Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andy Dalton?

I'm on the fence. I'd only get him as a backup. I don't want a QB competition. I want Minshew to have a full opportunity, without having to look over his shoulder.

Also, we're obviously not on a one-year plan here. All of our actions have indicated at least a two year rebuilding plan, if not more. So we should make this decision with that in mind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2020, 07:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm on the fence.  I'd only get him as a backup.  I don't want a QB competition.  I want Minshew to have a full opportunity, without having to look over his shoulder.  

Also, we're obviously not on a one-year plan here.  All of our actions have indicated at least a two year rebuilding plan, if not more.   So we should make this decision with that in mind.

Dont worry if he's signed Minshew will still be the week 1 QB and the competition won't be real

Welp, looks like we aren't getting Dalton after 48 hours have gone by. Patriots have the inside track.

He is a cowboy
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020, 09:44 PM by mal234.)

(05-02-2020, 09:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is a cowboy

I didn't expect him to sign with that team, lol. That's interesting, though. Especially considering the team hasn't signed a long term deal with Dak yet. (Though, I do believe that the team wants to continue to have Dak as the starter and finalize a deal with him.) Andy will be a solid backup for them and could start if necessary.

Yep as think that the Cowboys will have to workout a deal with Prescott like Zeke Elliott last year. Andy has been nothing but class no matter what.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(05-02-2020, 09:38 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 09:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is a cowboy

I didn't expect him to sign with that team, lol. That's interesting, though. Especially considering the team hasn't signed a long term deal with Dak yet. (Though, I do believe that the team wants to continue to have Dak as the starter and finalize a deal with him.) Andy will be a solid backup for them and could start if necessary.

Given that he lives in Dallas with his family already during the offseason, it makes sense during a 2020 season that may be delayed, cut short, have limitations on getting to facilities, etc.

Dallas has a decision to make on Dak now. IMO, he isn't worth $28-30 mill or whatever he wants, that kind of contract can cripple a franchise obviously. Dalton has forced the issue. Great signing.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if Dallas won't just let him walk. Using the Brady scenario as an EXTREMELY loose comparison, the Patriots (Belichick finallt convinced Kraft) did not want to pay TB12 $30 mill/yr for a few reasons- he's 43, he isn't that good (last years QBR was like 58-60), BB needs to rebuild the team and giving him 30 mill stops it right there.

Might Dallas think the same way? Dak really isn't all that and they may see fit to not pay him, go with Dalton and continue to build the team around him as they look for the next guy.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I thought that we had a shot at getting him, but I understand why he would sign with Dallas and not have to relocate his family.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(05-03-2020, 09:40 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I thought that we had a shot at getting him, but I understand why he would sign with Dallas and not have to relocate his family.

Yes, clearly the right decision for him.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

But wait....Gruden...he's sure to sign here...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-03-2020, 01:06 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 09:38 PM)mal234 Wrote: I didn't expect him to sign with that team, lol. That's interesting, though. Especially considering the team hasn't signed a long term deal with Dak yet. (Though, I do believe that the team wants to continue to have Dak as the starter and finalize a deal with him.) Andy will be a solid backup for them and could start if necessary.

Given that he lives in Dallas with his family already during the offseason, it makes sense during a 2020 season that may be delayed, cut short, have limitations on getting to facilities, etc.

This.  Also... gives him a chance to step back a year, and be prepared for the QB market the following season.

From what I'm hearing, there weren't any serious contacts/offers for him.  Teams were mostly settled on their moving forward plans.  Cam is still out there, too.

Interesting though, the Bears were his closest to a bite and the Jags snuffed it with their Foles trade.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-04-2020, 08:29 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 01:06 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Given that he lives in Dallas with his family already during the offseason, it makes sense during a 2020 season that may be delayed, cut short, have limitations on getting to facilities, etc.

Cam is still out there, too.

Interesting though, the Bears were his closest to a bite and the Jags snuffed it with their Foles trade.

I'm not saying nobody will sign Cam... but I think he's pretty close to done.
Between the injuries (Lisfranc is no joke for sure), age, and general decline in play where he hasn't looked anywhere near his SB 2015 self... 
I don't see Cam Newton as a long term starter in the NFL again. Maybe he gets a shot here or there when someone gets hurt. Maybe he even has a solid season somewhere... but he's Carson Palmer at this point... he's Byron Leftwich... he's... toast, imo.
I mean there are reports he's not willing to accept a backup role. Not sure there are a whole lot of starter jobs available.

Maybe when teams can get a good look at his health someone like the Pats are possible... but I'm doubtful.