Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(03-31-2020, 03:30 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: And gauging by how Yan has been playing his cards, dude will sit and not accrue this year. He needs to realize he very well could be tagged next year too if the Jaguars can’t find a trade partner. What does he plan to do then? I love Yan, but it’s clear he either isn’t getting good advice, or he’s not very bright(maybe both).

If he does that, how in the world can he expect to take care of his fambly?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 05:58 PM by Mowerguy.)

Im starting to think other teams don't want him and his antics after seeing how Whiner Ramsey turned out.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(03-31-2020, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yanny got caught in the perfect vortex of having the worst agent in football, COVID-19, and the IQ of frozen plank salmon. I won't be surprised if this guy is selling oranges under an overpass in a few years.

I doubt his agent is this bad. There have been some leaks that he isn't listening to any advice he is being given. He seems to be doing his own thing. Maybe he isn't paying for the PR and twitter control that top players have. He seems to want to control everything himself. Saying he is done playing for the Jags is not something an agent would bless.

(03-31-2020, 04:35 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Im starting to think other teams don't want him and his antics after seeing ho Whiner Ramsey turned out.

I seriously doubt this to be true. 

Just because a trade hasn't been struck there is no reason to jump to conclusions. 
Two biggest reasons for this are:

- The Jags actually want to keep him and convince him to play - under the tag or a contract.
      They are going to wait that out unless the right compensation is offered. 
 - The Jags don't need to be in a hurry to move him. 
    They can be patient and make sure they've heard the best offer before dealing him.

edit: added this tweet to support the above statements 
https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...31744?s=20

(03-31-2020, 03:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yanny got caught in the perfect vortex of having the worst agent in football, COVID-19, and the IQ of frozen plank salmon. I won't be surprised if this guy is selling oranges under an overpass in a few years.

A FROZEN PLANK SALMON. 

LOL!

(03-31-2020, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 10:52 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Moreover, if he feels he's worth, say, $22M/yr, then accept an offer with a $17-18M base (what the Jags were offering) and try to negotiate some escalators worthy of $22M, like X amount of fumbles and sacks.

If the Jags were offering 17-18M with market value guarantees (which they weren't) we would have had him locked up to a long term deal last year.

It’s all apart of negotiation. Don’t like the first initial offer? (Who does?) then counter. It’s obvious from the get go either his agent has no business in the NFL or Yan is just outright ignoring his advice. He’s now backed himself in a corner full of his pride if the rumors are true that we are offering him higher than what other teams are willing to pay. To save face he’s now playing the “disrespect” card and bad mouthing the organization that they are keeping him from feeding his family. 

What a joke!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-31-2020, 11:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So the only reason I can see as to why the two parties cannot agree is that there is something we don't know, or the facts are not as they were reported.

I agree.  There's something we don't know.

I don’t think it’s about the money this time around.

If he was greedy (like some of you believe) wouldn’t he takes the Jags offer since it’s most likely the highest now? I think before last season, it was about the money. This time around, he just doesn’t want to play here.

That’s just my guess.

I don't blame him at all. He wants to win and this joke of team isn't that team.

I'm so ready for it to be over with already but not at the expense of fair compensation for the team.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 07:18 PM by JagFanatic24.)

This is not aimed at Yan

But you don’t know what somebody went through as a kid. It’s all about the money. When fans say “this guys will play hard no matter what”

Or this guys is not all about the money.

That’s all it’s about. I would leave my current job in a heart beat if they were going to give me an extra million bucks. Tebow ditched Jax bc of the same reason. The Jets offered more.

You get your money and you get out with no life threatening injuries.

(03-31-2020, 07:09 PM)uthill Wrote: I don't blame him at all. He wants to win and this joke of team isn't that team.

He couldn’t care less about winning. It’s only about the money. 

If I offered him 30 million a year to Mow my grass then he would take it.

Put yourself in their situation. He owes this team nothing. Guys get their money and that’s the bottom line.

Pretty obvious teams don't value him as much as the Jags. Best we could get is Seattle's 1st but I doubt it, more like a 2nd and maybe a 3rd or 4th.

Yeah as really with his potential needs to go to a winning team. Like Campbell went to Baltimore!
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(03-31-2020, 07:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t think it’s about the money this time around.

If he was greedy (like some of you believe) wouldn’t he takes the Jags offer since it’s most likely the highest now? I think before last season, it was about the money. This time around, he just doesn’t want to play here.

That’s just my guess.

I guess I just dont understand what he has to be so salty about. The Jags took him in the 3rd and gave him a role in year one and he played well. Due to his play the Jags expanded his role and split his time with Fowler and he had another good season but struggled against the run. 

The next season they reward his play by giving him the starting job and shipping Fowler off despite Yannick being below average against the run. His play declined as did the whole defense but despite that the Jaguars still offered him 19 million a season at the end of the year which he laughed at and said I want 23 million a year and the Jags played hardball which they should have after the down year.

Last year he bet on himself and got out played by a rookie on less snaps (A really good rookie I'll admit) and despite that they still tag and offer him more money then anyone else and he starts throwing Twitter tantrums and acts like he has been disrespected.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(03-31-2020, 07:09 PM)uthill Wrote: I don't blame him at all. He wants to win and this joke of team isn't that team.

Yeah unfortunately this will continue to happen (good players leaving a losing situation) until we fix the QB situation. We might have the guy, but he needs time to throw the ball and a decent run game wouldn’t hurt. A weapon outside Chark as well.

(03-31-2020, 08:26 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 07:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t think it’s about the money this time around.

That’s just my guess.

I guess I just dont understand what he has to be so salty about. The Jags took him in the 3rd and gave him a role in year one and he played well. Due to his play the Jags expanded his role and split his time with Fowler and he had another good season but struggled against the run. 

The next season they reward his play by giving him the starting job and shipping Fowler off despite Yannick being below average against the run. His play declined as did the whole defense but despite that the Jaguars still offered him 19 million a season at the end of the year which he laughed at and said I want 23 million a year and the Jags played hardball which they should have after the down year.

Last year he bet on himself and got out played by a rookie on less snaps (A really good rookie I'll admit) and despite that they still tag and offer him more money then anyone else and he starts throwing Twitter tantrums and acts like he has been disrespected.

Good post, if we dont get good compensation we should  just keep him and tag him next year as well if he is dumb enough to sit out

I would say to punish yan trade him to X team but realized we maybe the worst team. . If he dont sign he sits.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-31-2020, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 08:26 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I guess I just dont understand what he has to be so salty about. The Jags took him in the 3rd and gave him a role in year one and he played well. Due to his play the Jags expanded his role and split his time with Fowler and he had another good season but struggled against the run. 

Good post, if we dont get good compensation we should  just keep him and tag him next year as well if he is dumb enough to sit out
I float a good post out every now and again.

Honestly I'd be fine if we only got a 1st next year for him, that way if Minshew doesn't pan out we have 3 first round picks to package for a QB in next years draft.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Can't wait until this guy is gone so we can finally move on to the next quality player we run out of town. Players are only good when they dont want any money. As soon as any of these bums try and pretend like running around playing a childs game is worth millions, they need to be gone. Anyone can do their job, and there is a line 20 miles long with talented WalMart employees that will take $23k a year to outplay all these divas.

This team is built on winning and that culture cant be compromised by anyone. The coaching staff has done a tremendous job, they are the ones who should be holding out for a big contract that they deserve. Not some low life street thug that has countless reasons to never be employed on Earth again.

I sure hope Minshew never amounts to anything so we can give him a big contract to stick around, would suck to see him leave.

(04-01-2020, 02:14 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Can't wait until this guy is gone so we can finally move on to the next quality player we run out of town. Players are only good when they dont want any money. As soon as any of these bums try and pretend like running around playing a childs game is worth millions,  they need to be gone.  Anyone can do their job, and there is a line 20 miles long with talented WalMart employees that will take $23k a year to outplay all these divas.

This team is built on winning and that culture cant be compromised by anyone. The coaching staff has done a tremendous job, they are the ones who should be holding out for a big contract that they deserve. Not some low life street thug that has countless reasons to never be employed on Earth again.

I sure hope Minshew never amounts to anything so we can give him a big contract to stick around, would suck to see him leave.

I'm all for players getting all they can, the game is brutal and careers are short. Also, unlike you say not everyone can play the game at a high level; the amount of skill and dedication it takes to be a quality NFL starter is rare.

With that said, players do certainly overvalue themselves at times and take bad advice from agents (who have a vested interest in a player signing the largest contract possible).  I think this is clearly what's happened in Ngakoue's case. He may even realize it at this point but his ego won't let him re-sign with the team after everything that's been said. It's a shame. In the end, he's going to end up taking less money than he could have signed for last year to play somewhere else and we'll lose a quality player. Nobody wins.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.