Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jefferson > Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 11:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-18-2020, 10:46 PM)JNev Wrote: Shenault is pretty good though guys. I really hope no one is selling him short. The guy gets 4 yards after initial contact each time he gets a catch it’s amazing. Not knocking Jefferson at all, I love the Eagles fans tears about taking Reagor over him hahaha

Oh I like Shenault but they are 2 totally different players.  JJ is having a historical start for a rookie WR..  For Shenault you have to get creative and find different ways to get him the ball and he'll beat you with his strength and tackle breaking ability.  JJ you just line up inside or outside and he kills you with his route running, speed, and sticky hands

Shenault will definitely get better at routes and he will be even more dangerous

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shenault gonna be like a Percy Harvin. Bust. Should have draft justin Jefferson cus chaisson is doing nothing out there.

Jefferson is a monster.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2020, 06:36 AM by TheDogCatcher.)

(10-22-2020, 08:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Jefferson is a monster.

You gotta give mad props to the OP on this one. Guy has an eye for talent. Maybe he deserves a GM interview.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(12-04-2020, 06:35 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 08:06 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Jefferson is a monster.

You gotta give mad props to the OP on this one. Guy has an eye for talent. Maybe he deserves a GM interview.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...f=1&nofb=1]

Whats funny is how Dave had Chaisson as a better player than JJ lol. Reminds me of when Dave took Yeldon in the 2nd lol

So silly. We need at least another year to judge this. Neither Chaisson or Shenault were considered finished products by anyone. Just because Jefferson has more polish right now doesn't mean that he will definitely be the better player in 2-3 seasons.

If anything with the Jag's offensive line and QB play, most on the board would probably be labelling him a bust here. Don't forget that the Vikings have Dalvin Cook, forcing teams to load the box on them; and allowing Jefferson more room to run.

(12-05-2020, 08:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So silly. We need at least another year to judge this. Neither Chaisson or Shenault were considered finished products by anyone. Just because Jefferson has more polish right now doesn't mean that he will definitely be the better player in 2-3 seasons.

If anything with the Jag's offensive line and QB play, most on the board would probably be labelling him a bust here. Don't forget that the Vikings have Dalvin Cook, forcing teams to load the box on them; and allowing Jefferson more room to run.

That is why Caldwell is gone. You don't spend high round picks on projects. You use those picks on NFL ready players. You save your late round picks for unfinished guys with a lot of potential. The high round picks are for players you intend to start right away. Why would you start an unfinished player, especially when your job is on the line? That makes no sense! Caldwell's decisions made no sense!

(12-05-2020, 08:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So silly. We need at least another year to judge this. Neither Chaisson or Shenault were considered finished products by anyone. Just because Jefferson has more polish right now doesn't mean that he will definitely be the better player in 2-3 seasons.

I mean, Jefferson has been already a top 5 WR so far. He had a ton of polish and a ton of upside and he's already showing it.

(12-05-2020, 08:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

That is why Caldwell is gone. You don't spend high round picks on projects. You use those picks on NFL ready players. You save your late round picks for unfinished guys with a lot of potential. The high round picks are for players you intend to start right away. Why would you start an unfinished player, especially when your job is on the line? That makes no sense! Caldwell's decisions made no sense!

None of Caldwell's decisions in the off season made sense if his plan was to short term "fudge the record" and keep his job. But I give him credit because most were the correct decision for the long term outlook of the franchise, and they make the next guys job easier to rebuild.

But to argue that no one takes "projects" for mid-round 1st round picks and 2nd round picks is false. Teams do it all the time. It's not like mid 1st round picks and 2nd picks always pan out. I would be stunned if they hit even 40% of the time.

(12-05-2020, 08:58 PM)Upper Wrote:

I mean, Jefferson has been already a top 5 WR so far. He had a ton of polish and a ton of upside and he's already showing it.

Wow he is a Top 5 WR? So could he carry an offense without Dalvin Cook and Adam Theilen and without a Kubiak schemed offense?  Is he even top 5 in any receiving category other than yards/catch or yards/ target?

He is definitely having a very good rookie season, and outplaying his rookie peers. But lots of very good and average players have single great seasons. Acting like the Jags missed out on star is a bit premature.

I could see this argument for DK Metcalf right now, but not J Jefferson.

(12-05-2020, 09:00 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 08:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That is why Caldwell is gone. You don't spend high round picks on projects. You use those picks on NFL ready players. You save your late round picks for unfinished guys with a lot of potential. The high round picks are for players you intend to start right away. Why would you start an unfinished player, especially when your job is on the line? That makes no sense! Caldwell's decisions made no sense!

None of Caldwell's decisions in the off season made sense if his plan was to short term "fudge the record" and keep his job. But I give him credit because most were the correct decision for the long term outlook of the franchise, and they make the next guys job easier to rebuild.

But to argue that no one takes "projects" for mid-round 1st round picks and 2nd round picks is false. Teams do it all the time. It's not like mid 1st round picks and 2nd picks always pan out. I would be stunned if they hit even 40% of the time.

I know team's do it. It's just stupid and makes no sense.

(12-05-2020, 08:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Wrong.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020, 01:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

When Stingy was 1 on 1 with Smith yesterday Smith was 6/6 277 yards and 3 TDs lol

I even said last year Smith was Alabama best WR. He was better than Jeudy last year

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020, 01:45 PM by Upper.)

(12-06-2020, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: When Stingy was 1 on 1 with Smith yesterday Smith was 6/6 277 yards and 3 TDs lol

I even said last year Smith was Alabama best WR. He was better than Jeudy last year

Smith should win the heisman to be honest. It's unfortunate that it's simply the best QB and occasionally RB award now.

(12-04-2020, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Whats funny is how Dave had Chaisson as a better player than JJ lol.  Reminds me of when Dave took Yeldon in the 2nd lol

How's JJ at rushing the passer?

@@

(12-07-2020, 11:05 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Whats funny is how Dave had Chaisson as a better player than JJ lol.  Reminds me of when Dave took Yeldon in the 2nd lol

How's JJ at rushing the passer?

@@

Probably no worse than Chaisson has been.  What does that have to do with anything though?  Are you saying he went with need instead of the BPA?  Thats another problem

(12-07-2020, 11:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 11:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: How's JJ at rushing the passer?

@@

Probably no worse than Chaisson has been.  What does that have to do with anything though?  Are you saying he went with need instead of the BPA?  Thats another problem

Just to put this in perspective. While Watt started every game as a rookie, he did not bust out until the playoff game.

True Chaison hasn't even started every game, but at this point I have to blame coaches and scheme for not finding a way to get him on the field to at least get reps and improve.

(12-07-2020, 12:23 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 11:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Probably no worse than Chaisson has been.  What does that have to do with anything though?  Are you saying he went with need instead of the BPA?  Thats another problem

Just to put this in perspective. While Watt started every game as a rookie, he did not bust out until the playoff game.

True Chaison hasn't even started every game, but at this point I have to blame coaches and scheme for not finding a way to get him on the field to at least get reps and improve.
I was talking about Justin Jefferson not Watt lol

(12-07-2020, 11:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 11:05 AM)Mikey Wrote: How's JJ at rushing the passer?

@@

Dave was notoriously a hole-plugger. We all new Yan was out the door, and Dave invested in an insurance plan rather than take the top players left on the board.

I apologize if the sarcasm tags (@@) were not obvious enough.