Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandin Cooks to the Texans

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, essentially... Cooks and David Johnson for D-Hop then
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-09-2020, 08:01 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: So, essentially... Cooks and David Johnson for D-Hop then

That's very surface level, but Cooks is on a huge contract that massively overpays a concussed wide receiver and they gave up a 2nd for him in a deep WR class. From what Bill Barnwell wrote, O'Brien is in win-now mode and needed to have a surefire receiver with a compromised training camp looming.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I have zero idea what the Texans are doing.

Neither do they, it seems.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

They had to do something.. Unfortunately for them Brandin Cooks and D Hop are 2 totally different kinds of WR.. Cooks is more of a speedy deep threat where D Hop is more of a vertical jump ball guy. I think Watson will struggle without D Hop

(04-09-2020, 11:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:01 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: So, essentially... Cooks and David Johnson for D-Hop then

That's very surface level, but Cooks is on a huge contract that massively overpays a concussed wide receiver and they gave up a 2nd for him in a deep WR class. From what Bill Barnwell wrote, O'Brien is in win-now mode and needed to have a surefire receiver with a compromised training camp looming.

Yeah, O'Brien looking like the mad scientist right now, mixing and concocting. I'm just waiting for it to all blow up in his face
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Every Other Team In The AFC South right now in regards to Bill "Butthole Chin" O'Brien's moves:

[Image: CandidEachBream-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 09:37 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-10-2020, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Every Other Team In The AFC South right now in regards to Bill "Butthole Chin" O'Brien's moves:

Classic!

Love that movie...and the analogy!

There has been a litany of bad offseason moves by O'Brien for years.

They let Duane Brown walk, trades Jadeveon Clowney for a song, gets outmaneuvered by Philly in drafting Brown's replacement, forces their 1st round T pick on a small school guy who can't play LT at the current level, ends up trading first and second round picks to acquire LT Laremy Tunsil (and fail to sign him to a long term deal, meaning he could leave after this year) and Kenny Stills, has one of the top WRs in the game for his young franchise QB and trades him away for a washed up RB and a 2nd round pick, in part because he is missing the draft picks he spent on getting Tunsil and Stills, only to spend the 2nd on a small, concussion prone WR traded by 3 different teams in a five year career in an insanely deep WR class.

Is this a bit redundant for Fuller and to some extent Stills? Hopkins complimented them really well, but now they have a lot of the same type of weapon.

While d hop was the master of the push off, I think the Texans offense will be exposed without him taking coverage away from Fuller. Watson is about to have a rough year.

If only BB had some draft picks to select a punter
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-10-2020, 10:50 AM)rufftime Wrote: Is this a bit redundant for Fuller and to some extent Stills?  Hopkins complimented them really well, but now they have a lot of the same type of weapon.

4 verts!

(04-10-2020, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:50 AM)rufftime Wrote: Is this a bit redundant for Fuller and to some extent Stills?  Hopkins complimented them really well, but now they have a lot of the same type of weapon.

4 verts!

FedEx Watson some Warren Moon tape so he can learn how to operate the run and shoot!
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Do they have any draft picks left this year?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I want to laugh, but then I remember we have Tre Herndon lining up at #1 CB and no clue who at #2.

The only problem I have with this trade from the Jaguars perspective is that it helps out the Rams.

We need the Rams to suck bigly! That trade helps the Rams cap situation and gives them an extra second round pick.

(04-10-2020, 09:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 09:12 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Every Other Team In The AFC South right now in regards to Bill "Butthole Chin" O'Brien's moves:

Classic!

Love that movie...and the analogy!

There has been a litany of bad offseason moves by O'Brien for years.

They let Duane Brown walk, trades Jadeveon Clowney for a song, gets outmaneuvered by Philly in drafting Brown's replacement, forces their 1st round T pick on a small school guy who can't play LT at the current level, ends up trading first and second round picks to acquire LT Laremy Tunsil (and fail to sign him to a long term deal, meaning he could leave after this year) and Kenny Stills, has one of the top WRs in the game for his young franchise QB and trades him away for a washed up RB and a 2nd round pick, in part because he is missing the draft picks he spent on getting Tunsil and Stills, only to spend the 2nd on a small, concussion prone WR traded by 3 different teams in a five year career in an insanely deep WR class.

I mean, if you’re going to put that way, it’s not going well for them at all.  Laughing

(04-11-2020, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The only problem I have with this trade from the Jaguars perspective is that it helps out the Rams.

We need the Rams to suck bigly! That trade helps the Rams cap situation and gives them an extra second round pick.

I think the trade favors the Rams long term, but they get killed this year. Huge dead cap for Cooks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885...wns-record

Vast majority second round rookies aren't adding as much value as Cooks. This looks like an absolute win for the Jags in next years draft. Ram's just got even more strapped for cash and lose some talent this year.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 12:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-12-2020, 10:23 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The only problem I have with this trade from the Jaguars perspective is that it helps out the Rams.

We need the Rams to suck bigly!  That trade helps the Rams cap situation and gives them an extra second round pick.

I think the trade favors the Rams long term, but they get killed this year.  Huge dead cap for Cooks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885...wns-record

Vast majority second round rookies aren't adding as much value as Cooks.  This looks like an absolute win for the Jags in next years draft.  Ram's just got even more strapped for cash and lose some talent this year.

This, it helps us this year.  Cooks is still one of the best WRs in the league.  It helps the Rams long term but it makes them a worse team this year which is good for us as they lose a top 10 WR in the league when healthy

Yeah it hurts the Rams this year which is what we need. Spotrac's podcast right now is all about Rams and Texans and their cap situation. Right now after Crooks trade Rams are last in cap room in the league and are 6 million over after draft choices are factored in. So they still have to do some trimming.

And I keep waiting for the shoe to drop with Jalen, who is heading into last year of deal with no guarantees for future years.