouldn't rule out Las Vegas. He wants to start.

They off loaded Foles to show solidarity and commitment towards Minshew. Signing Newton contradicts this notion.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 10:45 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

10 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic ..... call me maybe

For the love of God, no.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

No one signs him until later in the year after he can workout. I doubt the Jags will sign him, he hasn't been a good QB in a while.

Why does no one in the national media believe how committed we are to Minshew?

The dude had the best year out of any rookie QB

They’re dumb

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 05:38 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-25-2020, 11:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Why does no one in the national media believe how committed we are to Minshew?

They’re dumb

Agreed.  I really think the Jags are committed to Minshew.  We also don't have a lot of cap room to waste.  Also, why would we dump Nick Foles and then turn around and hire Cam Newton?  That doesn't make sense.

I don’t know which is a worse prognosticator, gambling sites or Twitter.

(03-25-2020, 11:37 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Why does no one in the national media believe how committed we are to Minshew?

They’re dumb

They didn’t watch him play because he’s a Jag. Half of the ‘analysts’ only watch highlights and use that mixed with what others say to form opinions. The film says Minshew was very good.

[Image: IdlePaleKissingbug-size_restricted.gif]

So are we now the favorites to land Cam, Dalton, and Jameis?

Funny, I heard a rumor last night that they were 'the favorites' to sign Winston. That QB room is going to be awfully crowded next year with all of these acquisitions.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 07:55 AM by homebiscuit.)

(03-26-2020, 07:12 AM)PS9 Wrote:

They’re dumb

They didn’t watch him play because he’s a Jag. Half of the ‘analysts’ only watch highlights and use that mixed with what others say to form opinions. The film says Minshew was very good.

I remember reading, or hearing, somewhere about the rookie performance comparisons between Kyler Murray and Minshew. In many areas Minshew equaled or surpassed Murray, but who was not placed in the top of the field for ROY consideration. I know Minshew has to be wearing a chip on his shoulder about that.

Bookies/Vegas are no dummies. They've watched the Jags butcher the QB situation on par with the Brown for the past 20 years since Brunell. They are betting that the Jags are going to butcher it, once again... by signing Newton and blowing the draft on defense picks. I would love to see us committed to Minshew and making the environment around him helpful, but we have zero evidence that will be the case. They probably assume Minshew will get hurt in the preseason because we will fail to address the O-line and we will have to sign him.

Think about it, actually makes sense.

(03-26-2020, 07:55 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Bookies/Vegas are no dummies. They've watched the Jags butcher the QB situation on par with the Brown for the past 20 years since Brunell. They are betting that the Jags are going to butcher it, once again... by signing Newton and blowing the draft on defense picks. I would love to see us committed to Minshew and making the environment around him helpful, but we have zero evidence that will be the case. They probably assume Minshew will get hurt in the preseason because we will fail to address the O-line and we will have to sign him.

I'm not a gambler, but could this simply be a ploy to generate traffic on betting sites?

(03-26-2020, 08:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 07:55 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Bookies/Vegas are no dummies. They've watched the Jags butcher the QB situation on par with the Brown for the past 20 years since Brunell. They are betting that the Jags are going to butcher it, once again... by signing Newton and blowing the draft on defense picks. I would love to see us committed to Minshew and making the environment around him helpful, but we have zero evidence that will be the case. They probably assume Minshew will get hurt in the preseason because we will fail to address the O-line and we will have to sign him.

I'm not a gambler, but could this simply be a ploy to generate traffic on betting sites?

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Jags aren't signing Cam. This front office has been all about signing a backup QB that will not compete for the starting position. If you look at the history between Henne and Minshew, they would brought here as backups to a relatively high priced starter in Bortles and Foles.

Cam would create controversy and that's the last thing the Jags are looking for right now.

The general national public doesn't know about Minshew, doesn't care about Jags, and just saw we unloaded Foles "the starter"
Placing the Jags as the best odds to land "big name FA QB" is an easy way to get stupid bettors to lay their money down and lose.
We're now most likely to land Cam and Jameis. And also trade up to draft Tua

I'd say it's a long shot any of these happen. But I've been surprised and hurt by this franchise before lulz

They’re dumb

I had the displeasure of reading a sports column in the Detroit News. The columnist led off by opining that the Jaguars would be wise to sign Jameis Winston. Minshew's season of superior stats (particularly interception totals) was not mentioned.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-26-2020, 09:52 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

They’re dumb

I had the displeasure of reading a sports column in the Detroit News. The columnist led off by opining that the Jaguars would be wise to sign Jameis Winston. Minshew's season of superior stats (particularly interception totals) was not mentioned.

Not to mention, Winston is as immobile as Nick Foles.  If we wanted to sign Winston, why on God's green earth did we cut Foles?  Winston is the same guy but with much worse character.