Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post 2020 draft record predictions?

Jags are going to be better on offense with consistent tight end play, another year of experience for Minshew, and the addition of Shenault. The defense will be better against the run, but less effective rushing the passer (due to the loss of Calais and Yan). I also expect to see better LB play. If Minshew had played the entire year last year, I'd guess they'd have won another game or two. So I'd say 8-8 is a reasonable expectation for this year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-04-2020, 08:00 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 07:05 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: simple jags will be 0-0 like all other 31 teams. no football this year. its possbille we may not have sports again until 2022.

If you'd like to place every dollar that you have on that, I will gladly relieve you of you money.

I don't bet money,i don't have.  I'm only saying no season cause  all the news keep saying the virus will reach a high peek again in the fall. football starts in the fall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(05-05-2020, 08:36 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Jags are going to be better on offense with consistent tight end play, another year of experience for Minshew, and the addition of Shenault. The defense will be better against the run, but less effective rushing the passer (due to the loss of Calais and Yan). I also expect to see better LB play. If Minshew had played the entire year last year, I'd guess they'd have won another game or two. So I'd say 8-8 is a reasonable expectation for this year.

Unless we trade Yan, we won't lose him. I expect him to play and I expect him to play at a high level.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-05-2020, 08:36 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Jags are going to be better on offense with consistent tight end play, another year of experience for Minshew, and the addition of Shenault. The defense will be better against the run, but less effective rushing the passer (due to the loss of Calais and Yan). I also expect to see better LB play. If Minshew had played the entire year last year, I'd guess they'd have won another game or two. So I'd say 8-8 is a reasonable expectation for this year.

All this talk about Shenault will be replaced with calling him a bust by October. Not meaning you specifically, but we know how this board reacts to rookies who put up rookie numbers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-05-2020, 08:23 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait.... Chargers have decent weapons? Allen, Williams, Henry and Ekler are more than just “decent”. Ingram will destroy Taylor and Bosa will own Robinson.

As for the Browns, they are about as talented as they come. 2 great RBs, 2 very good WRs, loaded at TE and now they finally have some protection.

There is not a single team on our schedule that’s saying “oh man. The Jags have Minshew AND Chark. Gotta be careful!”

You sure have become a lot more pessimistic lately, lol. The problem with the Jags, especially on offense, is that there are a lot of unknowns at this point. We have a new offensive coordinator and we added some new weapons in the off season. Fournette is now on a contract year and barring injury, I expect his best year as a Jag. If Eifert is healthy and stays healthy, I expect him to become Minshew's new best friend. Then you have Oliver, who really is unknown to everyone since he was injured almost the entire year last year. Yes they didn't overhaul the O-line like most on here would have wanted but they did add Bartch and he looks like he is going to be pretty good.
There are hundreds of reasons to be pessimistic about this upcoming season.

There will be limited or basically zero off season workouts and for a team that is relying on rookie and young players, it certainly doesn’t help.

Maybe I’ll come around to the bright side come August lol Just not a lot to be positive about with this team.

(05-04-2020, 03:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:32 AM)rufftime Wrote: We won 6 games last year in a [BLEEP] show of distractions and injuries.  I think it is likely we beat that record.  We aren't a good team, aren't a bad team.  It feels like we will end up in the middle somewhere.  The schedule is top heavy, but there are a lot of winnable match-ups.

7-9 to 9-7 based on luck and some players taking positive steps in their development.

Many have this logic and I am not saying you are wrong but I do not undestand it?

We were 6-10 last year so we are going to get more wins this year?   The math does not add up.

The Jags are a much less talented team in 2020 than 2019.  Rookies are playing key roles right away in 2020 and that is almost never good.  

Doing the math the equation is the problem:  2020 Jags (less talent) vs 2020 schedule (more difficult) = more wins?

Our offense should be improved since we lost almost nothing on that side and added a large improvement at coordinator. On offense rookie contributions are Shenault in the rotation at receiver and Bartch as a swing tackle.

On defense I take your point, but I am optimistic the cultural shift will have a large impact here. I envision much better performance against the run, and much better play from the LB group. Pass rush feels like it will at least stay at league average and could be excellent if Yan plays under the tag. Defensive secondary is a concern as another poster noted with Henderson starting as a rookie. Other rookie contributors are Chaisson and Hamilton, beyond that I don't think anyone makes a big splash unless they are good enough to supplant a starter.

I guess what I am saying is I don't see huge losses from last year outside of Campbell, Bouye, and Yan (hopefully we have one more year of him). The biggest differences I see are improved offensive gameplanning/ adjustments and a year to improve for some of the young contributors. We also won't have as much distraction potential with Ramsey and TC out of the picture.

I only see 3 games next year that are against teams out of our reach (Vikings, Packers, Ravens) and these are all away games. The remaining 13 games are winnable in my opinion with 8 winnable home games.

I am not expecting playoffs, I am not expecting complete implosion leading to number one pick. I think we are just OK.

(05-05-2020, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think the 2020 Chargers will be a lot like the Tyrod-led Bills team the Jags faced in the playoffs. They have some decent weapons on offense, but Tyrod is not going to beat anyone deep. He's about as boring a quarterback as there is in the league. Sure, he can run around a little, but he's really a backup QB. Herbert won't be starting for a while. 

Taylor is going to neutralize Ingram, who'll probably be hurt anyway. Bosa will have to be chipped or Cam will have to learn how to disguise his holds better. 

Browns will be good if Stefanski can pull it together for Mayfield.
Wait.... Chargers have decent weapons? Allen, Williams, Henry and Ekler are more than just “decent”. Ingram will destroy Taylor and Bosa will own Robinson.

As for the Browns, they are about as talented as they come. 2 great RBs, 2 very good WRs, loaded at TE and now they finally have some protection.

There is not a single team on our schedule that’s saying “oh man. The Jags have Minshew AND Chark. Gotta be careful!”

Dude that’s what I’m saying. I’m seeing people mark these teams down like easy wins, like man what? Any of the teams other boards I promise you when they see Jaguars on the schedule they all scream easy win, but for some odd reason everyone with teal glasses thinks otherwise. It’s kinda funny.

(05-05-2020, 09:29 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Unless we trade Yan, we won't lose him. I expect him to play and I expect him to play at a high level.

I would be shocked if he played another down for the Jags. He'll probably be traded ultimately. If he's not traded he'll either sit out and pout or he'll sign the franchise tag contract, pout, go to camp, pout some more, then pretend to get injured.

"Consistent TE play" 

perennially injured TE who has contemplated retirement and a 3rd round TE we've barely seen. 

I'm still high on Oliver, and like the Eifert signing... but there is nothing that we can project as consistent from that position group yet. 

Also pass rush without Yan and Calais goes from top 10 to bottom 5, which means Todd Wash will finally not have consistent pressure to hide his flaws in coverage as much. Run defense will be better but that doesn't matter as much

8-8
Wins: Browns, Bears, Lions, Phins, @Bolts, @Bengals, and I'll give us 2 division wins (more than likely a sweep of the tinhorns but possibly 1 vs them and another vs the clots)
5-3 at home, 3-5 on the road.
Minshew and the offense will improve greatly. Defense will be good enough vs bad teams or teams with rookie QBs, but will struggle against teams with veteran QBs and strong running games.
We'll lose more games 35-30 than we will 24-13 (don't expect many blow outs like last year either, barring major injuries)

(05-05-2020, 12:57 PM)Kane Wrote: 8-8
Wins: Browns, Bears, Lions, Phins,  @Bolts, @Bengals, and I'll give us 2 division wins (more than likely a sweep of the tinhorns but possibly 1 vs them and another vs the clots)
Minshew and the offense will improve greatly. Defense will be good enough vs bad teams or teams with rookie QBs, but will struggle against teams with veteran QBs and strong running games.
We'll lose more games 35-30 than we will 24-13 (don't expect many blow outs like last year either, barring major injuries)
That’s certainly bold.

Only way for this team to win 8 or more is if Minshew plays at All Pro level.

If we had Bortles or Foles at QB I'd say 4-5 wins.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-05-2020, 12:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:

"Consistent TE play" 

perennially injured TE who has contemplated retirement and a 3rd round TE we've barely seen. 

I'm still high on Oliver, and like the Eifert signing... but there is nothing that we can project as consistent from that position group yet. 

Also pass rush without Yan and Calais goes from top 10 to bottom 5, which means Todd Wash will finally not have consistent pressure to hide his flaws in coverage as much. Run defense will be better but that doesn't matter as much

With consistent TE play. I'm making an assumption of what that's going to look like next year. Historically, we haven't seen it.  I'm projecting Oliver to have a breakout year and Eifert to stay healthy. 

No DL with Josh Allen and K'Lavon Chaisson will fall all the way to the bottom 5 but there is going to be some impact at the expense of having a better run defense.

Just like it's certain the Jaguars won't be the best team in the league, they won't be the worst either. As far as predictions, who knows? A lot can and will happen between now and the end of the season. So I'll give a range, between 9-7 and 5-11.

Some of the ones predicting us to go 8-8 or better have been saying this every year since Shad bought the team.

This team is much less talented than last year, when we went 6-10.  Can Gruden make enough of a difference to overcome this?

I do not expect Yannick to play.  I believe our QB play will improve, but everything else will be as bad as last year or worse.

My early prediction is somewhere between 2-14 & 5-11, assuming the NFL schedules a full season this year.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I expect 6 or 7 wins as things stand now.
Could be worse depending on how things play out between now and whenever the "regular" season is.

(05-06-2020, 06:31 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Some of the ones predicting us to go 8-8 or better have been saying this every year since Shad bought the team.

This team is much less talented than last year, when we went 6-10.  Can Gruden make enough of a difference to overcome this?

I do not expect Yannick to play.  I believe our QB play will improve, but everything else will be as bad as last year or worse.

My early prediction is somewhere between 2-14 & 5-11, assuming the NFL schedules a full season this year.

Not so fast. We are less talented on the DL. We arguably have improved talent overall. The notable losses are Yan, Calais, Dareus, Bouye and Foles. Biggest of those is Dareus and Yan. Calais and Bouye were great leaders but where showing their age. No replacement for Dareus really and we saw his worth when he went out on injury. Yan's fans aside, he's a good pass rusher but only average against the run. We'll definitely miss him assuming he doesn't play but Chaisson will make up for the loss. Henderson will more than make up for the loss of Bouye. LB corps will not have great depth but the starters will be better, moving Jack back to his more natural position and bringing in a guy like Schobert. As far as Foles, really hard to consider him a loss.

We'll be stronger on offense. Adding Eifert and Shenault will benefit the continue growth of Minshew. Fournette is playing on the last year of his contract, he's likely to have a good year. Oliver will be back to 100%.

None of that will get us *over* .500 but there's no reason to think getting there isn't reasonable.

(05-05-2020, 01:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 12:57 PM)Kane Wrote: 8-8
Wins: Browns, Bears, Lions, Phins,  @Bolts, @Bengals, and I'll give us 2 division wins (more than likely a sweep of the tinhorns but possibly 1 vs them and another vs the clots)
That’s certainly bold.

I really don't think 8 wins is all that bold.
An improvement of 2 wins.....the offense was anemic at times and the defense was pretty awful for the 2nd half of the year.... if they improve slightly toward average it really isn't crazy to think we should be able to beat teams that are as bad as us (Phins, Bears, Browns, etc)

But comparing my 8-8 prediction to the gloom and doom of the majority of jumpers we have on this board expecting 2-4 wins, or wanting us to tank for sunshine, yeah I guess you could see it as bold.

(05-06-2020, 06:31 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: Some of the ones predicting us to go 8-8 or better have been saying this every year since Shad bought the team.

Yan is definitely going to play. He might play hardball in the beginning but he will play and he will do a great job. If our QB improves, the entire team will improve.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-06-2020, 08:51 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Not so fast. We are less talented on the DL. We arguably have improved talent overall. The notable losses are Yan, Calais, Dareus, Bouye and Foles. Biggest of those is Dareus and Yan. Calais and Bouye were great leaders but where showing their age. No replacement for Dareus really and we saw his worth when he went out on injury. Yan's fans aside, he's a good pass rusher but only average against the run. We'll definitely miss him assuming he doesn't play but Chaisson will make up for the loss. Henderson will more than make up for the loss of Bouye. LB corps will not have great depth but the starters will be better, moving Jack back to his more natural position and bringing in a guy like Schobert. As far as Foles, really hard to consider him a loss.

We'll be stronger on offense. Adding Eifert and Shenault will benefit the continue growth of Minshew. Fournette is playing on the last year of his contract, he's likely to have a good year. Oliver will be back to 100%.

None of that will get us *over* .500 but there's no reason to think getting there isn't reasonable.

Campbell still played at a high level but not as good as in 2017 or 2018.
Bouye is 28 years old but has been average the last seasons. I actually expect Henderson to be better than Bouye.
Yan is meh, he is good player but far from great. If he doesn't play I don't see a big loss tbh, especially with Chaisson on the team and an improved Smoot.

Pretty funny how some people think losing Bouye will make the secondary horrible... it was already horrible with him there.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23