Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trading Down From 9

I also wouldn't trade past 16.

Personally, unless Okudah falls that far (really really unlikely) or they absolutely want one of the 3 top OT (which would make sense), I'd really love to trade down (not past 16, preferably top 14).

Even if they really want Brown and he is there at 9, if we trade down to 14 chance is really high he'll still be there as the team after are likely to pick OL and WR. And if he won't be there one of the top OT,, top WR, Kinlaw or Henderson will still be there.
With our ammo (trading down to 14 should net us an additional third round pick) we can easily trade up from 20 and get two top players in the top 16 range (you can for exemple land a combination of Brown/Henderson, Henderson/Jeudy/Ruggs, Brown/WR or whatever).
We'd have enough capital to move up from 20 like I just said and then move up again from 42 to the last 1st round or top of the second. And enough ammo to trade up again from 73 to top 50-55. (we aren't drafting 13 players anyway).
That's all without taking into account picks from a potential Ngakoue trade.

So to sum it up: Okudah available: stay put. If they are really high on top 3 OT: stay put. Anything else: trade down and then move aggressively up multiple times in the first 2 rounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-17-2020, 10:07 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I also wouldn't trade past 16.

Personally, unless Okudah falls that far (really really unlikely) or they absolutely want one of the 3 top OT (which would make sense), I'd really love to trade down (not past 16, preferably top 14).

Even if they really want Brown and he is there at 9, if we trade down to 14 chance is really high he'll still be there as the team after are likely to pick OL and WR. And if he won't be there one of the top OT,, top WR, Kinlaw or Henderson will still be there.
With our ammo (trading down to 14 should net us an additional third round pick) we can easily trade up from 20 and get two top players in the top 16 range (you can for exemple land a combination of Brown/Henderson, Henderson/Jeudy/Ruggs, Brown/WR or whatever).
We'd have enough capital to move up from 20 like I just said and then move up again from 42 to the last 1st round or top of the second. And enough ammo to trade up again from 73 to top 50-55. (we aren't drafting 13 players anyway).
That's all without taking into account picks from a potential Ngakoue trade.

So to sum it up: Okudah available: stay put. If they are really high on top 3 OT: stay put. Anything else: trade down and then move aggressively up multiple times in the first 2 rounds.

The one caveat I would have with this is San Francisco at 13 just traded DeForest Buckner.  If the receiver they want is off the board they could easily take Brown as a plug and play replacement for him, and he would thrive with all of the talent around him.

But even assuming the 49ers are inclined to trade down, who knows who would trade up to 13, and who knows who that team would target.

\But absolutely, unless we got an amazing offer, I wait to see who is there at 9 before moving back.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!