Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-01-2020, 12:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If we re-sign him, you guys are going to have to get over this hatred.

He's not worth hating.

He's just really dumb.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2020, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:18 PM)Emplehdog Wrote: Here is what's going on. In a nutshell, Yan is butthurt about Josh Allen being drafted. the only reason why we aren;t giving him the 20 he wants is because we have Allen and Yan knows this. It's that simple. The Jags never expected Allen to fall to them and they probably should have said  it and traded back, why draft a star player that plays the exact same position as your other star player, I mean the exact same side and everything.

You can fill in all the nuance, but that's basically it. It's not Coughlin, its not the team.. it's he aint get that extra cause we drafted Allen

The team needs both of them. 

Having Allen doesn't preclude the need for another pass rusher like Ngakoue. 

Also:
check out our CoC here to prevent further warnings for profanity filter avoidance -
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=21106

I didn't say the team didn't want/need both of them. I said they are willing to pay him 19 and not 21-22 because they have Allen. I didn't think it could be misunderstood. 

(04-01-2020, 01:01 PM)Emplehdog Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The team needs both of them. 

Also:
check out our CoC here to prevent further warnings for profanity filter avoidance -

I didn't say the team didn't want/need both of them. I said they are willing to pay him 19 and not 21-22 because they have Allen. I didn't think it could be misunderstood. 

You aren't being misunderstood. You're just incorrect in your reasoning.  

Allen is on a rookie deal and will get his money in 2022 or 2023. Having Allen isn't keeping the Jags from paying  Yan amount X or amount Y.  Not at all.  The Jags tagged Ngakoue and want to keep him long term and he's determined to play elsewhere. Allen just doesn't factor in to that. 

Allen has almost zero to do with this aside from the fact that at least the team would still have one top tier player on the line if Yan refuses to play or deal. That's not something that encourages a GM to move on from an impactful pass-rusher like Ngakoue.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 01:18 PM by Mikey.)

(04-01-2020, 09:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Buuuwwwwaaaaa!!!Now the kook is beefing with a local reporter.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...8659479553

Hahahaha saint Ngakoue is losing it.

This dude is a total prick, where are those guys who said he was perfect, a class act, a true professional? A real idiot showing his true colors.

until this offseason, where is the unprofessional stuff that has you cackling?

I think every single person on this board will acknowledge that regardless of how we felt about Yan before season's end, these offseason shenanigans have burned any bridge he hoped to have with the team. Doesn't mean he's not good, just means he's yapped his way out of a job with the team, whether it pays more than elsewhere or not.

(04-01-2020, 10:17 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: I hope Goodell suspends Yannick for 4-6 games for those last tweets. You cant type that kind of madness and expect to get away with it, act professional and not like a street thug.

@Yes, we all know street thugs care so much about suit jackets.@

From a CBS article today about trades that should happen:

4. Jaguars trade Yannick Ngakoue to the Giants
Jaguars get: 2020 first-round pick (fourth overall), 2020 second-round pick (36th overall), 2021 second-round pick
Giants get: Yannick Ngakoue, 2020 first-round pick (ninth overall)

I'd take that...

(04-01-2020, 01:32 PM)JagJohn Wrote: From a CBS article today about trades that should happen:

Jaguars get: 2020 first-round pick (fourth overall), 2020 second-round pick (36th overall), 2021 second-round pick

I'd take that...

Well....yeah.  But the Giants would have to be idiots.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-01-2020, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You aren't being misunderstood. You're just incorrect in your reasoning.  

Allen is on a rookie deal and will get his money in 2022 or 2023. Having Allen isn't keeping the Jags from paying  Yan amount X or amount Y.  Not at all.  The Jags tagged Ngakoue and want to keep him long term and he's determined to play elsewhere. Allen just doesn't factor in to that. 

Allen has almost zero to do with this aside from the fact that at least the team would still have one top tier player on the line if Yan refuses to play or deal. That's not something that encourages a GM to move on from an impactful pass-rusher like Ngakoue.

Yes he does factor into it. And they offered 19mil and then a franchise tag so clearly they aren't "trying to move on". What you're doing is giving my words your own meaning in order to be what I assume you think, is correct. If they Jags didn't have Allen right now they wouldn't hesitate to give yan 21-22, simple as that

(04-01-2020, 01:37 PM)Emplehdog Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You aren't being misunderstood. You're just incorrect in your reasoning.  

Yes he does factor into it. And they offered 19mil and then a franchise tag so clearly they aren't "trying to move on". What you're doing is giving my words your own meaning in order to be what I assume you think, is correct. If they Jags didn't have Allen right now they wouldn't hesitate to give yan 21-22, simple as that

You're making some ridiculous assertions as 'fact' beginning with your first post in this thread.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Just the move from 9 to 4 is probably the value of Yan honestly (a future 1st and a 3rd ish). To get the additional 2nd's would be a ridiculous haul. I assume they have us targeting a QB in this scenario? Or did Okudah get past Detroit?

(04-01-2020, 01:32 PM)JagJohn Wrote: From a CBS article today about trades that should happen:

I'd take that...

(04-01-2020, 12:18 PM)Emplehdog Wrote: Here is what's going on. In a nutshell, Yan is butthurt about Josh Allen being drafted. the only reason why we aren;t giving him the 20 he wants is because we have Allen and Yan knows this. It's that simple. The Jags never expected Allen to fall to them and they probably should have said F it and traded back, why draft a star player that plays the exact same position as your other star player, I mean the exact same side and everything.

You can fill in all the nuance, but that's basically it. It's not Coughlin, its not the team.. it's he aint get that extra cause we drafted Allen

Thank god they were not that stupid.

And Ngakoue is far from being a star, sorry.

(04-01-2020, 01:37 PM)Emplehdog Wrote:

Nah. 
That’s just plain wrong. 

They aren’t redundant players. 
They need both.

(04-01-2020, 01:17 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 09:56 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Hahahaha saint Ngakoue is losing it.

This dude is a total prick, where are those guys who said he was perfect, a class act, a true professional? A real idiot showing his true colors.

until this offseason, where is the unprofessional stuff that has you cackling?

I think every single person on this board will acknowledge that regardless of how we felt about Yan before season's end, these offseason shenanigans have burned any bridge he hoped to have with the team. Doesn't mean he's not good, just means he's yapped his way out of a job with the team, whether it pays more than elsewhere or not.

(04-01-2020, 10:17 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: I hope Goodell suspends Yannick for 4-6 games for those last tweets. You cant type that kind of madness and expect to get away with it, act professional and not like a street thug.

@Yes, we all know street thugs care so much about suit jackets.@

Laughing

I don't know why you keep quoting me.

Clowney just came down from his asking price. Only means it's going to lower Ngakoue's value as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-01-2020, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:18 PM)Emplehdog Wrote: Here is what's going on. In a nutshell, Yan is butthurt about Josh Allen being drafted. the only reason why we aren;t giving him the 20 he wants is because we have Allen and Yan knows this. It's that simple. The Jags never expected Allen to fall to them and they probably should have said  it and traded back, why draft a star player that plays the exact same position as your other star player, I mean the exact same side and everything.

The team needs both of them. 

Also:

Luckily there are players out there willing to step up and replace him if given the chance.

Check out the gear LSU Edge K’Lavon Chaisson is rocking.

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/stat...75266?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'd take that...

Me too.

Not only would it still leave us with two 1st round picks this year, but it would give us two 2nd round picks this year and two in 2021.

Putting us in the top 4 gives us possibilities.

We'd have an outside chance at Chase Young, and excellent chance at Okudah, Simmons, Brown, and our choice of tackles, and possibly Tua.

Would I take that deal over a deal with say, Seattle for a 1 and a 3, for instance?

I think so.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-01-2020, 02:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 12:18 PM)Emplehdog Wrote: Here is what's going on. In a nutshell, Yan is butthurt about Josh Allen being drafted. the only reason why we aren;t giving him the 20 he wants is because we have Allen and Yan knows this. It's that simple. The Jags never expected Allen to fall to them and they probably should have said F it and traded back, why draft a star player that plays the exact same position as your other star player, I mean the exact same side and everything.

Thank god they were not that stupid.

sure, interesting way to call someone stupid though 

(04-01-2020, 02:25 PM)Emplehdog Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 02:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Thank god they were not that stupid.

sure, interesting way to call someone stupid though 

Yeah, especially since Allen already proved to be better than Yan.

Allen has the talent to become an all pro, Yan doesn't, pretty simple.

(04-01-2020, 02:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Clowney just came down from his asking price. Only means it's going to lower Ngakoue's value as well.

I dont think Clowney situation is comparable to Yannicks. Clowney hasn't had the best numbers and has had a lot of injuries and Yannick has not. Yannick is better than Clowney though that's my opinion.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I dont like the Giants trade. I'd rather the Jets rumored offer. I'd rather 9 and 11 than 4 and 20

I'd take that...

I'd take this trade in a HEARTBEAT and not think twice about it.

Highly doubt something like that would transpire though unfortunately.