Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

(04-15-2020, 04:01 PM)PF* Wrote: Might have to draw the plays in the dirt for Jeudy.

Laughing

I think I remember reading once upon a time that Wonderlic scores rarely translate much for NFL positions, except in the case of QBs (Where they need to have a full grasp on an entire playbook and be able to read defenses and make protection calls.)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like we found our signature "bad medicals so drops" Jags pick

https://twitter.com/NotToBeTrite/status/...84865?s=19

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 04:21 PM by Upper.)

(04-15-2020, 04:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: Looks like we found our signature "bad medicals so drops" Jags pick

I was about to post this too. I'll take that gamble at 42 or a trade up from 42. Not at 20.

(04-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 04:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: Looks like we found our signature "bad medicals so drops" Jags pick

I was about to post this too. I'll take that gamble at 42.

Same, tons of red flags but those kinds of traits and upside are where you swing for. 

I think he goes round 1 still but we've seen those slides happen so often

(04-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Upper Wrote:

I was about to post this too. I'll take that gamble at 42 or a trade up from 42. Not at 20.

Yeah if he slides past 20 I see a team like the Pack taking the chance on him. From Vic's columns he believes they'd want DL but quality DL won't be available at 30 and has often said that. If Kinlaw is there, they'll take him.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 06:01 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/NotToBeTrite/status/...84865?s=19

Lol.

Random medical red flag a week before the draft. I remember Myles Jack being pissed when the same happened to him.  Now that I think about it....I wonder if it’s Dave starting these rumors...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-15-2020, 04:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 04:01 PM)PF* Wrote: Might have to draw the plays in the dirt for Jeudy.

Laughing

I think I remember reading once upon a time that Wonderlic scores rarely translate much for NFL positions, except in the case of QBs (Where they need to have a full grasp on an entire playbook and be able to read defenses and make protection calls.)
And Marino famously has a bad wonderlic.

Hell, I’ll take Jeudy’s dumb [BLEEP] at 20 any day. Welcome to Jacksonville buddy.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2020, 09:18 PM by Dimson.)

(04-15-2020, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 04:06 PM)Kane Wrote: Laughing

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeudy didn't even try. No one is going to draft him based on his Wonderlic score. They will focus more on his silky smooth routes.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And Marino famously has a bad wonderlic.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeudy didn't even try. No one is going to draft him based on his Wonderlic score. They will focus more on his silky smooth routes.

I really think a lot of them just don't give a crap about it. I really doubt they are that dumb.

(04-15-2020, 01:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 11:50 AM)Upper Wrote: 9 to 16 is a big drop. It better be for a 2nd and a 3rd, or a future 1st.

Using the trade value chart as a baseline, the 9th overall pick is worth 1350 points and the 16th overall pick is worth 1000 points. ATL’s 2nd would be more than enough to get it done with a value of 430 points.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Agreed. It's just like the deal we made with the Redskins to move up to get Gabbert. Should only take a 2nd RD pick. I wouldn't mind this trade from 9th to 16th for an additional 2nd round pick-up. Just depends on who is on the board at 9.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Oh yeah... forgot about that. 
For reference, AJ Green only scored a 10
Kelvin Benjamin got a 7.
All Pro Bobby Wagner scored an 8 just 1 better than QB turned WR Terrell Pryor.

For QBs reference....
P Manning got a 28 while Rodgers and Brady scored 35 and 33 respectively.
Patty Mahomes got a 24
While Blaine Gabbert got a 42.... so obviously, we messed up letting him go lol

It was actually his cocaine use in college that prevented the Steelers from taking him Sad

Steelers could have had Bradshaw, Marino, and Big Ben QBing the team over 40 of the past 50 years.  But then again, history would have changed and they may not have been drafting at #11 to enable them to select Big Ben (right after the Jags selected Reggie Williams at #9)

I'm just stoked for next weekend so we can complain about the picks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-16-2020, 09:31 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm just stoked for next weekend so we can complain about the picks.

Indeed. Will be a welcome break from all the other stuff that has been dominating life the past month or so.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 10:52 AM by knarnn.)

(04-16-2020, 09:31 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm just stoked for next weekend so we can complain about the picks.

And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Welcome to Duvalpride.com

https://twitter.com/phleaglesnation/stat...41891?s=21

Not sure how high they want to go but...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 11:03 AM by Kane.)

(04-16-2020, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote:

To get Lamb they'll need to be in the 9-12 range I'd guess.
If the Browns move OBJ they'll be in the market. The Jets could be too after letting Robby Anderson go in FA.
And I think the Raiders probably could be looking for WR help too.

To move from 21 up that high for a WR is expensive and silly imo. But hey... more power to em

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 11:05 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-16-2020, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote:

I would want their 21 this year and their first next year minimally to move down that far.

(04-16-2020, 11:02 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote: And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Welcome to Duvalpride.com

If the Browns move OBJ they'll be in the market. The Jets could be too after letting Robby Anderson go in FA.

To move from 21 up that high for a WR is expensive and silly imo. But hey... more power to em
Yep.

I would list Denver as another receiver hungry team in that range.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-16-2020, 11:02 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:51 AM)knarnn Wrote: And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Welcome to Duvalpride.com

Dave to Howie: We've got your back. No one is drafting Lamb above #9. To move up from #21, we'll need #21 + your 2nd rounder and next's year's second rounder, or we'll need your #21 plus next year's #1. What's it going to be to get your poor man's Julio? I think you guys are "just a player away. Do this and we'll celebrate together when Lamb is Super Bowl MVP."
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Caldwell just said there are four players at the top of this draft who, if they unexpectedly were on the board at 9, he wouldn't hesitate to draft them.

I wonder who those guys are.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!