Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
C.J. Henderson - Rd1, Pick 9 (merged)

(04-23-2020, 09:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:31 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: No, he didn't. Bad omen. His dad was excited, but he looked depressed. Should've grabbed Whirfs or somehow traded down.

I thought he looked emotional, not that he wasn’t happy.

A little insider info....my kid is a GA coach at Florida and he just told me CJ is an almost awkwardly quiet dude. Works his butt off, but is just really introverted.

Lol they’ve already started calling him Anti-Ramsey on Twitter.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2020, 11:07 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I thought he looked emotional, not that he wasn’t happy.

A little insider info....my kid is a GA coach at Florida and he just told me CJ is an almost awkwardly quiet dude. Works his butt off, but is just really introverted.

Lol they’ve already started calling him Anti-Ramsey on Twitter.

Its like bizarro world.

(04-23-2020, 10:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:58 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/SpazzLion/status/125...3780003848

Lol he wants to cry!

IKR....Jeez kid, try to contain your enthusiasm.

He was crying with happiness man.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-23-2020, 11:25 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 10:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: IKR....Jeez kid, try to contain your enthusiasm.

He was crying with happiness man.

Pretty much, he practically said so on Twitter.

I wanted him, not at 9 but whatever.

Calais <3

(04-23-2020, 11:04 PM)enigma Wrote: Bunny with the premium insider info coming in clutch haha.

Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The full length... LOL...

https://twitter.com/HendersonChris_/stat...6432843776

(04-23-2020, 11:47 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The full length... LOL...

I was 100% wrong about my initial impression of his reaction.

He looks like someone who worked his [BLEEP] off to get to where he is and will continue to work his [BLEEP] off to be great.

I didn't see enough value at #9 to select him but it's happened so I'm ready to support his success completely.

Consensus #2 corner in the draft, some rumblings he might be ahead of okudah. We weren't giving up on Cam Robinson and Tre Herndon would have been your too corner going into training camp. There wasnt really a decision to be made.

He isn’t the player o wanted, but had we not grabbed him there, they probably leave this draft without a starting caliber player. There was a run on CBs after him.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 01:11 AM by Burrguar.)

Not surprised by the CJ. Henderson pick. The Jaguars wanted two home games in London. The local media went along with it knowing they would get a Gator drafted in the first round as a result. 

Let's not ignore the fact the local media has been lining their pockets with draft day bonanza cash for many years now.

(04-23-2020, 09:34 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:32 PM)TheBmanCometh Wrote: Literally the first reach this draft. What an awful pick. I've been looking forward to this for so long and now just feel like the night is ruined regardless of the 20th pick.

Not a reach. He’s been mocked to us plenty the past 2 months. Now sure I would have preferred a trade back but it takes two to tango.

The was the pay off for the two London "home" games.
Shad Khan and David Caldwell are personal friends of a close relative. Leonard, too. Gardner? How does anybody know about Minshew?

(04-24-2020, 01:09 AM)Burrguar Wrote: Not surprised by the CJ. Henderson pick. The Jaguars wanted two home games in London. The local media went along with it knowing they would get a Gator drafted in the first round as a result. 

Let's not ignore the fact the local media has been lining their pockets with draft day bonanza cash for many years now.

(04-23-2020, 09:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: Not a reach. He’s been mocked to us plenty the past 2 months. Now sure I would have preferred a trade back but it takes two to tango.

The was the pay off for the two London "home" games.

You got some extra tinfoil? Because I'm planning on grilling up tomorrow.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 01:18 AM by Burrguar.)

(04-23-2020, 10:13 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 10:12 PM)Firesky Wrote: Agreed, he's a notch below Okudah but is solidly in that first tier of CB's who can produce right away. He's been disrespected/undervalued in all the mock drafts. The guy is fast, has great ball skills and can blitz. He reminds me a bit of Rashean Mathis, both of which had the singular knock of not being the greatest tacklers. I'm very ok with the pick but obviously would've preferred one of the OT's that were available. Anyone calling it a "reach" is speaking in hyperbole frankly.

Did you think he was the 9th best player coming out of CFB?

Not even a first round talent. Each year the Gators pay for product placement. They always manage to place a Derrick Harvey, Reggie Nelson, Taven Bryan, Joe Haden, or CJ Henderson kind of oddity in the first round.

(04-23-2020, 11:51 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:47 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The full length... LOL...

I was 100% wrong about my initial impression of his reaction.

He looks like someone who worked his [BLEEP] off to get to where he is and will continue to work his [BLEEP] off to be great.

I didn't see enough value at #9 to select him but it's happened so I'm ready to support his success completely.

Gee, drafted twenty minutes and already issuing damage control statements. Not a good sign.
Shad Khan and David Caldwell are personal friends of a close relative. Leonard, too. Gardner? How does anybody know about Minshew?

In the end we got the top eight that everyone expected, so there wasn't anyone falling into our laps this year.

Wirfs would have been nice, but maybe they're happier with our OLine than we are,

I don't mind the pick. He wasn't a reach in terms of talent, and he's not a position we didn't need help at. I'm just looking at who's left at a couple of positions:

CB: Kristian Fulton, Trevon Diggs, Jaylon Johnson
OT: Josh Jones and...Michael Turk is a weapon at punter?

Then I look back at the three top-tier offensive tackles we passed up to add Henderson, and I just think that he'd better be one hell of a cornerback. And he'd better wear #20.

He is a good CB, ecspecially in man coverage. Jalen was too tho, and how often did we play man? Hopefully we can start playing to our guy's strengths..
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

The Falcons and Raiders picks were much more of a reach for their corners than than us taking Henderson and there was a huge gap imo after Henderson at corner

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 06:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

Henderson is a highly rated player who plays a premium position and fills a dire need for us.  And from all reports, there is a huge drop off in CB talent after Okudah and Henderson.  

Not a sexy pick, but a sensible pick.

(04-24-2020, 06:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Falcons and Raiders picks were much more of a reach for their corners than  than us taking Henderson and there was a huge gap imo after Henderson at corner

Daniel Jeremiah said the Raiders pick was his 8th rated CB.

(04-24-2020, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Henderson is a highly rated player who plays a premium position and fills a dire need for us.  And from all reports, there is a huge drop off in CB talent after Okudah and Henderson.  

Not a sexy pick, but a sensible pick.

(04-24-2020, 06:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Falcons and Raiders picks were much more of a reach for their corners than  than us taking Henderson and there was a huge gap imo after Henderson at corner

Daniel Jeremiah said the Raiders pick was his 8th rated CB.

Yeah, the Terrell and most certainly the Arnette picks were massive reaches.

Most everybody knew the talent drop-off after Okudah and Henderson, but to see an incredible run on CBs through the entirety of the first round just goes to show that Henderson not have made it to #20.