Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Bartch - Rd 4, Pick 116

Richardson played RT at NCS. Get ready to see more penalties from Cam this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-16-2020, 08:36 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Richardson played RT at NCS. Get ready to see more penalties from Cam this season.

Richardson was originally drafted by the Jags to replace Parnell at RT. Caldwell was transparent about this. 
I believe his exact words post-draft were "We see him as a right tackle."
He was not ready in year one, Parnell was still here anyway, and Richardson also suffered an injury that sent him to IR as a rookie. 

That said - Richardson's stint rotating at RG was simply a scenario where they needed someone to push and/or overtake a struggling AJ Cann. Richardson got the nod over the other extraneous middling backups that the roster held at that time. He did OK. 

As far as playing LT, he did play some there early last season and it was largely a boom or bust scenario. He looked really good on most snaps but really outsmarted or overpowered on a large enough number of snaps that they refocused his preparation on playing guard. 

The whole RT vs LT experience thing is a valid point but it really just comes down to individual dexterity and coordination.  Some guys can move from one side to the other quite naturally and others really struggle performing the mirror image of how they've learned to play. 
I don't think the move to the opposite side is an issue for Will Richardson. 
I think the issue is that he's a #129th overall pick that is being tasked with backing up or pushing to start at a spot where teams typically like to employ players who were drafted 3 rounds earlier than Richardson was. 
Add to this the fact that we have a particularly unimpressive O-Line coach preparing him to be a LT/swing tackle and the outlook gets less optimistic. 

Could he become a slightly better swing tackle that say, Josh Wells?  Yeah. Very possible. 
Is he going to save our season if Cam's issues turn out to be more than just injury recovery?  Doubtful.

(05-16-2020, 08:36 PM)Jagulars Wrote:  Get ready to see more penalties from Cam this season.

As in an increase in penalties? Or just more of the same?
What is this comment based on?

Either way... I think it's off base. I think we see marked improvement from Cam.

If there is a preseason he would be really interesting to watch. Man training camp would usually be within 60 days from now. Jonesing over here.

(05-17-2020, 10:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 08:36 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Richardson played RT at NCS. Get ready to see more penalties from Cam this season.

Richardson was originally drafted by the Jags to replace Parnell at RT. Caldwell was transparent about this. 
I believe his exact words post-draft were "We see him as a right tackle."
He was not ready in year one, Parnell was still here anyway, and Richardson also suffered an injury that sent him to IR as a rookie. 

That said - Richardson's stint rotating at RG was simply a scenario where they needed someone to push and/or overtake a struggling AJ Cann. Richardson got the nod over the other extraneous middling backups that the roster held at that time. He did OK. 

As far as playing LT, he did play some there early last season and it was largely a boom or bust scenario. He looked really good on most snaps but really outsmarted or overpowered on a large enough number of snaps that they refocused his preparation on playing guard. 

The whole RT vs LT experience thing is a valid point but it really just comes down to individual dexterity and coordination.  Some guys can move from one side to the other quite naturally and others really struggle performing the mirror image of how they've learned to play. 
I don't think the move to the opposite side is an issue for Will Richardson. 
I think the issue is that he's a #129th overall pick that is being tasked with backing up or pushing to start at a spot where teams typically like to employ players who were drafted 3 rounds earlier than Richardson was. 
Add to this the fact that we have a particularly unimpressive O-Line coach preparing him to be a LT/swing tackle and the outlook gets less optimistic. 

Could he become a slightly better swing tackle that say, Josh Wells?  Yeah. Very possible. 
Is he going to save our season if Cam's issues turn out to be more than just injury recovery?  Doubtful.

Is Cam on two bum knees objectively still more athletic than Will Richardson? I say announce it as an open competition, even if Cam is likely to get the nod. He needs to be pushed. Will can use the increased reps.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Had to come in the game for an injured Cann and Bartch has held his own so far.

Looks decent in the snaps he's accumulated in the game.

Let's hope he can be the change we need in the O-line.

O-line is not the problem.

Please please please don't do this again. He was my favorite pick from the draft and I do think he can be good, but please don't elevate him yet. We've hyped up soooooo many people who wound up being bad simply because they came in and had a tiny sample of competent play. Please just take a breath or two and wait.

(10-18-2020, 05:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: O-line is not the problem.

Yeah the run game was really succesful today... O line is FINEEEEE... JOKEEEE..

(10-18-2020, 03:15 PM)enigma Wrote: Had to come in the game for an injured Cann and Bartch has held his own so far.

Looks decent in the snaps he's accumulated in the game.

Let's hope he can be the change we need in the O-line.

(10-18-2020, 06:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Please please please don't do this again. He was my favorite pick from the draft and I do think he can be good, but please don't elevate him yet. We've hyped up soooooo many people who wound up being bad simply because they came in and had a tiny sample of competent play. Please just take a breath or two and wait.

Not sure that is elevating anyone.

It'd be something if he was called "great" or any other higher superlative.

I didn't say you did personally, but it happens damn near every time. Just be patient please everyone.

....I think this guy is definitely a 1st ballot hall of famer from what I saw today.