Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daniel Jeremiah's Last Mock

Watching on NFL Network now.

He has us trading down to Atlanta's spot at 16.  Atlanta took Derrick Brown with the #9, and we would take Javon Kinlaw at 16.

He didn't get into the compensation for the trade, but I assume it was for Atlanta's 3rd round pick, because he spoke of Atlanta using their 2nd on the LSU RB to finish out the Tampa offense (he had them taking Jeudy at 14, which would be a sick offense if Brady has anything left).

As for pick 20, he has us taking K'Lavon Chaisson, the edge rusher out of LSU.  I would not like that pick.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like DJ but I don't like this draft.

I would have gone Brown and trade up for Henderson.

I have no problem moving to 16 from 9 but it has to cost a second imo. 3rd isn’t enough

Looking back in 2018. Bills moved up from 12 to 7 and it cost them TWO second round picks, though Cards moved from 15 to 10 and cost a 3rd and 5th

a 3rd? Damn that's lame. Kinlaw + a 2nd seems worth it to give up Brown though

(04-22-2020, 09:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I like DJ but I don't like this draft.

This

If Brown is on the board, my guess is we would take him unless blown away by a trade. The rumors were Dave has a top 4. Thinking Brown is one of those four. Dont think we'd trade down if any available.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 10:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like this draft better although I would take Winfield with that 3rd pick

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...n-round-1/

(04-22-2020, 09:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Watching on NFL Network now.

He has us trading down to Atlanta's spot at 16.  Atlanta took Derrick Brown with the #9, and we would take Javon Kinlaw at 16.

He didn't get into the compensation for the trade, but I assume it was for Atlanta's 3rd round pick, because he spoke of Atlanta using their 2nd on the LSU RB to finish out the Tampa offense (he had them taking Jeudy at 14, which would be a sick offense if Brady has anything left).

As for pick 20, he has us taking K'Lavon Chaisson, the edge rusher out of LSU.  I would not like that pick.

Rather than try to figure out Move the Sticks, I'll just rank some players in the order of IF each is available at #9

1. Isaiah Simmons - We need superior LB talent. Simmons is both inside and outside talent. He was the "Telvin Smith" of Clemson's defense
2. Derrick Brown - Pro Bowl talent. Might NOT be the interior run-stuffer we need. He moves laterally a lot. In the pros you must be a forklift.
3. Jeff Okudah - Not a late climber, but did NOT initially cast as a elite CB in this draft either. Kind of cautious about post-Combine grade bumps.
4. Andrew Thomas - Superior offensive tackle. Does everything well. Pro Bowl level. A ten to twelve year plug and play guy. 

DARK HORSE: OT Jedrick Wills. Somebody stated he did NOT give up a single QB sack in his Alabama career. Also, a RT, but NOT RT-only. Remember the Bama QB was left-handed which made Wills the blind-side pass protector, similar to when Leon Searcy was brought in to protect Mark Brunell's blind side. Zero sacks seems incredible. Compares to Jason Peters??? Sounds great, but Bama OTs don't fair well in the pros, do they?

(04-22-2020, 09:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I like DJ but I don't like this draft.

Same here.

So they get the NT, which we need and we end up with a 3 Technique, which is needed, but to a much lesser degree than NT? I don't like it. On top of that, we get a 3-4 OLB at #20 with tons of athleticism, but that athleticism has yet to spawn any consistent results. Yuk! This is a terrible draft. I think I'd jump off the tallest building I could find.

(04-23-2020, 12:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

So they get the NT, which we need and we end up with a 3 Technique, which is needed, but to a much lesser degree than NT? I don't like it. On top of that, we get a 3-4 OLB at #20 with tons of athleticism, but that athleticism has yet to spawn any consistent results. Yuk! This is a terrible draft. I think I'd jump off the tallest building I could find.

Good point about the 3 technique and 3-4 OLB.

If we are going to use more 3-4 looks, at least match up the personnel with the scheme changes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!