Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Bartch - Rd 4, Pick 116

Very good pick. Mobile LT, he is a nasty blocker.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 12:48 PM by homebiscuit.)

JM: What’s your favorite way to demoralize your opponent?

BB: I think the intimidation factor is very important. I enjoy a good pancake. I enjoy finishing a guy off through the whistle. I think those things really set the tone. They understand that it’s personal when you’re blocking them through the whistle. You have to protect your quarterback at all costs. It goes back to the pancakes. I enjoy taking souls, so to speak.

I like him already.

(04-25-2020, 12:45 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Very good pick. Mobile LT, he is a nasty blocker.

He's a right guard. Where are people getting tackle from?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-25-2020, 12:47 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:45 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Very good pick. Mobile LT, he is a nasty blocker.

He was a TE converted into a LT.

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...91650?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

...because he played left tackle?

He projects to either tackle or guard as a pro.

(04-25-2020, 12:50 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:47 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: He's a right guard. Where are people getting tackle from?

...because he played left tackle?

He projects to either tackle or guard as a pro.

Dudes a right guard only. Dave let the RG maulers go right before this pick. This guy is not playing tackle, that's for sure.

JM: You’ve played both left and right tackle. Which do you think is your main position going forward?

BB: I think that I’m a left tackle. I’d be open to playing right tackle if that’s what’s required of me, but I believe I have the skill-set and athletic ability to play left tackle.

So ? Why is there 21 picks between 116 and 137 thought it would be closer to 11.

(04-25-2020, 12:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:47 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: He's a right guard. Where are people getting tackle from?

JM: You’ve played both left and right tackle. Which do you think is your main position going forward?

BB: I think that I’m a left tackle. I’d be open to playing right tackle if that’s what’s required of me, but I believe I have the skill-set and athletic ability to play left tackle.

Yeah right, this isn't St. John's schedule anymore, dudes not playing LT sorry. Cleveland was the last LT remaining and he went end of the second.  There was five right guards better than Bartch and somehow we end with him?

Why not take a true guard like Sternberg, the mauler the Lions just got? Hopefully he can be a decent swing tackle, kind of like that guy (name escapes me) who took over for Cam Robinson and was a better pass blocker than him, but then got hurt himself. Does he have traits to be a mauler at guard?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-25-2020, 12:54 PM)surfon Wrote: So ? Why is there 21 picks between 116 and 137 thought it would be closer to 11.

Because math.

(04-25-2020, 12:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:54 PM)surfon Wrote: So ? Why is there 21 picks between 116 and 137 thought it would be closer to 11.

Because math.

Haha

(04-25-2020, 12:58 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: JM: You’ve played both left and right tackle. Which do you think is your main position going forward?

Yeah right, this isn't St. John's schedule anymore, dudes not playing LT sorry. Cleveland was the last LT remaining and he went end of the second.  There was five right guards better than Bartch and somehow we end with him?

Well, he is starting at RG. Hopefully Minshew is working on some scrambling drills.

(04-25-2020, 12:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Why not take a true guard like Sternberg, the mauler the Lions just got? Hopefully he can be a decent swing tackle, kind of like that guy (name escapes me) who took over for Cam Robinson and was a better pass blocker than him, but then got hurt himself. Does he have traits to be a mauler at guard?

He might be able to slide into RT but not left. He has short arms, him playing LT is wishful thinking. Hopefully Muti or Hall are there on our next pick. Bryce Hall @FS might work. Muti must have some lingering injury concern to slip this far.

https://twitter.com/snfonnbc/status/1254...51650?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He has left tackle feet. He should develop there until he proves he can't. Long arms are important, light feet are importanter.

(04-25-2020, 01:03 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Why not take a true guard like Sternberg, the mauler the Lions just got? Hopefully he can be a decent swing tackle, kind of like that guy (name escapes me) who took over for Cam Robinson and was a better pass blocker than him, but then got hurt himself. Does he have traits to be a mauler at guard?

He might be able to slide into RT but not left. He has short arms, him playing LT is wishful thinking. Hopefully Muti or Hall are there on our next pick. Bryce Hall @FS might work. Muti must have some lingering injury concern to slip this far.

Bartch is a converted tight end, with his short arms being the biggest knock against him playing tackle. Know who else was a converted tight end with short arms? Jason Peters.

(04-25-2020, 01:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 01:03 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: He might be able to slide into RT but not left. He has short arms, him playing LT is wishful thinking. Hopefully Muti or Hall are there on our next pick. Bryce Hall @FS might work. Muti must have some lingering injury concern to slip this far.

Bartch is a converted tight end, with his short arms being the biggest knock against him playing tackle. Know who else was a converted tight end with short arms? Jason Peters.

Nice, citing the exception to the rule. Cool, when we draft a QB in the sixth make sure you remind me that Brady went in the sixth 20 years ago

(04-25-2020, 01:10 PM)Upper Wrote: He has left tackle feet. He should develop there until he proves he can't. Long arms are important, light feet are importanter.

Well it's either: 

A. LT- Bartch RG- CROB
B. LT- CROB RG- Bartch 

Either way... LOL.