Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts add new logo to their look, honor home state

Colts add new logo to their look, honor home state

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...home-state

The Colts are updating their look a bit, as Indianapolis is paying homage to Indiana with the addition of a second logo to honor their home state.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lame.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

If Ranch dressing were a logo, this would be it.

bleh

Why?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Looks like a 4 year old designed it.

I guess if I were born and raised in Indiana, maybe I'd dig it.
Otherwise... meh.

I'm sure non-Jags fans feel similarly about and Jags merch with "DUVAL" featured.

Imagine being a Colts fan.. wait.. imagine living in INDIANA. Boring state and boring football team, boring stadium, boring everything. Yuck

Doesn't look like Maryland to me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good grief.

1. It is awful. It's...I don't know...rough, it's displeasing...just yuk.

2. That video, with it's quick peek at Johnny Unitas and a black and white clip of the cheering Baltimore fans, is insulting to the fans whose team AND HISTORY were stolen from them. Indiana has no claim on the Unitas legacy. Shame on them.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 10:26 PM by ArtieZiff.)

(04-17-2020, 07:58 PM)PF* Wrote: Good grief.

2. That video, with it's quick peek at Johnny Unitas and a black and white clip of the cheering Baltimore fans, is insulting to the fans whose team AND HISTORY were stolen from them. Indiana has no claim on the Unitas legacy. Shame on them.

Stolen from them???
Who (tried) to steal what.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoda...mp/7053553

"The city of Baltimore and Maryland Legislature sought to take the Colts away from Bob Irsay by using eminent domain. That really called the question for Mr. Irsay. He had to get out of Maryland or they were going to take the franchise away from him.

The city of Baltimore had promised not to use eminent domain, then they broke that promise by trying to get a bill through the legislature in expedited form in a timetable so they could take it away from him."

I didn't know that, thanks for posting it. Looks like the city was trying to protect its interests, both their own economic ones and their fans' emotional ones. This was probably a last ditch effort to keep them there.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-18-2020, 08:18 AM)PF* Wrote: I didn't know that, thanks for posting it. Looks like the city was trying to protect its interests, both their own economic ones and their fans' emotional ones. This was probably a last ditch effort to keep them there.

No problem.
A lot of people aren't aware of what really went down.

(04-18-2020, 03:22 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 08:18 AM)PF* Wrote: I didn't know that, thanks for posting it. Looks like the city was trying to protect its interests, both their own economic ones and their fans' emotional ones. This was probably a last ditch effort to keep them there.

No problem.
A lot of people aren't aware of what really went down.

Well actually, the Colts were originally the Dallas Texans.

Quote:"The Colts originated from the dissolved Dallas Texans NFL team in 1953. There had been two professional football teams with the name Baltimore Colts before 1953, and continued fan support in the Baltimore area led the NFL to approve the purchase and relocation of the defunct Texans by the Baltimore-based owners."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Indianapolis-Colts

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 12:16 PM by mikesez.)

(04-17-2020, 10:24 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 07:58 PM)PF* Wrote: Good grief.

Stolen from them???

"The city of Baltimore and Maryland Legislature sought to take the Colts away from Bob Irsay by using eminent domain. That really called the question for Mr. Irsay. He had to get out of Maryland or they were going to take the franchise away from him.

The city of Baltimore had promised not to use eminent domain, then they broke that promise by trying to get a bill through the legislature in expedited form in a timetable so they could take it away from him."

Eminent domain isn't stealing.
But this would have been a terrible use of imminent domain.

Problem #1 is that taxes paid by residents in general shouldn't subsidize sports.  Tourism taxes, sure.  Special tax districts near the stadium, sure.  Parking fees and ticket surcharges, yes and yes.  But sales tax? No. Income tax? No. City or countywide property taxes? No and hell no.

Indianapolis paid some of the costs of their two stadiums ethically, but a lot of the money just came out of the state and local treasury.  No bueno.  Jacksonville does the same thing, of course, and tried to steal the colts in 1984 too. This is on us too.

So, if one city is already going beyond what a city should ethically do, trying to steal a team, I think we shouldn't complain when the other city also violates norms of ethical behavior and tries to use eminent domain.

That said, it's a non-starter because the league gets to vote on changes of ownership and would never approve a government as a team owner. So the city would basically get a franchise that's not allowed to compete.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-22-2020, 12:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:24 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote: Stolen from them???

Eminent domain isn't stealing.
But this would have been a terrible use of imminent domain.

Problem #1 is that taxes paid by residents in general shouldn't subsidize sports.  Tourism taxes, sure.  Special tax districts near the stadium, sure.  Parking fees and ticket surcharges, yes and yes.  But sales tax? No. Income tax? No. City or countywide property taxes? No and hell no.

Indianapolis paid some of the costs of their two stadiums ethically, but a lot of the money just came out of the state and local treasury.  No bueno.  Jacksonville does the same thing, of course, and tried to steal the colts in 1984 too.  This is on us too.

So, if one city is already going beyond what a city should ethically do, trying to steal a team, I think we shouldn't complain when the other city also violates norms of ethical behavior and tries to use eminent domain.

That said, it's a non-starter because the league gets to vote on changes of ownership and would never approve a government as a team owner. So the city would basically get a franchise that's not allowed to compete.

Yes it is.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.