Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Aaron Rodgers retire?

(05-13-2020, 09:24 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 10:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: There is a 0% chance he retires. And honestly what does the coronavirus have to do with it? You think Aaron Rodgers is going to sit in his house for the next 10 years to not risk getting the flu? You obviously dont know this mans personality very well.

I agree.

Ridiculous thread.

- he doesn't need any more money, he has to be all set there This has been the case for years, so?
   - he saw them draft his replacement, a first-rounder Because Love is a sure thing and he is ready to play day one?
   - he saw them draft an average RB (Dillon from BC) instead of a WR  he still has Adams and puts good numbers every year
   - he will be 37 this year, why risk injury Brady is 43 and Brees 41 both SB winners with more than enough money
   - he is a hero in Green Bay and Wisconsin and can go out on top in 2 years it will probably be the same
   - if it matters to him, he likely is already in the HOF Same for Brady and Brees
   - Most important- Covid 19 same for every player in the league

All good points, thanks.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2020, 07:50 AM by NH3.)

Aaron Rodgers will be going through and following the path of Bret Farve. Drafting their replacements while trying to keep them on the bench. As for retirement, Rodgers isn't ready for that at this point and time. And what does CV19 has to do w/his decision making process?
It's nothing but an severe cold. C'mon posters!

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-13-2020, 04:55 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 01:45 PM)PF* Wrote: You seriously don't see what the coronavirus has to do with it?

Yes, I seriously don't,  please explain? 

How's that coming for you? See any connection yet?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-27-2020, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote: I think there's a good chance he does-
   - he doesn't need any more money, he has to be all set there
   - he saw them draft his replacement, a first-rounder
   - he saw them draft an average RB (Dillon from BC) instead of a WR
   - he will be 37 this year, why risk injury
   - he is a hero in Green Bay and Wisconsin and can go out on top
   - if it matters to him, he likely is already in the HOF
   - Most important- Covid 19

Why would he risk the coronavirus and a serious injury at his age? I don't think he will.

I also wonder if the GB management knows something along these lines and that's why they drafted Jordan Love.

You left out that he's dating Danica Patrick.

They are no longer an item.  They broke up.

(07-29-2020, 05:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You left out that he's dating Danica Patrick.

Tell me about it. She won’t leave me alone.

Maybe it’s because I owe her money.

(07-28-2020, 05:05 PM)PF* Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 04:55 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yes, I seriously don't,  please explain? 

How's that coming for you? See any connection yet?

Nope. When Aaron  Rodgers gives his retirement speech and blames the corona virus sending him into early retirement then I'll see the connection that you tried to forge in this god awful thread.

(07-29-2020, 05:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: You left out that he's dating Danica Patrick.

Meh.. like Lee Trevino says (paraphrasing).  No matter how hot they are, somewhere there is some guy that was sick of putting up with her [BLEEP].

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-29-2020, 06:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 05:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: They are no longer an item.  They broke up.

Tell me about it. She won’t leave me alone.
You're lucky. Most women wouldn't enjoy the twelve second service time.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-31-2020, 10:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-29-2020, 06:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tell me about it. She won’t leave me alone.
You're lucky. Most women wouldn't enjoy the twelve second service time.

I refer to it as lap time. As the trophy winner, that's all that matters.

(08-01-2020, 10:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 10:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You're lucky. Most women wouldn't enjoy the twelve second service time.

I refer to it as lap time. As the trophy winner, that's all that matters.

Generous of her to let you finish on top.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 06:34 AM by NH3.)

(04-27-2020, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote: I think there's a good chance he does-
   - he doesn't need any more money, he has to be all set there
   - he saw them draft his replacement, a first-rounder
   - he saw them draft an average RB (Dillon from BC) instead of a WR
   - he will be 37 this year, why risk injury
   - he is a hero in Green Bay and Wisconsin and can go out on top
   - if it matters to him, he likely is already in the HOF
   - Most important- Covid 19

Why would he risk the coronavirus and a serious injury at his age? I don't think he will.

I also wonder if the GB management knows something along these lines and that's why they drafted Jordan Love.

You left out that he's dating Danica Patrick.

[Image: f618d459d175db2dccfe6ca2c284fbe9.jpg]
They're no longer dating. She was too fast for him to which drove him crazy. Tee Hee Hee. ;-)

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-28-2020, 05:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Nah. This will just make him play even harder. Love will be trades before Rodgers retires.

The Patriots drafted guys like Rohan Davey, Jocoby Brissett, Jimmy Gorappolo, Stidham. Most of these guys got traded.

Love might not ever see the field unless he requests a trade.

I think that would be the logical scenario if egos weren't involved. But here's how it will likely play out. 

The new GM drafted Love and will sponsor him till the bitter end like Caldwell did with Bortles. That's just how first-time GMs operate. They're not as adept at cutting bait as older hands. 

The new GM was eager to draft a QB because he wants to move from a 37-year-old prima donna for whom he can get a bounty of picks if Love is ready to take over in 2021. It also buys the new GM more time, as there will logically be growing pains. He essentially gets a three-year free pass on his tenure as GM instead of two more since Love isn't expected to start next year, and Love can't be fully assessed until his second year starting. It would have been a smooth move, except he probably drafted the wrong QB. 

My prediction: The transition from Rodgers to Love will be a long-winded joke with a weak punch line. Rodgers will make another team instant contenders, but they won't go far in the playoffs because he'll be even more diminished in another year or two. He's already won his Super Bowl, so his Canton bust is secure.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

He probably should have just retired, you were right.