Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
C.J. Henderson - Rd1, Pick 9 (merged)

(09-13-2020, 04:28 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:08 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He also made some really good tackles out there... for all the people who said he didn't want to tackle...

Yuppp, I tried telling people back after the draft that the concerns were overblown, he had a very nice debut and looked the part of a top 10 pick!! LOVE this kid!!

Me and you both.  Whats funny is some on here had Okudah as the best corner to come out since Ramsey and the Lions wasn't even gonna start him lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-13-2020, 04:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:00 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Good debut game, hopefully he won't have a problem with the concussions.

Apparently, he didn't have a concussion, because he came back in the game.

I'm thinking he had a shoulder stinger.

Who had the better week 1 as a rookie ? Derek Cox or Henderson ?

Henderson! That was an epic performance, including the game winning play. Also, his tackling looked amazing, despite all we heard. He was a physical force on every level out there.

(09-13-2020, 04:02 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: He objectively did, lets hope he doesn't disappear like Cox did after game 1

What is pretty neat is both players had huge games against the Colts. I think Cox had an interception in the end zone when Manning was attempting a TD pass. And Cox also had a fumble recovery.

Henderson had a pick and 3 or 4 pass break ups. 

The only way I would give the nod to Cox is because Cox played the full game and it was against Manning and Manning owned the Jags.

When CJ got his pick I admit I did think of Cox picking Manning in his 1st game as a rookie.

CJ is clearly a more talented athlete however. Excited to see how his season plays out.

How about that reach at 9 eh?

(09-14-2020, 10:31 AM)Kane Wrote: How about that reach at 9 eh?

I don't think he was a reach, I just didn't want a corner at 9, especially one from a school full of failed DBs like Florida.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-14-2020, 09:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:02 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: He objectively did, lets hope he doesn't disappear like Cox did after game 1

What is pretty neat is both players had huge games against the Colts. I think Cox had an interception in the end zone when Manning was attempting a TD pass. And Cox also had a fumble recovery.

Henderson had a pick and 3 or 4 pass break ups. 

The only way I would give the nod to Cox is because Cox played the full game and it was against Manning and Manning owned the Jags.

I'd give the nod to Henderson.  Rivers has also owned the Jags, especially in Jax. In nine career games, he's completed almost 70% of his passes, 2668 yards, 25 TDs and 5 picks...before yesterday.  CJ had a pick, 3 PBUs, and 5 tackles. He also had that CRUCIAL 4th down break up.

Cox had the end zone pick, fumble recovery, but also only had 3 tackles, and 1 PBU.  Plus we LOST that game. 

One game does NOT a career make, but I like the tenacity I see out of him.  The game didn't look to big or fast for him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-23-2020, 09:36 PM)Upper Wrote: The fanaticism has begun lmao. Spin everyone!

(04-23-2020, 10:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: #becausejagusrs

Why trade Ramsey and bouye just to get another corner?

Gene Caldwell at his best

F- At 9

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...25537?s=19

(09-14-2020, 12:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:36 PM)Upper Wrote: The fanaticism has begun lmao. Spin everyone!

(04-23-2020, 10:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: #becausejagusrs

Why trade Ramsey and bouye just to get another corner?

Gene Caldwell at his best

F- At 9

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...25537?s=19

Be interesting to see Jalen/AJ's scores for week 1.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 12:42 PM by mal234.)

This is a nice breakdown of CJ's play from Brian Baldinger:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1305875008112058369

(09-15-2020, 12:41 PM)mal234 Wrote: This is a nice breakdown of CJ's play from Brian Baldinger:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1305875008112058369

I thought the INT was mostly a horrible throw by Rivers... That was a great play from Henderson.

BTW, anyone knows why he switched to 23?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Ramsey hardly played at all for us last year, so we were actually replacing Bouye, and as of now, it looks like we actually upgraded that spot.

Some wanted Isaiah Simmons, here was his debut

https://nflmocks.com/2020/09/16/cardinal...s-benched/

Another really good game by CJ. Gave up the 1 TD but other than that pretty much shut Davis out after going for over 100 last week he had 3 catches for 36 this week

(09-22-2020, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/09/lion...debut.html

But...but...Okudah was the top ranked QB in the draft! The drop off between 1 and 2 was HUGE! We REACHED for Henderson at 9! Right! Right??