Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up for Okudah?

(04-23-2020, 02:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:36 PM)Upper Wrote: For Okudah absolutely he is worth 9 and Yannick or 42. Get one of the clear top 2 non QBs in the draft.

Top3. Simmons and Young are better prospects

Simmons disagree, Young and Okudah are the top tier alone this draft IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There is 5 elite players in a tier alone imo.
Burrow
Young
Brown
Simmons
Okudah

Would rather keep #42, but I'd do 9 and the rights to Yan's 2020 and not look back.

(04-23-2020, 04:44 AM)enigma Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 11:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I love Okudah so much and have him rated so highly at CB, (our biggest need imo,) that I'd be down for almost any trade that would land us his talents. He is far and away, the top defensive player on my board and a guy that is the best CB prospect coming into the draft since Patrick Peterson. In an age where I was beginning to think lockdown corners were a thing of the past, Okudah has revived my faith in the position. As I said before, Okudah is everything Ramsey wishes he was, but isn't.

Okudah is absolutely an amazing prospect, but to think that Ramsey wasn't/isn't a true lockdown cornerback is straight up disingenuous.

Sure, he's a nutcase and what he did was disgusting but as far as talent goes - he's top 3 in the NFL.

When Ramsey came out, there were concerns that he would not be able to play cornerback every down, because he did not often play man coverage on an edge receiver while he played at FSU. He more often played on a slot receiver or at safety.
Turns out that Ramsey really could do it, and do it well, but people doubted it when he came out.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-23-2020, 06:04 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Would rather keep #42, but I'd do 9 and the rights to Yan's 2020 and not look back.

The contract / salary cap factor with Yan is the primary reason why the Lions and Jaguars probably couldn't work out a trade along these lines if Dave Caldwell made the offer.  That much more because of the financial investment in Trey Flowers.

I would 10000% rather have Okudah than Henderson and Chaisson.

Lions board on Okudah

https://lionstalk.com/t/okudah-is-it-just-me-or/6594

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 09:55 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-22-2020, 06:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lions board on Okudah

Interesting.  We'll likely get a better idea in a few weeks.

I know I'm pretty happy with Henderson so far, and based on the still way too small sample size, I'm happy my negative feelings towards his selection appear to have been wrong!

I will gladly own my wrongness.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020, 11:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-22-2020, 09:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Interesting.  We'll likely get a better idea in a few weeks.

I know I'm pretty happy with Henderson so far, and based on the still way too small sample size, I'm happy my negative feelings towards his selection appear to have been wrong!

Only 2 games in, but here is the Cardinals board on Simmons.  He was benched last week btw
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/...ns.367064/

This comment is funny
[Image: 1360_2.png]

Mobetta20
2d

Henderson has a pass rush. And they don’t play man…ALL of the TIME!! Okudah is set up to fail.
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 Reply
[/font]

(09-22-2020, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 09:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting.  We'll likely get a better idea in a few weeks.

Only 2 games in, but here is the Cardinals board on Simmons.  He was benched last week btw
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/...ns.367064/

I don't really go to other team's message boards like ever... but cruising through the Lions and Cards boards it is nice to know that Jaguar MB fans aren't really special. It's the same crap everywhere lol
Over reactions, fanboys, trolls, arm chair GMs. It's the same on every fan board.

Must be the internet. 

Any time I discuss football in real life, in person, with co workers or folks at a bar, I ALMOST never run into the hyperbole and childish nonsense you run into on these message boards.
I wonder if message boards have a different demographic for the most part or if it really is the hiding behind a cpu screen so you can say anything and everything without people knowing who you are...

(04-24-2020, 03:52 PM)Upper Wrote: I would 10000% rather have Okudah than Henderson and Chaisson.

#oldtakesexposed

I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson

We need help on defense, not offense.  Give me Shenault over Lamb and Cam is finally healthy and probably our best lineman so far.  We need D.  We wouldn't of beat the Colts without CJ

(09-23-2020, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson

We need help on defense, not offense. Give me Shenault over Lamb and Cam is finally healthy and probably our best lineman so far.  We need D.  We wouldn't of beat the Colts without CJ

According to you. Can you see the future and alternate universes or something?

Chaisson has done pretty much nothing outside of a sack where he wasn't even blocked.
Lamb has been better than Shenault

Maybe the offense would have been even better with better protection for Minshew, more holes for Robinson and we ended up outscoring the Colts.

I still take those 2, if you wanna be a homer that's ok but don't act like those picks have already proven to be the right ones and better than the others.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 03:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-23-2020, 03:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need help on defense, not offense. Give me Shenault over Lamb and Cam is finally healthy and probably our best lineman so far.  We need D.  We wouldn't of beat the Colts without CJ

According to you. Can you see the future and alternate universes or something?

Chaisson has done pretty much nothing outside of a sack where he wasn't even blocked.

Maybe the offense would have been even better with better protection for Minshew, more holes for Robinson and we ended up outscoring the Colts.

I still take those 2, if you wanna be a homer that's ok but don't act like those picks have already proven to be the right ones and better than the others.
Ray Charles could see we need defense   Not to mention Lamb was gone at 20 anyway so its irrelevant.  But if we are going back let's get the better LT in Becton, dude is a monster

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/laviska-shenault/61220

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/ceedee-lamb/61570

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 03:37 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-23-2020, 03:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: According to you. Can you see the future and alternate universes or something?

Ray Charles could see we need defense   Not to mention Lamb was gone at 20 anyway so its irrelevant.  But if we are going back let's get the better LT in Becton, dude is a monster

Why take Shenault and Bartch then? It's only the second week and you act like we have a top 5 offense, hilarious.

Just a reminder

No holes for Robinson in the second half vs the Colts
No holes for Robinson in the first half vs Titans

Lamb>Shenault

(09-23-2020, 03:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ray Charles could see we need defense   Not to mention Lamb was gone at 20 anyway so its irrelevant.  But if we are going back let's get the better LT in Becton, dude is a monster

Why take Shenault and Bartch then? It's only the second week and you act like we have a top 5 offense, hilarious.

Just a reminder

Lamb>Shenault

(09-23-2020, 03:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:36 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Why take Shenault and Bartch then? It's only the second week and you act like we have a top 5 offense, hilarious.

Just a reminder

Lamb>Shenault

Cute

(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson.
On draft day, I would have agreed with you...though I was more of a Wirfs guy.
Now that I've seen Henderson in two games...I'm less sold on that proposition.
I wasn't a big fan of Lamb or Chaisson coming into the draft.
Both have shown a flash or so.
But under the idea of getting Minshew as much help as possible to see what exactly we have in him, I would have taken your pair over the guys we took.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!