Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags favorites to get Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

(05-15-2020, 12:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How so?

Coming back to Earth or not.... Jackson is not yet elite, silly claim. Same with Jimmy G.
These guys have not earned such a title as "elite"
No way no how.
Is Mahomes elite?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-15-2020, 12:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How so?

Coming back to Earth or not.... Jackson is not yet elite, silly claim. Same with Jimmy G.
No way no how.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I’ll be honest, I don’t know how you can be MVP and not be elite

Woof woof

(05-18-2020, 03:05 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’ll be honest, I don’t know how you can be MVP and not be elite

Woof woof

Barring a fluke of fluke years, it is impossible to not be elite and win the MVP.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-27-2020, 08:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 03:05 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’ll be honest, I don’t know how you can be MVP and not be elite

Woof woof

Barring a fluke of fluke years, it is impossible to not be elite and win the MVP.

Even if you think it’s a fluke year, for the 2019 season, he is elite. Out of every player who brings value to a team he was the best and brought the most value.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2020, 12:41 PM by Andy G.)

Hypothetical, but if Lawrence has an average year and someone else (possibly Fields) has an outstanding year, do you still pick Lawrence first, because you are THAT convinced he is the best QB available?

Or do you take the evidence of the last two college seasons and pick the player who has performed the best?

(05-15-2020, 12:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 12:10 PM)Kane Wrote: Coming back to Earth or not.... Jackson is not yet elite, silly claim. Same with Jimmy G.
No way no how.
Is Mahomes elite?
Yes.

He earned it with 2 stellar seasons of play, an MVP title, and a SB victory. All the while constantly stomping mudholes in bad teams and bringing his team back down by two scores multiple times against good teams.

(05-27-2020, 12:41 PM)Andy G Wrote: Hypothetical, but if Lawrence has an average year and someone else (possibly Fields) has an outstanding year, do you still pick Lawrence first, because you are THAT convinced he is the best QB available?

Or do you take the evidence of the last two college seasons and pick the player who has performed the best?

No way (though I'm not nearly as high on Lawrence as most of the fan boys on here are)
Burrow was an afterthought. Then 2019 happened. Tua was supposed to be the top guy. Herbert was in conversation too to be up there.

What happens next season matters. If Minshew isn't the man (he will be) then you don't take the guy everyone was fawning over in 2019, you take the guy who was the best in 2020, especially if it's a guy like Fields who was also very good in 2019.

And that’s why I think the coronation of Lawrence as the next Luck/Manning feels a bit premature.

Of course he could have a down year, be the second QB off the board and still turn out to be Manning, Luck and Brady all rolled into one. But maybe he’s not.

Another comparison could be Sam Darnold. I’m not saying they’re similar players, but everyone was raving about him going into his final season. And he’s not lived up to that, yet.

(05-27-2020, 06:06 PM)Andy G Wrote: And that’s why I think the coronation of Lawrence as the next Luck/Manning feels a bit premature.

Of course he could have a down year, be the second QB off the board and still turn out to be Manning, Luck and Brady all rolled into one. But maybe he’s not.

Another comparison could be Sam Darnold. I’m not saying they’re similar players, but everyone was raving about him going into his final season. And he’s not lived up to that, yet.
Coaching matters a ton. Darnold has had some pretty abysmal coaching. If he were with Reid, Pederson, Payton or someone who knows how to utilize QBs, I think his overall play would look very different.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 07:26 PM by Andy G.)

Yes, Darnold could still become the player people thought he would be. Or fail because he’s with a bad organisation. Or fail because he wasn’t good enough to elevate a bad team.

But the reason I used him as example is because the season before his draft he was being held up as a potential superstar. A likely number one pick. Teams wanted to “suck for Sam”. And yet when draft day came around Baker Mayfield was the number one pick. And Darnold had to wait.

Lawrence has probably got enough momentum to be number one next April. But history has shown a lot can change.

I don't seen any reason at all why Lawrence will lose any momentum. He's already even or ahead of Luck in prospect rarity (and not likely to not live up to that promise like Luck.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We wont be picking top five so it doesnt matter.