Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

Yannick Ngakoue drawing trade interest ahead of draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...d-of-draft

With the 2020 NFL Draft three weeks away, Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, who is seeking to move on from the franchise, is drawing trade interest from teams, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah Yannick is complaining on Twitter saying “Let’s agree to disagree. Why hold a man from taking care of his family. It’s obvious my time is up in my current situation. Let’s both move on"

The problem is it's been rumored that his asking price is holding him back from getting traded. The Jaguars aren't going to just give him up for nothing.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 11:01 AM by TheDogCatcher.)

(03-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Yeah Yannick is complaining on Twitter saying “Let’s agree to disagree. Why hold a man from taking care of his family. It’s obvious my time is up in my current situation. Let’s both move on"

The problem is it's been rumored that his asking price is holding him back from getting traded. The Jaguars aren't going to just give him up for nothing.

I hate that "take care of my family" tactic. He could've taken care of his family and their next generation for life last year by accepting the Jags' multi-million dollar offer. Someone print this guy a simple Wikipedia page on supply and demand. If no one is going to pay you $20+/year million, then you've got to lower your asking price.

Moreover, if he feels he's worth, say, $22M/yr, then accept an offer with a $17-18M base (what the Jags were offering) and try to negotiate some escalators worthy of $22M, like X amount of fumbles and sacks.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Money doesn't matter, hes gonna paid nicely wherever. Just another player doing whatever they can to leave this organization.

(03-31-2020, 10:52 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Moreover, if he feels he's worth, say, $22M/yr, then accept an offer with a $17-18M base (what the Jags were offering) and try to negotiate some escalators worthy of $22M, like X amount of fumbles and sacks.

If the Jags were offering 17-18M with market value guarantees (which they weren't) we would have had him locked up to a long term deal last year.

Tbh honest, how many players that get huge contracts outside of QB, keep playing hard? It seems like I just see case after case where players get the huge deal then fall off a cliff.

(03-31-2020, 11:18 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Tbh honest, how many players that get huge contracts outside of QB, keep playing hard? It seems like I just see case after case where players get the huge deal then fall off a cliff.

Yannick is not that type of player. That I can guarantee.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-31-2020, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 10:52 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Moreover, if he feels he's worth, say, $22M/yr, then accept an offer with a $17-18M base (what the Jags were offering) and try to negotiate some escalators worthy of $22M, like X amount of fumbles and sacks.

If the Jags were offering 17-18M with market value guarantees (which they weren't) we would have had him locked up to a long term deal last year.
I've seen multiple reports that we offered him 19 million a year last year and he turned it down. Now hes looking for a different team and they are all offering less from the rumors that are out there.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 11:25 AM by Upper.)

(03-31-2020, 11:23 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote: If the Jags were offering 17-18M with market value guarantees (which they weren't) we would have had him locked up to a long term deal last year.
I've seen multiple reports that we offered him 19 million a year last year and he turned it down. Now hes looking for a different team and they are all offering less from the rumors that are out there.

Yeah by all accounts we offered him a respectable AAV with awful guaranteed money. If we had structured it so that Yan got a modicum of long term security we wouldn't be in this situation.

(03-31-2020, 10:52 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Yeah Yannick is complaining on Twitter saying “Let’s agree to disagree. Why hold a man from taking care of his family. It’s obvious my time is up in my current situation. Let’s both move on"

I hate that "take care of my family" tactic. He could've taken care of his family and their next generation for life last year by accepting the Jags' multi-million dollar offer. Someone print this guy a simple Wikipedia page on supply and demand. If no one is going to pay you $20+/year million, then you've got to lower your asking price.

Moreover, if he feels he's worth, say, $22M/yr, then accept an offer with a $17-18M base (what the Jags were offering) and try to negotiate some escalators worthy of $22M, like X amount of fumbles and sacks.

Especially given the current climate but I wouldn't expect and millionaire to understand the optics.

(03-31-2020, 11:25 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 11:23 AM)Protozoa Wrote: I've seen multiple reports that we offered him 19 million a year last year and he turned it down. Now hes looking for a different team and they are all offering less from the rumors that are out there.

Yeah by all accounts we offered him a respectable AAV with awful guaranteed money. If we had structured it so that Yan got a modicum of long term security we wouldn't be in this situation. 

True but no one else seems to me offering him what he wants. Not only that but he is playing this "disrespect" card but the person who "disrespected" him is out of the building and hes still acting like a child throwing twitter tantrums.

It's a business and they played hard ball with him and now he wants to take his ball and go home. If he thinks other teams arent going to do the same with him then hes in for a rude awakening. Just look at Ramsey with the Rams they still havent resigned him so how long before he starts playing the "disrespect" card again.

Yanns value was severely hurt when our rookie outplayed him on far less snaps. He knows this and it angers him that he is no longer King [BLEEP] of turd island.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I don't understand what the sticking point was last year, because as reported, it doesn't make sense. This has been detailed before, but it bears repeating. If he turned down 19 million last year because he wanted 23, and therefore he stayed at last year's salary, then he blew off a bunch of money and we saved a bunch of money. So mathematically, even if we now give him 23, it's as if he signed last year for 19. So in those circumstances, it made no sense for him to turn down the deal last year, and it makes no sense for us to not raise it up this year. So the only reason I can see as to why the two parties cannot agree is that there is something we don't know, or the facts are not as they were reported.

Clown shoes Yan is in rare form on his birthday. Desperation makes a stinky cologne.

(03-31-2020, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:

Link?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Poor Yann's family going hungry.

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...9282720769
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Okay, it's officially too much from Yan. You aren't getting out of the tag. Just sign your damn tender so we can trade you and shut up.

(03-31-2020, 11:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't understand what the sticking point was last year, because as reported, it doesn't make sense.   This has been detailed before, but it bears repeating.   If he turned down 19 million last year because he wanted 23, and therefore he stayed at last year's salary,  then he blew off a bunch of money and we saved a bunch of money.  So mathematically, even if we now give him 23, it's as if he signed last year for 19.   So in those circumstances, it made no sense for him to turn down the deal last year, and it makes no sense for us to not raise it up this year.   So the only reason I can see as to why the two parties cannot agree is that there is something we don't know, or the facts are not as they were reported.

Apparently it wasnt just the per year amount but the length of the guarantee.  Frank Clark's deal was almost like a 3 year guarantee.  Rumors were Yan wanted something similar.  Regardless, while we did save a bunch of money last year by not paying him the $19M, that doesnt mean we should necessarily overpay for future years.  If the rumors are true, it does sound like our offer is better than any other team which kind of makes sense as those others teams have to give up draft equity as well as pay the contract.

But I'm sure if you are Yan, at this point it would look like you caved if you signed with us, so now pride is getting in the way.  Will he swallow his pride and take more money here?  Or will he leave and take less money?  It sounding very possible that he ends up getting a smaller contract elsewhere.  And obviously he missed out on a ton of money last year which he'll never get back.  It's looking more and more likely that he'll finish his career having made less money than he would have had he just signed the original deal we offered.  Fair or not, contract negotiations are their own game and it doesnt appear like he has played this game well.

He’s not worth more than $18M a year. That’s what we offered him, and he didn’t take it. Nobody is gonna pay an undersized edge pass rusher $22M. He’ll be lucky if he even gets an offer for $18M anywhere else.

Cant wait till we get this clown off the team and add another 1st round pick