Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
K'Lavon Chaisson - Rd1, Pick 20

(04-23-2020, 10:53 PM)Haterade Wrote: Couldn't we have just paid Yan?

We tried and he didn't take the money

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2020, 11:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:22 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This means Yan is gone.  We'll likely get a fraction of his worth in a trade now.  This is a terrible draft.  We reached for a cornerback.  We didn't get a defensive tackle that we desperately need.  We didn't get any offensive help.  I completely didn't understand during the off-season why they kept Caldwell.  He's continuing his stupidity that has led to 6 losing in 7 seasons under him.  Heck, in 6 of 7 seasons, he's had 6 wins or less.  In 5 of 7 seasons, his team has won 5 games or less.  Why do we keep a guy who clearly doesn't know how to build a team?  We question his picks, they suck, and he still keeps his job.  Absolutely unbelievable.

Yan has been gone for literally weeks man

And Caldwell should have been too.

Even if true that Yan was already "gone", then Caldwell should have traded him.  Now, teams know we're desperate to dump him and we'll get a fraction of his value.  Another poorly thought out move by Mr. "6 Losing Seasons in 7 Years" Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 10:38 AM by imtheblkranger.)

I don't think this pick changes anything with Yan. From everything I've read from Caldwell, it seems even more than ever, that they're done with trade talks and going to make him play or sit out unpaid.

Of course if a huge offer comes along they'll entertain it. But I don't think they're going out of their way to shop him anymore.

(04-23-2020, 11:51 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:22 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This means Yan is gone.  We'll likely get a fraction of his worth in a trade now.  This is a terrible draft.  We reached for a cornerback.  We didn't get a defensive tackle that we desperately need.  We didn't get any offensive help.  I completely didn't understand during the off-season why they kept Caldwell.  He's continuing his stupidity that has led to 6 losing in 7 seasons under him.  Heck, in 6 of 7 seasons, he's had 6 wins or less.  In 5 of 7 seasons, his team has won 5 games or less.  Why do we keep a guy who clearly doesn't know how to build a team?  We question his picks, they suck, and he still keeps his job.  Absolutely unbelievable.

Still 6 more rounds to go mate. Hopefully you feel better as it progresses.

I hope that you are right.  I am a Jaguars fan and not a troll.  I also admit that there is often extra emotion immediately following a questionable pick.  That being said, while there's still a ways to go, the first round is by far the most important and this is doubled when you have two picks.  These picks do have ripple effects.  I said that we were desperate for a defensive tackle.  Do we take one in the second round?  If so, that means we're waiting all the way until the third round to even start to address offense where we did virtually nothing in the off-season.  Alternatively, do we just accept that we'll be mediocre at defensive tackle and start addressing offense?  Neither option is where I wanted to be at this point in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 01:18 PM by Burrguar.)

(04-24-2020, 01:59 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...35777?s=21

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...36736?s=21

And which one is the run-stuffer? You supply plenty of quotes from other people. Do they represent what YOU believe?

(04-23-2020, 11:06 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Him and allen rushing the passer is scary

Yeah, and either of them stuffing the run is unimaginable.
Shad Khan and David Caldwell are personal friends of a close relative. Leonard, too. Gardner? How does anybody know about Minshew?

(04-24-2020, 01:16 PM)Burrguar Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 01:59 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...35777?s=21

And which one is the run-stuffer? You supply plenty of quotes from other people. Do they represent what YOU believe?

(04-23-2020, 11:06 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Him and allen rushing the passer is scary

I like the Chassion pick. He fits the mold of everything we ask our rushers to do, in addition to being a better run defender than Yan is out of the gate.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Said he's been a Jag fan for a while. I like that

Hoping he becomes a Shaquil Barrett preferably the 2019 version...

Allen is pretty good against the run though.....  Huh

The only noise tackle that was worth grabbing went number seven. What could you possibly be [BLEEP] about
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

https://twitter.com/themanacho/status/12...97155?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-24-2020, 12:33 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:51 PM)BritJag Wrote: Still 6 more rounds to go mate. Hopefully you feel better as it progresses.

I hope that you are right.  I am a Jaguars fan and not a troll.  I also admit that there is often extra emotion immediately following a questionable pick.  That being said, while there's still a ways to go, the first round is by far the most important and this is doubled when you have two picks.  These picks do have ripple effects.  I said that we were desperate for a defensive tackle.  Do we take one in the second round?  If so, that means we're waiting all the way until the third round to even start to address offense where we did virtually nothing in the off-season.  Alternatively, do we just accept that we'll be mediocre at defensive tackle and start addressing offense?  Neither option is where I wanted to be at this point in the draft.

Agreed generally, though I just remembered Damon Harrison is still available as a free agent.

Granted he is far from a long term solution, but could help short term.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

https://twitter.com/s4ckguru/status/1253...19681?s=21

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2020, 02:48 PM by Kane.)

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4734734]

(04-24-2020, 02:44 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/s4ckguru/status/1253...19681?s=21

I am liking the pick more and more.

(04-24-2020, 01:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Allen is pretty good against the run though.....  Huh

Yeah lol bad takes abound in all these "whine about the draft" threads

Regarding the numbers for Chaisson, I guess of the three I'd prefer he wear 52 ( still a traditionalist, I suppose), but ideally I'd give him 48.

LOL people telling him to use 91.

I think 45 or 47 would be good for him

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/12537...57921?s=21

(04-24-2020, 01:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Allen is pretty good against the run though....Huh

Agreed.