Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Collin Johnson - Rd 5, Pick 165

I don't get people constantly dismissing Conley. He had a solid year
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-19-2020, 09:13 AM)Rico Wrote: I don't get people constantly dismissing Conley.  He had a solid year

Conley's a freak once he gets the ball in his hands...  Deceptively fast, and just too big and strong for a lot of defensive backs to bring down.  I believe if he was a better route runner, he could star.

(05-19-2020, 08:54 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 06:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Overflowing with average talent.

WR options #1 Chark and #2 Shenault are super talented. 

Conley and Westbrook are no slouches athletically either. 

It's a young group, but they're at least middle of the pack in terms of potential.

Inexperienced, sure but just average, I don't think so. Chark is a potential star and if he stays healthy, I think he will be even better this year. Shenault has the look of an absolute weapon. Conley can take any ball to the house and DeDe has the knack of just getting open.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Yeah, folks were foolishly bashing the WR group before 2019 and they proved much better than those detractors attemted to lead us to believe.

Adding Gruden, a year of experience for the young QB, a couple of promising rookie receivers, and vet TE isn't going to make this group worse.
They are, at worst, middle of the pack, and very likely to be a productive unit that features matchup nightmares for a number of defenses they face. Fingers crossed that Gruden can capitalize.

(05-19-2020, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, folks were foolishly bashing the WR group before 2019 and they proved much better than those detractors attemted to lead us to believe.

Adding Gruden, a year of experience for the young QB, a couple of promising rookie receivers, and vet TE isn't going to make this group worse.
They are, at worst, middle of the pack, and very likely to be a productive unit that features matchup nightmares for a number of defenses they face. Fingers crossed that Gruden can capitalize.

Minshew definitely helped with that. Here has a knack for putting it right where only his guys can catch it and that is usually right on their hands. It also helps that Chark excels in back shoulder catches and that appears to be Minshew's money throw.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-19-2020, 09:45 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 08:54 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: WR options #1 Chark and #2 Shenault are super talented. 

It's a young group, but they're at least middle of the pack in terms of potential.

Inexperienced, sure but just average, I don't think so. Chark is a potential star and if he stays healthy, I think he will be even better this year. Shenault has the look of an absolute weapon. Conley can take any ball to the house and DeDe has the knack of just getting open.

I agree. If they had Drew Brees and New Orleans line, Westbrook and Chark would be household names. I was talking about production expectations. Don't expect Michael Thomas production out of Chark when Cam Robinson's penalties are putting Minshew in 3rd and long and Fournette is ankle tackled behind the line when Cann gets blown up. This is likely not a winning team next year. There's potential for garbage time stats, however.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 07:35 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-19-2020, 09:45 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 08:54 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: WR options #1 Chark and #2 Shenault are super talented. 

And I'd take Cole over any other teams 5th WR if that's what we are calling him.  How many other teams 5th WR has put up 186 yards in a game?  If Cole gets the time I think he has the ability to be WR 2. His upside is as high as any and not 1 WR on this roster has had a game like Cole did in that Hou. game, not to mention the multiple crazy 1 handed catches he has had

(05-26-2020, 07:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 09:45 AM)Dimson Wrote: Inexperienced, sure but just average, I don't think so. Chark is a potential star and if he stays healthy, I think he will be even better this year. Shenault has the look of an absolute weapon. Conley can take any ball to the house and DeDe has the knack of just getting open.

And I'd take Cole over any other teams 5th WR if that's what we are calling him.  How many other teams 5th WR has put up 186 yards in a game?  If Cole gets the time I think he has the ability to be WR 2.  His upside is as high as any and not 1 WR on this roster has had a game like Cole did in that Hou. game, not to mention the multiple crazy 1 handed catches he has had

Cole vs Hou 2017:
7 rec, 186 yds , 1 TD,  26.5 yds per rec

Chark vs Carolina 2019:
8 rec,  164 yds,  2 TD , 20.5 yds per catch

Pretty similar.  
I like Cole quite a bit and I want him around, but he's displayed the ability to drop into slump periods of bad hands. If he's past that, then he's a great guy to find some snaps for.  If he shows inconsistency with that then you have to give guys snaps that are more sure-handed. 
(Multiple crazy one handed catches really doesn't usually amount to much real consequence for an offense,  and I only count 3 such catches in three years from him anyway.)

Cole isn't anything special. Hes very inconsistent and has most likely reached his ceiling. If it comes down to him and johnson for a roster spot I'm taking johnson for the upside and red zone ability. He can be a nightmare matchup in the redzone.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 04:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-26-2020, 08:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: And I'd take Cole over any other teams 5th WR if that's what we are calling him.  How many other teams 5th WR has put up 186 yards in a game?  If Cole gets the time I think he has the ability to be WR 2.  His upside is as high as any and not 1 WR on this roster has had a game like Cole did in that Hou. game, not to mention the multiple crazy 1 handed catches he has had

Cole vs Hou 2017:

Chark vs Carolina 2019:

Pretty similar.  
I like Cole quite a bit and I want him around, but he's displayed the ability to drop into slump periods of bad hands. If he's past that, then he's a great guy to find some snaps for.  If he shows inconsistency with that then you have to give guys snaps that are more sure-handed. 
(Multiple crazy one handed catches really doesn't usually amount to much real consequence for an offense,  and I only count 3 such catches in three years from him anyway.)
How many drops did Cole have last year?  He was pretty consistent when he was put in the lineup.  Id like to see how many saps he was in on to get those 361 yards and 3 TDs.

(05-26-2020, 08:51 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Cole isn't anything special. Hes very inconsistent and has most likely reached his ceiling. If it comes down to him and johnson for a roster spot I'm taking johnson for the upside and red zone ability. He can be a nightmare matchup in the redzone.

Johnson will be the 6th WR

(05-26-2020, 04:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cole vs Hou 2017:

Chark vs Carolina 2019:

Pretty similar.  
How many drops did Cole have last year?  He was pretty consistent when he was put in the lineup.  Id like to see how many saps he was in on to get those 361 yards and 3 TDs.
It's his 2018 numbers that caused him to take a back seat last year -  and last year is a pretty small sample to determine whether he's outgrown his hands issues or not.  He'll have to convince coaches this offseason he's worthy of more than 380 snaps and 35 targets. 
2019: 24 receptions - 1 drop  - 380 snaps - 35 targets
2018: 38 receptions - 7 drops - 687 snaps - 70 targets

Cole and Minshew seemed to have a good rapport since that Denver game. 2-3 rec. A game it seemed and alot of them were on 3rd and long or clutch.

I'd say Conley was his favorite receiver for YAC he made some nice ays last year like in Denver, oak and Indy.

Colin Johnson will be featured on the Jags S.M. tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/12653...84032?s=20

Mark my words. Oliver is going to be a stud. Probably a top 5 TE in the NFL.

He led the country in receiving for a TE in college. Dude can play.

(05-27-2020, 03:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Mark my words. Oliver is going to be a stud. Probably a top 5 TE in the NFL.

Doubt it but I hope you're right. That would be fantastic for Minshew to have that kind of weapon to work with.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-27-2020, 03:48 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Mark my words. Oliver is going to be a stud. Probably a top 5 TE in the NFL.

Just like when you just knew McCaffrey wouldn't be good right?

Looking at his highlights he looks kinda stiff, not as fast as his 40 time and not quick at all. Seems to have good hands though.
If Eifert is healthy he is the starter.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(04-25-2020, 03:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:08 PM)enigma Wrote: How about Shenault?

Chark, Shenault, Conley, Westbrook, Cole, Johnson, Eifert, Oliver.

This isn't madden where you draft 100 wr's like the Raiders when you have glaring holes at other positions/depth and still get an A grade.

The second round pick who doesn't know how to either run routes or stay on the field? Great! Meanwhile, we'll get to actually watch our QB die on the field this year, maybe more than once.

Very well said.  An injury prone scat or hybrid receiver.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He's pretty good for a fourth receiver so imagine what we have Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence next year
[Image: giphy.gif]

Led the team in recieving 2 straight week with Chark out there yesterday

(11-29-2020, 05:55 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: He's pretty good for a fourth receiver so imagine what we have Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence next year

Receiver is now a strength. Three young guns under contract and extending Cole will be an easy choice (if he's up for renewal). Westbrook and Conley can walk. I hope the new GM steers clear of drafting receivers next year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt