Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Aaron Rodgers retire?

I think there's a good chance he does-
   - he doesn't need any more money, he has to be all set there
   - he saw them draft his replacement, a first-rounder
   - he saw them draft an average RB (Dillon from BC) instead of a WR
   - he will be 37 this year, why risk injury
   - he is a hero in Green Bay and Wisconsin and can go out on top
   - if it matters to him, he likely is already in the HOF
   - Most important- Covid 19

Why would he risk the coronavirus and a serious injury at his age? I don't think he will.

I also wonder if the GB management knows something along these lines and that's why they drafted Jordan Love.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would be stunned if he retired. Rodgers seems far, far too competitive to allow his career to end on that loss in San Francisco back in January. Green Bay drafting Jordan Love seems similar to how they treated Brett Favre. Green Bay wants to get ahead of his decline and start preparing for the future. I think the intent is that Rodgers will have maybe this year and next year, and then whether he's ready to retire or not matters not to Green Bay.

As he'll be nearing 40 years of age and Love should have at least two good years under his belt with that offensive system. And that leaves them with the next two years to see if he can handle the job or not. They're just repeating their history with Favre/Rodgers as it was proven to work over a decade ago. It'll be interested to see if Rodgers greets Love with open arms or a cold shoulder as it was reported when he arrived in Green Bay behind Brett Favre.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm betting on the cold shoulder, you?

(04-27-2020, 10:16 AM)PF* Wrote: I'm betting on the cold shoulder, you?

100% with the Cold Shoulder. Aaron has been known to be a dick head over the years. I don't expect him to embrace him at all.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2020, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote: I think there's a good chance he does-
   - he doesn't need any more money, he has to be all set there
   - he saw them draft his replacement, a first-rounder
   - he saw them draft an average RB (Dillon from BC) instead of a WR
   - he will be 37 this year, why risk injury
   - he is a hero in Green Bay and Wisconsin and can go out on top
   - if it matters to him, he likely is already in the HOF
   - Most important- Covid 19

Why would he risk the coronavirus and a serious injury at his age? I don't think he will.

I also wonder if the GB management knows something along these lines and that's why they drafted Jordan Love.

You left out that he's dating Danica Patrick.

[Image: f618d459d175db2dccfe6ca2c284fbe9.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

They draft a QB so he takes his ball and goes home? 

Don't really see it.

(04-27-2020, 02:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: They draft a QB so he takes his ball and goes home? 

Don't really see it.

Not so much that, the competitor in him will come out in that regard. I'm thinking more along the virus line, that he may look at all he has, including Danica Patrick (I didn't know that  Tongue ) , and just say he's had enough and walk away.

Eventually.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

No.

I'd put the over/under at 2024. Brett Favre sure as hell didn't retire when Rodgers showed up.

Rodgers will retire and then unretire, until finally playing with a division rival. Thus will the cycle be complete.

Nah. This will just make him play even harder. Love will be trades before Rodgers retires.

The Patriots drafted guys like Rohan Davey, Jocoby Brissett, Jimmy Gorappolo, Stidham. Most of these guys got traded.

Love might not ever see the field unless he requests a trade.

Again, this is more about the virus than the competition. I'll not be surprised if he hangs 'em up.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2020, 10:33 AM by Kane.)

Nah.
Love isn't going to supplant Rodgers.

My money is on what Vic Ketchman has alluded to recently. Rodgers plays this year as a Packer and after this season the Pack takes serious consideration into trading him. If not after 2020 season then probably after 2021 when his cap hit is minimal.

Good front offices plan for the future. The GM and HC are a new regime. Rodgers isn't their guy. But some team that is QB desperate will certainly cough up some good draft capital for a year or two push with Rodgers. (Bears [though doubtful they trade him there], Jags, Saints, Rams, and maybe a few others could all be in the conversation post 2020/2021)

(04-29-2020, 10:33 AM)Kane Wrote: Nah.
Love isn't going to supplant Rodgers.

My money is on what Vic Ketchman has alluded to recently. Rodgers plays this year as a Packer and after this season the Pack takes serious consideration into trading him. If not after 2020 season then probably after 2021 when his cap hit is minimal.

Good front offices plan for the future. The GM and HC are a new regime. Rodgers isn't their guy. But some team that is QB desperate will certainly cough up some good draft capital for a year or two push with Rodgers. (Bears [though doubtful they trade him there], Jags, Saints, Rams, and maybe a few others could all be in the conversation post 2020/2021)

The 49ers are another team that comes to mind,  based on their current QB situation,  the type of Offense the 49ers use under Kyle Shanahan, and Rogers'  SF Bay Area roots.

(04-28-2020, 06:31 PM)PF* Wrote: Again, this is more about the virus than the competition. I'll not be surprised if he hangs 'em up.

There is a 0% chance he retires. And honestly what does the coronavirus have to do with it? You think Aaron Rodgers is going to sit in his house for the next 10 years to not risk getting the flu? You obviously dont know this mans personality very well.

(05-04-2020, 10:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:31 PM)PF* Wrote: Again, this is more about the virus than the competition. I'll not be surprised if he hangs 'em up.

There is a 0% chance he retires. And honestly what does the coronavirus have to do with it? You think Aaron Rodgers is going to sit in his house for the next 10 years to not risk getting the flu? You obviously dont know this mans personality very well.

You seriously don't see what the coronavirus has to do with it?

(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)PF* Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 10:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: There is a 0% chance he retires. And honestly what does the coronavirus have to do with it? You think Aaron Rodgers is going to sit in his house for the next 10 years to not risk getting the flu? You obviously dont know this mans personality very well.

Yes, I seriously don't,  please explain? Should everyone retire and never go back to work because of the coronavirus?

(05-04-2020, 10:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

I agree.

Ridiculous thread.

- he doesn't need any more money, he has to be all set there This has been the case for years, so?
   - he saw them draft his replacement, a first-rounder Because Love is a sure thing and he is ready to play day one?
   - he saw them draft an average RB (Dillon from BC) instead of a WR  he still has Adams and puts good numbers every year
   - he will be 37 this year, why risk injury Brady is 43 and Brees 41 both SB winners with more than enough money
   - he is a hero in Green Bay and Wisconsin and can go out on top in 2 years it will probably be the same
   - if it matters to him, he likely is already in the HOF Same for Brady and Brees
   - Most important- Covid 19 same for every player in the league
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 01:51 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)PF* Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 10:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: There is a 0% chance he retires. And honestly what does the coronavirus have to do with it? You think Aaron Rodgers is going to sit in his house for the next 10 years to not risk getting the flu? You obviously dont know this mans personality very well.

Seriously. People need to stop living in perpetual fear, its really off putting and boring. It's an intelligence test. You can't live life in a bubble, and the facts are coming out that "cases" are being piled on for financial gain, truthful or not. USA TODAY just released an article that doctors/hospitals get more funding/pay for saying patients have the virus. In some cases patients were added as cases, without even confirming they had the virus! There was also the article from the NYTimes and Miami Herald that 66% of all new NY cases are from folks following the stay at home order. 

Even with the slanted test results(early testing was only done on more severe cases) the mortality rate is still quite low. You have ~98.6% chance of survival with no comorbidities. 95% survival chance over 60 in the same scenario. Please realize that the majority of cases, people are so unaffected by this virus, they didn't even know they had it or show very minor symptoms. I'm so tired of the over reaction, people die from illness related disease and viruses every day. TB claimed 1.6 million lives in 2017. The 2009 Pandemic (H1N1pmd09) higher end estimates claim 60.8 million cases and 12k deaths in the US. Over half a million worldwide died in a span of 20 months in 2009. Where was the shutdowns and stay at home orders then? Let's stop pretending we care more now and spare me the selective concerns/sympathy.

IN TERMS OF RODGERS: He will not retire. 0% chance. Crazy thread.

(05-13-2020, 04:55 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)PF* Wrote: You seriously don't see what the coronavirus has to do with it?

Yes, I seriously don't,  please explain? Should everyone retire and never go back to work because of the coronavirus?

We disagree and that's fine.