Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(03-31-2020, 11:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't understand what the sticking point was last year, because as reported, it doesn't make sense.   This has been detailed before, but it bears repeating.   If he turned down 19 million last year because he wanted 23, and therefore he stayed at last year's salary,  then he blew off a bunch of money and we saved a bunch of money.  So mathematically, even if we now give him 23, it's as if he signed last year for 19.   So in those circumstances, it made no sense for him to turn down the deal last year, and it makes no sense for us to not raise it up this year.   So the only reason I can see as to why the two parties cannot agree is that there is something we don't know, or the facts are not as they were reported.

I could be wrong but pretty sure with extensions if a player has years remaining on a contract the additional years they sign for are just an extension. His current contract would have remained in place until the extension began. Not sure of the details but I imagine there has to be some type of average paid out to the player thereafter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's funny because he keeps acting like the Jaguars have wronged him but we seem to be the only ones who feeling he is worth 2 first round picks and 19 million a year. Seems like we value him more then the rest of the league.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(03-31-2020, 01:46 PM)Protozoa Wrote: It's funny because he keeps acting like the Jaguars have undervalued him but we seem to be the only ones who feeling he is worth 2 first round picks and 19 million a year. Seems like we value him more then the rest of the league.

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Seahawks look like they’re clearing cap space....

Hopefully we trade him. We have to improve the team culture, and these me first malcontents need to go. Guys like Calais asked for the money the right way. Wish we had kept him and traded 91.

(03-31-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cant wait till we get this clown off the team and add another 1st round pick

At best I think we could get a high/mid second and a later pick.  I highly doubt a 1st.  I get that people don't like Yann doing this, but let's also factor that it's not just the players doing these things.  These are also agent tactics at work.

(03-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Yeah Yannick is complaining on Twitter saying “Let’s agree to disagree. Why hold a man from taking care of his family. It’s obvious my time is up in my current situation. Let’s both move on"

The problem is it's been rumored that his asking price is holding him back from getting traded. The Jaguars aren't going to just give him up for nothing.

Oh poor guy. What a lame thing to say from Mr. perfect, Mr. true pro, Mr. role model for anyone etc etc

(03-31-2020, 02:24 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cant wait till we get this clown off the team and add another 1st round pick

At best I think we could get a high/mid second and a later pick.  I highly doubt a 1st.  I get that people don't like Yann doing this, but let's also factor that it's not just the players doing these things.  These are also agent tactics at work.

No 1st, no deal!

Imagine how much better of a pass rusher Yan would be if he wore regular football cleats instead of clown shoes.

Then he languishes on our team.

Without fair recompense from a trade the Jags have zero reason to do anything but sit on his contract.

(03-31-2020, 11:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Poor Yann's family going hungry.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...9282720769

It reminds me : 

[Image: bce5e23bad68a41727d5236a79bba8a9.jpg]

(03-31-2020, 02:59 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:54 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Poor Yann's family going hungry.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...9282720769

It reminds me : 

And gauging by how Yan has been playing his cards, dude will sit and not accrue this year. He needs to realize he very well could be tagged next year too if the Jaguars can’t find a trade partner. What does he plan to do then? I love Yan, but it’s clear he either isn’t getting good advice, or he’s not very bright(maybe both).

(03-31-2020, 03:30 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 02:59 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: It reminds me : 

And gauging by how Yan has been playing his cards, dude will sit and not accrue this year. He needs to realize he very well could be tagged next year too if the Jaguars can’t find a trade partner. What does he plan to do then? I love Yan, but it’s clear he either isn’t getting good advice, or he’s not very bright(maybe both).

Definitely both

(03-31-2020, 02:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Imagine how much better of a pass rusher Yan would be if he wore regular football cleats instead of clown shoes.

I don't care who you are....that is funny.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

What star player will be leaving the team next?

Yanny got caught in the perfect vortex of having the worst agent in football, COVID-19, and the IQ of frozen plank salmon. I won't be surprised if this guy is selling oranges under an overpass in a few years.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 04:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I hope we keep him and then tag him again next year. Mwuahahahaha

(03-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Yeah Yannick is complaining on Twitter saying “Let’s agree to disagree. Why hold a man from taking care of his family. It’s obvious my time is up in my current situation. Let’s both move on"

The problem is it's been rumored that his asking price is holding him back from getting traded. The Jaguars aren't going to just give him up for nothing.

On his signing bonus alone, I venture I could take care of probably ten families, so uh, shut the pie hole yanni

Being a public malcontent is probably @great@ for ensuring that you get a long term, guaranteed deal from a team.

What does screaming into the void of twitter accomplish, other than painting himself in a poor light? Advertising that you want out, that you want it now, how does that convince another team that they have to raise the stakes if they want to pry you away from your current team, or any other team bidding for your service?

Agent tactics is "don't take the first offer". Submarining your own value may be an agent tactic, but I wouldn't say it's a successful agent's tactic.

Hoping Miami and New York (Giants and Jets) are in play for him. Plenty of value and options there to be had if they can work out a trade. Don't care if it involves swapping that 20th or 9th overall selection around while gaining a higher pick and extra pick.

But. . . he's a cancer at this point. He needs to go. His entire attitude and handling of this situation via twitter (long before COVID-19 was in effect) has been a tremendous let down. He went the path of Ramsey unfortunately. And it really does sound like the market is telling him to come down off his high horse.

He's a good, not GREAT pass rusher. And he's not really someone you see registering a ton of tackles year in and year out. And he's also not really someone you see hitting pay dirt as much as he should be around the QB. He wants that blockbuster contract but he's not out there putting up Bruce Smith, Reggie White or J.J Watt numbers all across the board to have that much of a demand.

One trick pony's don't deserve shire horse money. And that's exactly what this situation is.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."