Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gronk to Tampa Bay

(04-21-2020, 06:36 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Interesting that Gronk only came back because of Brady not being on the Patriots. Also, Brady seemed ready to leave. Wonder if the Belichick/Coughlin type coaches are going to become a thing of the past.

Absolutely they will, times have changed, everything is watered down and softer, per say. Guys like Bill and Tom took the military style approach, and guys just don't really want to deal with that as pros, even if it means success.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 09:16 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-26-2020, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 12:01 PM)Rico Wrote: Can't say I understand what Kurt Warner has to do with this.

Check the circumstances of his last Super Bowl trip. Very similar to what is happening in Tampa.

Well, other than the fact that he played the prior three years for the same team, plays indoors, and was younger than Brady.  Very similar.   Confused
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-21-2020, 11:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I see it as a good move for the Bucs.  He'll only turn 31 next month, he's a nightmare to defend and he's got a 9 year history with Brady.  This immediately brings a new dimension to the Tampa Bay offense.

I'm not so sure it's about winning, at least not solely. I think the Bucs front office saw the signing of Brady and Gronk as a revenue source. In that sense, it's smart. The money those two will bring to the franchise will far eclipse the money they're paying them. Though the fly in the ointment may be COVID-19. That money will be down if there's no fans in the stands.

(05-21-2020, 03:47 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 11:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I see it as a good move for the Bucs.  He'll only turn 31 next month, he's a nightmare to defend and he's got a 9 year history with Brady.  This immediately brings a new dimension to the Tampa Bay offense.

I'm not so sure it's about winning, at least not solely. I think the Bucs front office saw the signing of Brady and Gronk as a revenue source.
In that sense, it's smart. The money those two will bring to the franchise will far eclipse the money they're paying them. Though the fly in the ointment may be COVID-19. That money will be down if there's no fans in the stands.
Agreed. 
I've been to a Rays/Red Sox game at the Trop before and there were more Sox fans there than Rays fans. 
Tons of New England transplants all along the gulf coast around Tampa and reaching south. 
Had to be a big factor in this move.

(04-25-2020, 12:11 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Nobody wants to play for Belichick. He is a dictator. The Bill Parcells way doesn’t fly in today’s NFL.

In what way is Belichick that unbearable?  Are the players of today such snowflakes that "Shut up and do your job" (for which you're being paid millions of dollars) is really such an insult?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-22-2020, 12:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:11 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Nobody wants to play for Belichick. He is a dictator. The Bill Parcells way doesn’t fly in today’s NFL.

In what way is Belichick that unbearable?  Are the players of today such snowflakes that "Shut up and do your job" (for which you're being paid millions of dollars) is really such an insult?

Yep, just look at Ramsey and Ngakoue.

Ngakoue probably just felt disrespected because Coughlin told him he isn't an elite pass rusher and that he was average vs the run (both true) and that was his best offer for what he is.

It is BS though, a lot of players die to play for BB, how many average players turned into good players with him? I am sure he isn't the nicest guy to be around, he might be cold and blah blah but he is a winner and the best HC ever.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

He says that he is three or four protein shakes back to his playing weight. But to get back to BB, he may not be the nicest but he is a winner and the best HC ever.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(04-21-2020, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yep, TB gonna win the SB

Welp

Good for you. You want a cookie?

(02-08-2021, 08:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good for you.  You want a cookie?

Naw, it was to easy

(02-08-2021, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good for you.  You want a cookie?

Naw, it was to easy

Why don't you start posting your crappy takes?  

It's sad people have to go back and search for their 'accomplishments' to make themselves feel better.

Look at me...look at me...me am smart.

Give that man some credit

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 09:25 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-22-2020, 08:07 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I just don't have a lot of confidence in Brady in the FL heat.  He's never been good in away games in FL.  Not to mention the fact that he'll be 43 when the season starts AND he'll be playing in the FL heat..  

I'm really curious to see how this goes.

Welp, Brady gets the SB MVP. Yeah the FL heat was so much for Brady

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 09:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-08-2021, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:07 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I just don't have a lot of confidence in Brady in the FL heat.  He's never been good in away games in FL.  Not to mention the fact that he'll be 43 when the season starts AND he'll be playing in the FL heat..  

Welp, Brady gets the SB MVP.   Yeah the FL heat was so much for Brady

LOL. There is recognizing Bradys greatness and there is going out of your way to dig up posts to prove your point. What is this "I told you so" really accomplishing? Brady has enough fans to defend him.  Do we really need Jag fans doing it?

PS. Brady did not deserve that MVP and anyone watching knows it.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 09:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-08-2021, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Welp, Brady gets the SB MVP.   Yeah the FL heat was so much for Brady

LOL. There is recognizing Bradys greatness and there is going out of your way to dig up posts to prove your point. What is this "I told you so" really accomplishing? Brady has enough fans to defend him.  Do we really need Jag fans doing it?

Lol, you say recognizing greatness yet you said he sucks and Winston is better, a guy that threw 30 picks and is a 3rd string QB on another team.  Cmon man. Bucs would of missed the playoffs if Winston was their QB

(02-08-2021, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Welp, Brady gets the SB MVP.   Yeah the FL heat was so much for Brady

@....but how do you give a head coach the SB MVP trophy?@

(02-08-2021, 08:38 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, it was to easy

Why don't you start posting your crappy takes?  

It's sad people have to go back and search for their 'accomplishments' to make themselves feel better.

Look at me...look at me...me am smart.

I don't mind it.  Because I do it, too!

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 09:51 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-08-2021, 09:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 09:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: LOL. There is recognizing Bradys greatness and there is going out of your way to dig up posts to prove your point. What is this "I told you so" really accomplishing? Brady has enough fans to defend him.  Do we really need Jag fans doing it?

Lol, you say recognizing greatness yet you said he sucks and Winston is better, a guy that threw 30 picks and is a 3rd string QB on another team.  Cmon man.  Bucs would of missed the playoffs if Winston was their QB

Not once did I say TB sucks. I simply said he has been the benefactor of every thing that could possibly go right. Every 50/50 situation has gone his way 90% of the time.  I simply pointed out that he has never played on a team with a bad defense. Good for him.

Tom Brady is like the jock in school who teams up with the smart kids on class projects, then takes credit for the A.

(02-08-2021, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Welp, Brady gets the SB MVP.   Yeah the FL heat was so much for Brady

What a gift.  He deserved MVP about as much as my left nut.  Barrett was the MVP if anybody.  That was a TEAM game.  That was as big of a gift as when they GAVE it to Manning when both Colts RBs had over a 100 yards each.

You know, they put things together in the second half of the season when...you know...it gets cooler.  They LOST three straight home games early and were only 7-5.  But I know that's hard for you to figure out.  

And, I'm not seeing what my post has to do with anything.  I can count the number of times I dredged through posts to find something that I've said on zero hands.  Because, it's never happened. 

We're talking about you going back through posts so you can kiss your own [BLEEP] and make yourself feel special.

(02-08-2021, 09:55 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

What a gift.  He deserved MVP about as much as my left nut.  Barrett was the MVP if anybody.  That was a TEAM game.  That was as big of a gift as when they GAVE it to Manning when both Colts RBs had over a 100 yards each.

You know, they put things together in the second half of the season when...you know...it gets cooler.  They LOST three straight home games early and were only 7-5.  But I know that's hard for you to figure out.  

And, I'm not seeing what my post has to do with anything.  I can count the number of times I dredged through posts to find something that I've said on zero hands.  Because, it's never happened. 

We're talking about you going back through posts so you can kiss your own [BLEEP] and make yourself feel special.

I didnt even post on your bad take until you stated crying about it lol.