Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
C.J. Henderson - Rd1, Pick 9 (merged)

(04-23-2020, 11:25 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 10:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: IKR....Jeez kid, try to contain your enthusiasm.

He was crying with happiness man.
Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me all those other 20 or 30 dudes I saw crying last night hated where they were drafted to as well? Nah, couldn't be, he MUST of been the only one of them sad, you know, because Jaguars and all that.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, after seeing how the first round fell, I hate this pick a lot less. The kid can play, and there is no way we would have drafted a comparable CB at 20.

(04-24-2020, 10:08 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: So, after seeing how the first round fell, I hate this pick a lot less.  The kid can play, and there is no way we would have drafted a comparable CB at 20.

this may have been (on paper) a two corner draft.  Kiper pointed out that there wasn't a consensus on who the third CB was.  The kid from Clemson got pretty well worked in the championship game, the kid from OSU was thought to be a second round pick.

(04-24-2020, 10:07 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:25 PM)Dimson Wrote: He was crying with happiness man.
Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me all those other 20 or 30 dudes I saw crying last night hated where they were drafted to as well? Nah, couldn't be, he MUST of been the only one of them sad, you know, because Jaguars and all that.

No, just the Top 10 picks that just barely made top 10 were pretty messed up that they squeaked in... Feel me. That man was elated. If anything, he could have the 'Rona Blues and would be able to show much more elation walking that stage, being interviewed by Deion.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Yeah I was sour on it initially. After we grabbed him though, the run started...couldn't believe some of the names last night.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

So since Henderson wouldn't have made it to 20 all of the sudden you throw BAP out the window and take like the 5th best player on the board...oh yeah and LT and WR are also very big needs.

(04-24-2020, 11:10 AM)Upper Wrote: So since Henderson wouldn't have made it to 20 all of the sudden you throw BAP out the window and take like the 5th best player on the board...oh yeah and LT and WR are also very big needs.

5th best player on who's board?

LT and WR are big "needs" according to you.

Geez, I wonder with the depth of knowledge of so many fans who none of you are actually working in NFL front offices.... they are missing out on some premier scouts over here on the message board.
Laughing

(04-24-2020, 11:10 AM)Upper Wrote: So since Henderson wouldn't have made it to 20 all of the sudden you throw BAP out the window and take like the 5th best player on the board...oh yeah and LT and WR are also very big needs.

Really?

1 WR with 1000 yards
1 WR with over 750 yards
1 WR with over 650 Yards

While playing with a rookie QB...

(04-24-2020, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote:

5th best player on who's board?

Geez, I wonder with the depth of knowledge of so many fans who none of you are actually working in NFL front offices.... they are missing out on some premier scouts over here on the message board.
Laughing

Yea I like many wanted Wirfs...but...Wills/Becton still went before him and after 9.  So my opinion/other posters opinions didnt match up with at least 2 pro teams...many wanted Wirfs over Thomas.

So the consensus #1 OT on the MB was the 4th OT in the actual draft.

(04-24-2020, 11:20 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote: 5th best player on who's board?

Laughing

Yea I like many wanted Wirfs...but...Wills/Becton still went before him and after 9.  So my opinion/other posters opinions didnt match up with at least 2 pro teams...many wanted Wirfs over Thomas.

Never liked Wirfs as a OT.

To me it was:

1.-Wills
2.-Becton
3.-Thomas
4.-Wirfs

(04-24-2020, 11:20 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:12 AM)Kane Wrote: 5th best player on who's board?

Laughing

I had been saying it leading up to the draft. Many draftniks pegged Wirfs as better suited for RT or RG. 
From the coverage I gathered he will play RT for Tampa.

I wanted him and would have plugged him at RG where guys like Daniel Jeremiah think he can be all-pro.

I actually wanted them to take him too. They selected Henderson and I said "Oh... OK, that works too."
It had been previously discussed taking Henderson there and I said I wouldn't be mad about it. Cover "shut down" type corner at 9 is never a bad pick imo.
RG can be addressed later in the draft. And I don't think replacing Cam Robinson this year at LT was ever in the plans.  Despite he drawing the ire of many fans (and some of it is warranted).
I expect him to fully have a good year after being fully recovered from ACL.

Time will tell if the fans were more right than the NFL GMs.

(04-24-2020, 11:23 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:20 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Yea I like many wanted Wirfs...but...Wills/Becton still went before him and after 9.  So my opinion/other posters opinions didnt match up with at least 2 pro teams...many wanted Wirfs over Thomas.

Never liked Wirfs as a OT.

To me it was:

1.-Wills
2.-Becton
3.-Thomas
4.-Wirfs

Ok...but many people were clamoring for Wirfs when we went on the clock and he was 4th OT.

And just like in your ranking your #3 was the 1st OT taken. 

Long story short, there is a reason we are on a MB and not a NFL front office.

People are acting like we took Arnette @ 9.

(04-24-2020, 11:27 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:23 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Never liked Wirfs as a OT.

To me it was:

1.-Wills
2.-Becton
3.-Thomas
4.-Wirfs

Ok...but many people were clamoring for Wirfs when we went on the clock and he was 4th OT.

Barring Okudah sliding to us I think a handful of posters would be complaining today no matter who we took at 9 (or 20 for that matter)

Some people just like to [BLEEP] lol

Per Rapp

#Falcons wanted to trade up for #Florida CB CJ Henderson. Why didn’t they?
— #Dolphins & #Chargers took QBs & wouldn't move.
— Not trading with #Panthers, same division.
— #AZCardinals wouldn’t move, wanted to take Simmons.
— ATL knew Jax was taking Henderson… and they did.

To me it was:

1.-Wills
2.-Becton
3.-Thomas
4.-Wirfs

The NFL often gets it wrong too though . I'd say there's a good chance Wirfs out performs at least two tackles on that list

(04-24-2020, 11:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:27 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Ok...but many people were clamoring for Wirfs when we went on the clock and he was 4th OT.

I'd say there's a good chance Wirfs out performs at least two tackles on that list

Based on what?
Tom Brady being his QB?

Watching and reading about the Henderson/Chaisson they both seem like PLAYERS and have a sense of maturity about them. Same with Allen last year. Its one thing to have TALENT but you gotta also have that sense of maturity to realize you got drafted into a career. This isn't a game anymore. Its your livelihood and how you support yourself and your family. Im hoping with these two, Allen last year, Chark, Minshew, Taylor, etc...we can start to reestablish a new culture around here.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-24-2020, 11:31 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:27 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Ok...but many people were clamoring for Wirfs when we went on the clock and he was 4th OT.

The NFL often gets it wrong too though . I'd say there's a good chance Wirfs out performs at least two tackles on that list

I'm aware and I still think he will be a really good player but I also don't put in all the hours the professionals do.

Just saying when the majority of posters whining fall into the same category you got to step back and look at how the actual professionals drafted.

Just like the USA today guy saying Fulton should have been the pick at 9...yet he is still on the board and 6 CBs are off the board...

I mean if we took Arnette or a guy seen as a 3rd rounder...ok you can p and moan.

(04-24-2020, 11:38 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 11:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: The NFL often gets it wrong too though . I'd say there's a good chance Wirfs out performs at least two tackles on that list

I'm aware and I still think he will be a really good player but I also don't put in all the hours the professionals do.

Just saying when the majority of posters whining fall into the same category you got to step back and look at how the actual professionals drafted.

Just like the USA today guy saying Fulton should have been the pick at 9...yet he is still on the board and 6 CBs are off the board...

I mean if we took Arnette or a guy seen as a 3rd rounder...ok you can p and moan.

Appeal to authority isn't really wise for a process like the draft. It's ok to have very logical disagreements with a pick and be annoyed. 

I'm good with Henderson but also thought Wirfs would be a way better pick , there are enough concerns with Henderson I can see why people would hate it (like I do with the chaisson pick)

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 11:45 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

To me it was:

1.-Wills
2.-Becton
3.-Thomas
4.-Wirfs

GMs are sometimes awful too. We've had one of those (Gene Smith) maybe 2 (Caldwell).

Like, how many GMs had Lamar Jackson as their 4th QB? 

I know what you are saying though, just wanted to say that :p