Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oliver Optimism?

(03-31-2020, 04:00 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 03:54 PM)Mikey Wrote: So you're saying wait till 2021?

Confused

Big Grin  I knew someone was going to say this.
I hope they will be able to work together in June/July/August.

I'm more concerned by our Oline than by Minshew/Oliver.

Agreed on the bold (and scared about those summer months' prep)

Many of the times Oliver was open in the gifs I made, he wasn't seen/targeted due to the QB being pressured.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he'll be better in year two. I just hope he's been training and conditioning himself properly with that hamstring issue from last year. That's my only concern with him. His ability to get open and create plays was there in his college highlights. I have high hopes for him.

I thought he was going to end up being a target in last year's draft and ended up being correct. With Eifert signed up as well I just hope that doesn't deter Caldwell from selecting another TE in this year's draft. There's some good value to be had in RD3 potentially between Adam Trautman & Harrison Bryant.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bumping old thread for an Oliver interview:
https://www.jaguars.com/news/o-zone-conv...osh-oliver

(06-11-2020, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bumping old thread for an Oliver interview:
https://www.jaguars.com/news/o-zone-conv...osh-oliver

I foresee a platoon situation with the three-headed Eifert/Oliver/O'Shag monster. Eifert will start the season before heading to IR around the bye or earlier. Oliver will be next man up. He won't go on IR, but his hammy will flare up a few games, so O'Shag will take the baton as needed. O'Shag will be felled after four/five games, but his teammates will salute him to the bench with, "Thanks for your service, comrade!" No worries: Oliver will have enough juice left to close it out.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

If O’shangagagageee is our 3rd TE then we’re in pretty good shape.

Think of all the years that Marcedes Lewis was all we had and no decent TE2. And since he left we’ve had nothing from our TE spot. 2020 we will be more stronger at TE in years.

I predict 8 TDs from our TE guys as a group. Minshew had good chemistry with O’shaneesseesee last year before he got hurt.

(06-14-2020, 12:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If O’shangagagageee is our 3rd TE then we’re in pretty good shape.

Think of all the years that Marcedes Lewis was all we had and no decent TE2. And since he left we’ve had nothing from our TE spot. 2020 we will be more stronger at TE in years.

I predict 8 TDs from our TE guys as a group. Minshew had good chemistry with O’shaneesseesee last year before he got hurt.

There was a noticeable drop in Minshew's production if I remember correctly when O'shaganagagaseee was injured.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-14-2020, 08:34 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 12:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If O’shangagagageee is our 3rd TE then we’re in pretty good shape.

There was a noticeable drop in Minshew's production if I remember correctly when O'shaganagagaseee was injured.

There were noticeable dips in 3 or 4 of the next 11 games, but one of those was New Orleans, which had nothing to do with the TE and everything to do with N.O.'s defense having a great game-plan and executing it. A couple more were primarily about the O-Line giving him very little protection. 

Not having a healthy TE was an issue most of the season and Minshew had some chemistry going with James O. early on  - but it wasn't like his injury crippled the offense. Minshew did a good job of spreading the ball around and producing when he was out.  

Hopefully they will have multiple healthy TEs available every week this year.

Yeah man, it’s refreshing to have some new blood at TE. I’m crossing my finger that Eifert is a beast and Oliver can learn from him. I remember I wanted Eifert coming out of college.

Well with the plandemic happening i wonder if they will have a season at all and with zero OTA's and training camp in flux this is gonna be one sloppy season IMO.