Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hays Carylon's Final 7 round Jags Mock

I'm lkinda lukewarm about the first two picks, but he does pretty well after that.

https://www.1010xl.com/2020/04/22/hays-c...nd-trades/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like CeeDee at 9. But I don’t like OT at 20.

It's a solid draft. Love the Gibson pick, the rest is solid B work.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 05:50 PM by RicoTx.)

Meh.

These guys are thowing [BLEEP] darts at this pint.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-22-2020, 05:49 PM)Rico Wrote: Meh.

These guys are thowing [BLEEP] darts at this pint.

Was that on purpose, or Freudian slip?

Tongue

I’m probably in the minority but I really like this draft. 2 receivers out the first 3 meh however Chark, Lamb, Westbrook and Reagor plenty of options for Minshew. Throw in Conley, Gibson, Oliver and a healthy Eifert. By the end of the year the offense should be vastly improved. Also adding potential starters on defense in Dantzler and Foku. Other pics seem to be solid and address needed depth. Headed in the right direction for 2021!

I like what I have heard about Morgan. No way does he make it to the 7th round though.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Ugh! I'm only taking a WR at #9 if all my other guys are off the board, (Okudah, Brown, Wirfs and Thomas.)

I don't like Austin Jackson as a first round pick. This would be a reach. In USC's bowl game, Jackson absolutely got destroyed by A.J. Epenesa. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

Why in God's name would we take another WR, if we already took Lamb in round 1? Especially a guy like Reagor with suspect hands and a much slower than expected 40 time. This makes no sense.

Cameron Dantzler runs like he's wearing cement shoes. His 40 time at the Combine was awful. 4.64/40 is like a typical Safety time. Dantzler may need to move to FS, where he isn't matched up on faster receivers who would blow right by him.

I actually like the Antonio Gibson pick. Finally, someone useful.

I like Fotu as a run stuffing NT, but i take him off the field on passing downs, because he is more of a "one trick pony" who offers little pass rush at all. When it comes to run stuffing though, he is excellent, so I'm fine with this pick.

I'm not sold on Anfernee Jennings. I just don't see him as a good 4-3 DE. He is tailor-made to be a 3-4 OLB. If we played him exclusively at that position, sometimes mixing him in as a blitzing SLB, I'd be o.k. with the pick though. I just wouldn't want him as a 4-3 DE.

No, on Metellus. I don't think he'd even make the roster. He lacks physicality and I saw him get absolutely torched on multiple occasions in 2019, where he appeared completely out of position. He would be late coming over to help out the CB or tripping over his own feet. I'm not a fan of Jarrod Wilson at all, but if we drafted Metellus, I bet his starting job would be pretty safe.

I like Kindley a lot and believe he will be taken much higher. With that said, I'd be O.K. with the pick, but I prefer an OG who has experience at LT as well. I believe a big part of our woes on the O-Line is a complete lack of versatility. We either draft RT's only or OG's who have never played OT. Then when we have an injury at the LT position, we are forced to play some bum like Cedric Ogbuehi or Ereck Flowers. IMO, the perfect candidate for the OG position is Jon Runyan Jr. of Michigan. He was the Wolverines starting LT and even stuffed Chase Young in their game against OSU, where Young was held to all zeros on the stat sheet. As good as we was in that game at LT, Runyan projects best inside to OG. He is technically very sound and his dad was a very good Pro Bowl NFL OT as well, so he has a proven pedigree and can play LT when needed.

I love the James Morgan selection. I actually prefer him to Jordan Love, Jalen Hurts and Jacob Eason. He seems very poised in the pocket, shows good accuracy and throws a nice, catchable pass.

(04-23-2020, 12:33 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ugh! I'm only taking a WR at #9 if all my other guys are off the board, (Okudah, Brown, Wirfs and Thomas.)

I don't like Austin Jackson as a first round pick. This would be a reach. In USC's bowl game, Jackson absolutely got destroyed by A.J. Epenesa. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

Why in God's name would we take another WR, if we already took Lamb in round 1? Especially a guy like Reagor with suspect hands and a much slower than expected 40 time. This makes no sense.

Cameron Dantzler runs like he's wearing cement shoes. His 40 time at the Combine was awful. 4.64/40 is like a typical Safety time. Dantzler may need to move to FS, where he isn't matched up on faster receivers who would blow right by him.

I actually like the Antonio Gibson pick. Finally, someone useful.

I like Fotu as a run stuffing NT, but i take him off the field on passing downs, because he is more of a "one trick pony" who offers little pass rush at all. When it comes to run stuffing though, he is excellent, so I'm fine with this pick.

I'm not sold on Anfernee Jennings. I just don't see him as a good 4-3 DE. He is tailor-made to be a 3-4 OLB. If we played him exclusively at that position, sometimes mixing him in as a blitzing SLB, I'd be o.k. with the pick though. I just wouldn't want him as a 4-3 DE.

No, on Metellus. I don't think he'd even make the roster. He lacks physicality and I saw him get absolutely torched on multiple occasions in 2019, where he appeared completely out of position. He would be late coming over to help out the CB or tripping over his own feet. I'm not a fan of Jarrod Wilson at all, but if we drafted Metellus, I bet his starting job would be pretty safe.

I like Kindley a lot and believe he will be taken much higher. With that said, I'd be O.K. with the pick, but I prefer an OG who has experience at LT as well. I believe a big part of our woes on the O-Line is a complete lack of versatility. We either draft RT's only or OG's who have never played OT. Then when we have an injury at the LT position, we are forced to play some bum like Cedric Ogbuehi or Ereck Flowers. IMO, the perfect candidate for the OG position is Jon Runyan Jr. of Michigan. He was the Wolverines starting LT and even stuffed Chase Young in their game against OSU, where Young was held to all zeros on the stat sheet. As good as we was in that game at LT, Runyan projects best inside to OG. He is technically very sound and his dad was a very good Pro Bowl NFL OT as well, so he has a proven pedigree and can play LT when needed.

I love the James Morgan selection. I actually prefer him to Jordan Love, Jalen Hurts and Jacob Eason. He seems very poised in the pocket, shows good accuracy and throws a nice, catchable pass.

I saw Jackson's bowl game aainst Epenesa and it was an unmitigated disaster, and that game got me off of him.  I recently heard before the season, he donated bone marrow to his sister, and that may have had an adverse impact on his strength.  I don't know enough about the procedure to know what impact it might have on a tackle's functional strength.  My only frame of reference is the Patriots drafted a guy in the early 190s, a DE/OLB named Singleton, who donated bone marrow to his twin, and he didn't do much as I recall.  Was it the result of the transplant?  Who knows?  Maybe in an NFL weight room, being a year or so removed, he can improve.  But if that Iowa game is his ceiling, I want nothing to do with him.

I would take another WR for several reasons.

1.  I am not crazy about Lamb.
2.  We need more than one WR.
3.  The WR class is so deep, it would be silly not to take advantage of it.  It's possible a WR could be BPA in any given round from rounds 1-4.
4.  We have multiple picks to exploit the depth.
5.  We have a QB we are trying to evaluate. We need to give him top notch weapons.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!