Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
C.J. Henderson - Rd1, Pick 9 (merged)

(04-28-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 07:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm a little concerned about the tackling.  From the few highlights I've seen, he doesn't seem to want to tackle at all.  It looks like he's hoping someone else will make the tackle.

He also got dominated physically at the catch point last year. Neither one was a major concern in 2018 so I'm hoping he just played timid last year because he was trying to preserve his first round draft status and $$$ and now that he has secured the bag he will become more physical again.

I am sure it was more to the fact is that he played last year injured than it was him waiting to get paid.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/126...08065?s=20

OchoCinco working with Henderson today.

I can't post his next tweet about Henderson due to profanity, but he did say "God help Jags receivers that have to deal with CJ .... (he) is nice in bump and run coverage ... understand why he was taken at #9.

(04-28-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 07:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm a little concerned about the tackling.  From the few highlights I've seen, he doesn't seem to want to tackle at all.  It looks like he's hoping someone else will make the tackle.

He also got dominated physically at the catch point last year. Neither one was a major concern in 2018 so I'm hoping he just played timid last year because he was trying to preserve his first round draft status and $$$ and now that he has secured the bag he will become more physical again.

Who dominated him last year?

(05-21-2020, 04:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote: He also got dominated physically at the catch point last year. Neither one was a major concern in 2018 so I'm hoping he just played timid last year because he was trying to preserve his first round draft status and $$$ and now that he has secured the bag he will become more physical again.

Who dominated him last year?

No one.

CJ had a nice INT so far in the first half.

Curious to see how he handles the second half with the soft bend-dont-break defensive playcalling.

(09-13-2020, 02:22 PM)enigma Wrote: CJ had a nice INT so far in the first half.

Curious to see how he handles the second half with the soft bend-dont-break defensive playcalling.

Two nice tackles by Henderson. I guess that pre-draft talk about his inability to tackle was false.

this is aging well lmao

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

GAME [BLEEP] WINNING PLAY.

CJ HENDERSON.

PLAYMAKERS MAKE PLAYS.

One of the best debuts I can remember. Game ball.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He didn’t look like a rookie.

bUT We NeeDeD a tAcKLe

Jalen who?

Do you think he had a better week 1 than Derek Cox did against the Colts with Manning ?

Good debut game, hopefully he won't have a problem with the concussions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wow

He objectively did, lets hope he doesn't disappear like Cox did after game 1

He also made some really good tackles out there... for all the people who said he didn't want to tackle...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-13-2020, 04:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good debut game, hopefully he won't have a problem with the concussions.

No worries.  See how a drive with the game on the line magically cured him Smile

(09-13-2020, 04:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good debut game, hopefully he won't have a problem with the concussions.

Apparently, he didn't have a concussion, because he came back in the game.

(09-13-2020, 04:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He also made some really good tackles out there... for all the people who said he didn't want to tackle...

Yuppp, I tried telling people back after the draft that the concerns were overblown, he had a very nice debut and looked the part of a top 10 pick!! LOVE this kid!!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!