Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Khans

(06-04-2020, 09:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 08:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Ever wonder why we're the 31st ranked teams in wins over the past decade?  Part of the reason is because we always get lowball coaches.  Look at what other (mostly consistent) playoff teams spend on coaches.  Our coaches always hover around the $3 million to $4 million dollar mark.  Why not go out and pay top dollar to get a Bill Cowher, someone that can load up his staff with experienced winning coaches --- I"m only using Bill Cowher as an example of someone that may have been available over the past 10 years when we were going through Mularkey, Bradley, and Marrone --- as noted above, I think Shad likes to go cheap on coaches and that is partially the reason we are the 2nd to worst team of the decade.

Top-10 NFL coaching salaries

1. Bill Belichick: $12 million
2. Pete Carroll: $11 million
3. Jon Gruden: $10 million
4. Sean Payton: $9.8 million
5. John Harbaugh: $9 million
6. Matt Rhule: $8.5 million
7. Sean McVay: $8.5 million
T-8. Mike Tomlin: $8 million
T-8. Dan Quinn: $8 million
T-8. Andy Reid: $8 million
Reid is criminally underpaid.

I would throw 15 million a year at him. No chance he leaves Mahomes but hey, take a shot!

I've always kinda wondered why one of these multi billionaires hasn't just gone insane spending on coaching. It's one of the few non capped areas that could really be exploited IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-18-2020, 09:35 PM)Upper Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 09:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Reid is criminally underpaid.

I would throw 15 million a year at him. No chance he leaves Mahomes but hey, take a shot!

I've always kinda wondered why one of these multi billionaires hasn't just gone insane spending on coaching. It's one of the few non capped areas that could really be exploited IMO.

I totally agree.  I mean, Ryan Tannyhill just got a 4-year $118 million dollar contract (averaging $30 million per year).  Then you turn around and pay your coach $5 million doesn't make sense.  Throw Belechik $20 million + $10 million for his staff and there's your $30 million.