Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Bartch - Rd 4, Pick 116

Preferred other options on the board but again "makes sense". Taking dudes at the right spots and at the rice the positions is 70% of the draft

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2020, 12:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:42 PM)Dimson Wrote: There is always this guy every pick. Congratulations on being that guy.

I'm sorry that I want to see actual protection for our QB. Imagine not wanting your QB to get slaughtered? IMAGINEEEE? We drafted a developmental guy for an offensive line that needs immediate help at LT and RG. I'm so happy.
MOM, DAD, STOP FIGHTING I'm scared! Luke Bryan is playing a song!

(04-25-2020, 01:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Preferred other options on the board but again "makes sense". Taking dudes at the right spots and at the rice the positions is 70% of the draft

Hakeem Adeniji is a similar player. Looks like he'll be there at our next pick. We could have had Jacob Eason there but I figure that was there last needs pick. From here on out it should be bap
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

It's a position of need obviously but at this point in the draft, you're not going to get immediate impact players. Small school kid, he'll get exposed by good NFL DE's initially but hopefully he can work his way into being a decent starter.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 01:36 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(04-25-2020, 01:20 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 01:10 PM)Upper Wrote: He has left tackle feet. He should develop there until he proves he can't. Long arms are important, light feet are importanter.

Well it's either: 

A. LT- Bartch RG- CROB
B. LT- CROB RG- Bartch 

Either way... LOL.

Substandard starters at both spots. Doesn't change anything. It seems like this is the part of the draft where Dave is mailing it in. I'm frustrated that he couldn't maneuver up to nab Kindley or Simpson, both of whom could've been legitimate competition to displace AJ Cann. Charles from LSU would've also been more meaningful competition for Cam. I hate drafting guys who will be strictly backups. You can find strictly backups as street free agents. Don't see much upside for Bartch at this level.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Bryce Hall is about as good as a player you can get at this juncture in thecdraft

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 01:37 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-25-2020, 12:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:42 PM)Dimson Wrote: There is always this guy every pick. Congratulations on being that guy.

I'm sorry that I want to see actual protection for our QB. Imagine not wanting your QB to get slaughtered? IMAGINEEEE? We drafted a developmental guy for an offensive line that needs immediate help at LT and RG. I'm so happy.

I don't get the reason to keep Caldwell, Marrone and Wash another year... Now we have to survive another year of Cann too...

C. Robinson is not good but if he actually goes down again... ugh...

(04-25-2020, 01:37 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:44 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I'm sorry that I want to see actual protection for our QB. Imagine not wanting your QB to get slaughtered? IMAGINEEEE? We drafted a developmental guy for an offensive line that needs immediate help at LT and RG. I'm so happy.

I don't get the reason to keep Caldwell, Marrone and Wash another year... Now we have to survive another year of Cann too...

C. Robinson is not good but if he actually goes down again... ugh...

It really makes no sense whatsoever,  especially Wash

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 01:44 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(04-25-2020, 01:36 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Bryce Hall is about as good as a player you can get at this juncture in thecdraft

I guess it's better to draft a 5'9 slot only corner from Western Michigan. That's why the scouts get paid the big bucks, eh? 

Wow, after round 3, the Jags approach with their surplus of picks is just to pile up some camp bodies. Disappointing.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I believe we just drafted our RG. But you guys go ahead and trash the pick. Nothing new

(04-25-2020, 02:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I believe we just drafted our RG. But you guys go ahead and trash the pick. Nothing new

We'll see. Looks like a LG/RG to me

(04-25-2020, 01:43 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 01:36 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Bryce Hall is about as good as a player you can get at this juncture in thecdraft

I guess it's better to draft a 5'9 slot only corner from Western Michigan. That's why the scouts get paid the big bucks, eh? 

Wow, after round 3, the Jags approach with their surplus of picks is just to pile up some camp bodies. Disappointing.

Defensive camp bodies at that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 03:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Love, love, love this pick! Yes, he's a small school guy. Yes, he make take a little time to fully develop, but I knew nothing about this kid until the Senior Bowl. He constantly got my attention. In fact, I will go as far as saying he was the most impressive O-Lineman I saw that week. He consistently stuffed his defenders at the line of scrimmage and allowed no penetration in the backfield. I think at best, he can be the new LT and at worst, he can compete for the starting RG spot. I honestly thought he's be gone by the time we pick.

(04-25-2020, 01:19 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 01:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: Bartch is a converted tight end, with his short arms being the biggest knock against him playing tackle. Know who else was a converted tight end with short arms? Jason Peters.

Nice, citing the exception to the rule. Cool, when we draft a QB in the sixth make sure you remind me that Brady went in the sixth 20 years ago

Brady went in the sixth 20 years ago

(04-25-2020, 01:43 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Michigan State, not Western Michigan.

Really like this pick a lot. Will be interesting to see where he eventually calls home for his position.

This was the last of our picks I really liked. Everything after this was meh or OK at best.

I was hoping we would bring in Biadasz, but evidently they felt they didn't need more than one new lineman to complete the group.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He held his own at thw Senior Bowl and he has really good feet. He will do just fine in the NFL.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I remember when everyone was "REEEEEEEEEing" at the sky because we done screwed up and didn't take Forest Lamp because he was 'sitting RIGHT THERE!!!!"

Que to 3 years, 9 games and 2 starts later.....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 09:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Impressive work against Alabama DE Terrell Lewis at the beggining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnZt0qnLME

Straight Stoned whatever Gator that was.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]