Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jameis Winston to the Saints

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like it he still has a lot of talent and upside and sitting and learning could be good for him.

If he doesn't learn the position with Payton and Brees, he won't with anyone.  Personality and temperament remain other issues I'm skeptical he'll ever resolve.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I don't know. It says something about his personality that he'd take a job there just to get better.

Id be interested in the parameters of the deal. Between him, Brees, and the deal they gave Taysom Hill...thats a lot of money lined up in QB....although Taysom does offer versatility

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

For a guy that the Saints see as the successor to Brees, Taysom Hill sure does keep getting dumped on.

Best move he could have made. He may still be able to be great someday

(04-27-2020, 12:04 PM)TJBender Wrote: For a guy that the Saints see as the successor to Brees, Taysom Hill sure does keep getting dumped on.
He just signed a new contract that makes him the highest paid backup in the league....

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2020, 10:37 AM by Kane.)

(04-28-2020, 07:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 12:04 PM)TJBender Wrote: For a guy that the Saints see as the successor to Brees, Taysom Hill sure does keep getting dumped on.
He just signed a new contract that makes him the highest paid backup in the league....

I also don't know if the GM sees him as a successor to Brees or views him the same way that Payton does. Hill's 2 year deal is substantial, but not exactly a long term successor type contract per se.
Winston is their Bridgewater this year I think. If Brees is hurt, he'll come in and fill in for a few games. Hill is just too talented as a swiss army knife type to let go. And they had to pay him or risk losing him to another team that could use him much in the same way.
After the season, especially if Winston gets some playing time, he'll move on to another team that needs a stop-gap/bridge starter, imo.

I think this is a good decision by Jameis Winston. Having the opportunity to learn from Sean Payton, a former QB Coach with a tremendous coaching track record on the Offensive side of the ball, and Drew Brees, increases the chances of Winston becoming more consistent when/ if his next extended opportunity occurs. The decision also indicates increased maturity by Winston.

(04-30-2020, 01:14 PM)D6 Wrote: I think this is a good decision by  Jameis Winston.  Having the opportunity to learn from Sean Payton, a former QB Coach with a tremendous coaching track record on the Offensive side of the ball,  and Drew Brees, increases the chances of Winston becoming more consistent when/ if  his next extended opportunity occurs.  The decision also indicates increased maturity by Winston.

Yeah, he just may have to be careful not to be a cap casualty. I'm sure there's some funk in the New Orleans water, but the money they have tied up in QBs is surreal. Plus, they drafted another gadget QB in the seventh, who apparently was on the Panthers' radar. I don't think they'll get away with stashing that guy on the PS. No way in heck they start the season with 4 QB on the roster.