Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans releasing Tashaun Gipson

(05-05-2020, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its funny that Colvin and Gipson both signed big multi year deals with the Texans and they both lasted one season with Hou.

It seems pretty normal to me.  

It's a very common trajectory for NFL players whose prior teams released them or didn't attempt to retain them.  
Most of them were allowed to walk for a reason - then the next team learns more about that reason and elects to move on as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is going to ball for the Bears, just watch.

(05-05-2020, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its funny that Colvin and Gipson both signed big multi year deals with the Texans and they both lasted one season with Hou.

People in here thought Colvin was the best NB in the NFL.  Rolleyes (just like they thought we could get a 1st and a 3rd for Yan when he can't stop the run)
Gipson was slightly above average.

Just shows how this MB always give our players too much credit for nothing.

They are already talking about Chris Thompson as if he was Marshall Faulk or something.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-06-2020, 10:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

People in here thought Colvin was the best NB in the NFL.  Rolleyes (just like they thought we could get a 1st and a 3rd for Yan when he can't stop the run)

They are already talking about Chris Thompson as if he was Marshall Faulk or something.

Can you produce something that said that?  I certainly don't remember it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-28-2020, 07:09 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 07:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: From reading the thread on the Houston message board, it appears that he had some late-season injuries.  

Unless he's a whole lot better than some younger, healthier guy on our roster, I would pass.  He's 29 years old, and since we are in rebuilding mode, that's not the kind of player you want taking up a roster spot.

I understand your points, but I still disagree.

Our defense could use some quality veteran leadership.. especially with the departure of almost all of our vets.

Aging players become an issue for 2 things: Injuries, and  slowing down/ lack of production. T Gip hasn’t suffered much from either, he’s always been in great shape, and 29 ain’t anywhere near 35.

Also, even if he’s gotten any slower it doesn’t matter too much because he’s playing safety.. not CB.

I’ll stick to my guns here. I think he’d be a great signing.

In accordance to multiple late season injuries to which were more severe than initially anticipated, resigning Gip would be a mistake in my opinion. When an veteran is released, it's either an salary cap, age and or injury issue. His recent injuries has been documented. Signing an veteran for leadership purposes implies that that person has to be on the field of play leading the team. Gip won't supplant our existing safeties.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-06-2020, 04:09 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 10:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: People in here thought Colvin was the best NB in the NFL.  Rolleyes (just like they thought we could get a 1st and a 3rd for Yan when he can't stop the run)

Of course he can't... All he does is talk out of his [BLEEP]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 06:19 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(08-09-2020, 04:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 04:09 PM)Rico Wrote: Can you produce something that said that?  I certainly don't remember it.

Of course he can't... All he does is talk out of his [BLEEP]

My oh my, someone is hurt LMAO.

(05-06-2020, 04:09 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 10:45 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: People in here thought Colvin was the best NB in the NFL.  Rolleyes (just like they thought we could get a 1st and a 3rd for Yan when he can't stop the run)

It was said along with Greene being the best PR in the league... pretty sure it was jagsfanatic24 or whatever his name is.
I am not gonna look for it, sorry. If you guys don't wanna believe me, that's ok, I don't care anyway  Smile
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-16-2020, 06:17 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 04:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Of course he can't... All he does is talk out of his [BLEEP]

My oh my, someone is hurt LMAO.

(05-06-2020, 04:09 PM)Rico Wrote: Can you produce something that said that?  I certainly don't remember it.

It was said along with Greene being the best PR in the league... pretty sure it was jagsfanatic24 or whatever his name is.
I am not gonna look for it, sorry. If you guys don't wanna believe me, that's ok, I don't care anyway  Smile

Obviously.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]