Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone Else Getting This Feeling?

Don't get that feeling at all...if anything the moves make me feel like we are tanking to set up for Lawerence/Fields next year if Minshew fails.

I think this draft is going to be a lot more Offensive heavy than people think. Instead of the assumed DT/CB/S in the 1st 3 picks I think it's going to be OT/WR/RB.

Thinking Thomas or Wirfs....Jefferson or 1 of the big 3 if they slide...and then Swift or Akers in the early 2nd. 3rd rounder will probably be used on TE.

I think they are going to try and stack the offense as best they can and see how Minshew does...and if he flounders the Offense will be ready made for a Rookie next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-22-2020, 11:38 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Don't get that feeling at all...if anything the moves make me feel like we are tanking to set up for Lawerence/Fields next year if Minshew fails.

I think this draft is going to be a lot more Offensive heavy than people think.  Instead of the assumed DT/CB/S in the 1st 3 picks I think it's going to be OT/WR/RB.

Thinking Thomas or Wirfs....Jefferson or 1 of the big 3 if they slide...and then Swift or Akers in the early 2nd.  3rd rounder will probably be used on TE.

I think they are going to try and stack the offense as best they can and see how Minshew does...and if he flounders the Offense will be ready made for a Rookie next year.
I think you’re right with the first two but not 2nd rounder. I think they go CB in round 2 and RB round 3 or later.

(04-22-2020, 11:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 11:38 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Don't get that feeling at all...if anything the moves make me feel like we are tanking to set up for Lawerence/Fields next year if Minshew fails.

I think this draft is going to be a lot more Offensive heavy than people think.  Instead of the assumed DT/CB/S in the 1st 3 picks I think it's going to be OT/WR/RB.

Thinking Thomas or Wirfs....Jefferson or 1 of the big 3 if they slide...and then Swift or Akers in the early 2nd.  3rd rounder will probably be used on TE.

I think you’re right with the first two but not 2nd rounder. I think they go CB in round 2 and RB round 3 or later.
You are probably correct that the 2nd might be for a CB/S that has good value.  My thought process was just if Swift is there I think they would jump on him.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 04:47 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-22-2020, 07:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I really wouldn’t be surprised because it’s the only position that hasn’t really been touched.

My gut tells me if Tua is there, he’s the pick but I don’t feel that way about Herbert. I think the Jags are looking for an immediate impact player which leads me to believe its Derrick Brown or an OLine like Wirfs or Thomas. Becton is a project.

Unless the team is absolutely blown away with a trade offer beforehand, the Jaguars will wait to see who is on the board.

Tua is one of the guys for whom the team would stay at 9 and pick.  Though it would come with less enthusiasm than normal because of Minshew's popularity here and his injury history, I would absolutely applaud the move.

Not that I am hyper connected or anything, but I have not heard of anyone on any board or in any conversation that likes Herbert.  If the team took him at 9, it would have the polar opposite reaction that the Blackmon pick had.

(04-22-2020, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tua at 9. Kinlaw at 20. Aiyuk/Raegor/Shenault at 42?

Swing for the fences.

Yes please!

(04-22-2020, 09:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tua at 9. Kinlaw at 20. Aiyuk/Raegor/Shenault at 42?

Swing for the fences
I would rather get a non QB at 9 and draft a QB in the later rounds. Now next year, if Minshew doesn't produce, then go for it. Get your QB in round 1.

Though I would take Tua if he fell to 9, I can also endorse your approach.

The reason why I wouldn't would be the uncertainty regarding the season-both pro and college.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-22-2020, 11:11 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:12 AM)Kane Wrote: But we know that won't happen. You take a QB top ten, he's playing sooner rather than later.
If Minshew starts and goes 1-3 or 2-4 to start the season, everyone is clamoring for Tua... and Doug is probably making the switch by the BYE week at the least.

I don't know where this notion comes from.  It always depends on the situation.  Always.  I can think of five right off the bat in the last four years that didn't start the season...and were drafted top ten.  Mahomes drafted 10 played one game his rookie year.  Hell, Goff was drafted #1 in 2016 and didn't start the year.

And you're just throwing darts with your second statement.  You play the rookie when he's ready.  How do you know anybody is clamoring for him?  Half of the fans are going to be pissed because they drafted a QB to begin with and didn't give Minshew a chance.

Exactamundo!

(04-22-2020, 08:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Beyond Burrow, I am not sold on Tua or Herbert.  Tua is good, but just too fragile.  Herbert is erratic with the ball.   I hope he does not pull a "Gabbert-like" surprise on us.

Herbert has Gabbert written all over him imo.

Herbert has accuracy issues that are going to expose him in the NFL.

Living in Washington State, I got to see plenty of Oregon games. Herbert will make a couple wow throws per game (due mostly to his arm strength), but follow them up with a string of terrible throws/decisions. I think his career is going to be just like Gabbert's. A bust as an early highly drafted QB, but he'll develop enough in years to come and be able to hang around the league as a back up, much like Gabbert.

I don't want Tua either. Too fragile like you said, but I think this season is going to basically be a redshirt season for him regardless. He also had zero zip on his throws during his "pro day" video he put out. Maybe that has to do with him not being fully healed yet, but I'd rather give Minshew all chances to succeed or fail this year and readdress the QB situation in next year's draft, if need be.

I think it could be Tua. The year we drafted Bottles, it was a surprise.

If we draft him, I think Minshew still gets the nod and let’s do this the right way.

(04-22-2020, 05:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Beyond Burrow, I am not sold on Tua or Herbert.  Tua is good, but just too fragile.  Herbert is erratic with the ball.   I hope he does not pull a "Gabbert-like" surprise on us.

Herbert has Gabbert written all over him imo.

Herbert has accuracy issues that are going to expose him in the NFL.

Living in Washington State, I got to see plenty of Oregon games. Herbert will make a couple wow throws per game (due mostly to his arm strength), but follow them up with a string of terrible throws/decisions. I think his career is going to be just like Gabbert's. A bust as an early highly drafted QB, but he'll develop enough in years to come and be able to hang around the league as a back up, much like Gabbert.

I don't want Tua either. Too fragile like you said, but I think this season is going to basically be a redshirt season for him regardless. He also had zero zip on his throws during his "pro day" video he put out. Maybe that has to do with him not being fully healed yet, but I'd rather give Minshew all chances to succeed or fail this year and readdress the QB situation in next year's draft, if need be.

I get the sense that Herbert absolutely needs to go to the right team, more than any of the guys projected to go in the first round.

I think Tampa would be the right team for him.

Arians is a very good QB friendly coach, and has worked with bigger QBs throughout his career.

He would be able to sit and learn behind Brady for a couple of years and work on his deficiencies.

Baring unforseeen departures, he should have weapons to work with.

Now my caveat here is that Arians should last more than a couple of more years there.   But I think Tampa would represent possibly the best fit for Herbert.

If he goes anywhere else, I think he is a huge bust.

No, I dont get that feeling

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:36 PM by anonymous2112.)

(04-22-2020, 09:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: I would rather get a non QB at 9 and draft a QB in the later rounds. Now next year, if Minshew doesn't produce, then go for it. Get your QB in round 1.

While I understand wanting to wait and see what Minshew can do, that's also the thought process that made us pass on Roethlisberger and Rodgers.

If Tua falls to us, and we think he's gonna be great, we don't wait a year.  We take him.  He won't be there next year.

Edit: Luckily for our stress level, he won't be there at 9.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:40 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-22-2020, 07:35 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 09:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: I would rather get a non QB at 9 and draft a QB in the later rounds. Now next year, if Minshew doesn't produce, then go for it. Get your QB in round 1.

While I understand wanting to wait and see what Minshew can do, that's also the thought process that made us pass on Roethlisberger and Rodgers.

If Tua falls to us, and we think he's gonna be great, we don't wait a year.  We take him.  He won't be there next year.

Edit:  Luckily for our stress level, he won't be there at 9.

(emphasis added)

Not only that, but who knows what will happen next year?

How will the season play out-pro and college?

Will Lawrence and Fields stay in school?

How will draft order be determined?

As for whether Tua will be there at 9, they just said on NFL Network that Miami has passed Tua physically.