Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post 2020 draft record predictions?

We won 6 games last year in a [BLEEP] show of distractions and injuries. I think it is likely we beat that record. We aren't a good team, aren't a bad team. It feels like we will end up in the middle somewhere. The schedule is top heavy, but there are a lot of winnable match-ups.

7-9 to 9-7 based on luck and some players taking positive steps in their development.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-04-2020, 11:32 AM)rufftime Wrote: We won 6 games last year in a [BLEEP] show of distractions and injuries.  I think it is likely we beat that record.  We aren't a good team, aren't a bad team.  It feels like we will end up in the middle somewhere.  The schedule is top heavy, but there are a lot of winnable match-ups.

7-9 to 9-7 based on luck and some players taking positive steps in their development.

Many have this logic and I am not saying you are wrong but I do not undestand it?

We were 6-10 last year so we are going to get more wins this year?   The math does not add up.

The Jags are a much less talented team in 2020 than 2019.  Rookies are playing key roles right away in 2020 and that is almost never good.  

Doing the math the equation is the problem:  2020 Jags (less talent) vs 2020 schedule (more difficult) = more wins?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-04-2020, 11:32 AM)rufftime Wrote: We won 6 games last year in a [BLEEP] show of distractions and injuries.  I think it is likely we beat that record.  We aren't a good team, aren't a bad team.  It feels like we will end up in the middle somewhere.  The schedule is top heavy, but there are a lot of winnable match-ups.

Whether you think Henderson will be good or not, this secondary is going to get torched. O line is still terrible.

Jags are the worst team in the AFC south.... 7-9 is pushing it I think. 7-9 may be best case scenario if Watson, Tannehill and Rivers get hurt.

2-14 because the schedule too hard
[Image: giphy.gif]

We gonna be 10-6 and win the division.
We gonna squeak by Buffalo here in our stadium in the Wild Card Game.
Then, go up to the Raven stadium and get a big lead, then Lamrar Jackson leads a furious come back to decrease the lead but we come out victorious.
Then, we go to the Chiefs. We come out strong but get conservative the Chiefs only down by a score or 2. 2nd half is a back and forth nail biter. We pull off a narrow victory.
Then, we beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the most thrilling back and forth Super Bowl ever.

3-13, hopefully I am wrong but, this has to be one of the least talented teams I have seen since 2013. Atleast their is a bunch of youth potential, Mineshew if he sucks stleast it will put us in a position for Lawrence or and Arodge trade(if he would even report).
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 06:36 PM by ATLjag.)

7-9. The offense will be slightly better with Minshew gaining experience, 4Net in a contract year, the use of a true 3rd down back, and the additions of Eifert and Shenault. Although young, the defense has added pieces that should do a better job of stopping the run (that killed them last season). If the D-Coordinator can figure out how to effectively use a combination of Allen, Ngakoue (hoping he plays), and Chaisson, there is some high upside to being disruptive.

simple jags will be 0-0 like all other 31 teams. no football this year. its possbille we may not have sports again until 2022.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 07:11 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(05-04-2020, 07:05 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: simple jags will be 0-0 like all other 31 teams. no football this year. its possbille we may not have sports again until 2022.

Don’t talk that way. This so called pandemic will fade this summer or move a few more states reopen. The American people are fatigued by this and it’s only people who want to sabotage the country’s economy for political reasons who are pushing for spectator less sports and other nonsense.

(05-04-2020, 07:10 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 07:05 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: simple jags will be 0-0 like all other 31 teams. no football this year. its possbille we may not have sports again until 2022.

Don’t talk that way. This so called pandemic will fade this summer once a few more states reopen. The American people are fatigued by this and it’s only people who want to sabotage the country’s economy for political reasons who are pushing for spectator less sports and other nonsense.

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Super tough schedule. Bad team, bad coaching.

5-11

If you'd like to place every dollar that you have on that, I will gladly relieve you of you money.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Trying to be positive but

@Baltimore
@Cincinnati 
@Green Bay
@Minnesota 
@LA Chargers 

Damn. No pressure Minshew.

(05-04-2020, 08:03 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Trying to be positive but

@Baltimore
@Cincinnati 
@Green Bay
@Minnesota 
@LA Chargers 

Bengals and Chargers aren't any good. The other 3 are the hardest games on the schedule.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 10:31 PM by Cleatwood.)

(05-04-2020, 08:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

@Baltimore
@Cincinnati 
@Green Bay
@Minnesota 
@LA Chargers 

Jags never play well on the west coast

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2020, 11:49 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(05-04-2020, 08:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

@Baltimore
@Cincinnati 
@Green Bay
@Minnesota 
@LA Chargers 

Bengals and Chargers aren't any good. The other 3 are the hardest games on the schedule.

Chargers no good? That roster is very talented. Gus is garbage, but that defense if healthy would own this offense. It’s as complete as a defense as you could ask for, and lemme ask... Who’s blocking Ingram and Bosa? 

I also seen a couple others post the Browns are bad. Just want to point out that team had unreal talent everywhere except offensive line (2019). When you disregard the Oline it will bite you in the [BLEEP], doesn’t matter who you have. Browns made an emphasis on O line this offseason with two new tackles in Wills and Conklin. That team is going to steamroll the Jags.

(05-04-2020, 11:47 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 08:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bengals and Chargers aren't any good. The other 3 are the hardest games on the schedule.

Chargers no good? That roster is very talented. Gus is garbage, but that defense if healthy would own this offense. It’s as complete as a defense as you could ask for, and lemme ask... Who’s blocking Ingram and Bosa? 

I also seen a couple others post the Browns are bad. Just want to point out that team had unreal talent everywhere except offensive line (2019). When you disregard the Oline it will bite you in the [BLEEP], doesn’t matter who you have. Browns made an emphasis on O line this offseason with two new tackles in Wills and Conklin. That team is going to steamroll the Jags.

I think the 2020 Chargers will be a lot like the Tyrod-led Bills team the Jags faced in the playoffs. They have some decent weapons on offense, but Tyrod is not going to beat anyone deep. He's about as boring a quarterback as there is in the league. Sure, he can run around a little, but he's really a backup QB. Herbert won't be starting for a while. 

Taylor is going to neutralize Ingram, who'll probably be hurt anyway. Bosa will have to be chipped or Cam will have to learn how to disguise his holds better. 

Browns will be good if Stefanski can pull it together for Mayfield.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

10-6
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(05-04-2020, 11:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:47 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Chargers no good? That roster is very talented. Gus is garbage, but that defense if healthy would own this offense. It’s as complete as a defense as you could ask for, and lemme ask... Who’s blocking Ingram and Bosa? 

I think the 2020 Chargers will be a lot like the Tyrod-led Bills team the Jags faced in the playoffs. They have some decent weapons on offense, but Tyrod is not going to beat anyone deep. He's about as boring a quarterback as there is in the league. Sure, he can run around a little, but he's really a backup QB. Herbert won't be starting for a while. 

Taylor is going to neutralize Ingram, who'll probably be hurt anyway. Bosa will have to be chipped or Cam will have to learn how to disguise his holds better. 

Wait.... Chargers have decent weapons? Allen, Williams, Henry and Ekler are more than just “decent”. Ingram will destroy Taylor and Bosa will own Robinson.

As for the Browns, they are about as talented as they come. 2 great RBs, 2 very good WRs, loaded at TE and now they finally have some protection.

There is not a single team on our schedule that’s saying “oh man. The Jags have Minshew AND Chark. Gotta be careful!”

We will win just enough games to miss out on Lawrence/Fields #becausejaguars

(05-05-2020, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think the 2020 Chargers will be a lot like the Tyrod-led Bills team the Jags faced in the playoffs. They have some decent weapons on offense, but Tyrod is not going to beat anyone deep. He's about as boring a quarterback as there is in the league. Sure, he can run around a little, but he's really a backup QB. Herbert won't be starting for a while. 

Wait.... Chargers have decent weapons? Allen, Williams, Henry and Ekler are more than just “decent”. Ingram will destroy Taylor and Bosa will own Robinson.

As for the Browns, they are about as talented as they come. 2 great RBs, 2 very good WRs, loaded at TE and now they finally have some protection.

There is not a single team on our schedule that’s saying “oh man. The Jags have Minshew AND Chark. Gotta be careful!”

You sure have become a lot more pessimistic lately, lol. The problem with the Jags, especially on offense, is that there are a lot of unknowns at this point. We have a new offensive coordinator and we added some new weapons in the off season. Fournette is now on a contract year and barring injury, I expect his best year as a Jag. If Eifert is healthy and stays healthy, I expect him to become Minshew's new best friend. Then you have Oliver, who really is unknown to everyone since he was injured almost the entire year last year. Yes they didn't overhaul the O-line like most on here would have wanted but they did add Bartch and he looks like he is going to be pretty good.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]