Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post 2020 draft record predictions?

We’re looking at anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10 this year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the team will end the season somewhere between 0-16 to 16-0.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-06-2020, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think the team will end the season somewhere between 0-16 to 16-0.

That is taking Tank for Trevor to the extreme, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-06-2020, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think the team will end the season somewhere between 0-16 to 16-0.

Is this to go along with the prediction last year of after Week 1, 16 teams will be 0-1 and 16 will be 1-0. Which sadly didnt happen as the Cardinals and Lions tied in Week 1  Big Grin

(05-06-2020, 02:12 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Is this to go along with the prediction last year of after Week 1, 16 teams will be 0-1 and 16 will be 1-0. Which sadly didnt happen as the Cardinals and Lions tied in Week 1  Big Grin

LOL, I was a little off on that one.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(05-06-2020, 02:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 02:12 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Is this to go along with the prediction last year of after Week 1, 16 teams will be 0-1 and 16 will be 1-0. Which sadly didnt happen as the Cardinals and Lions tied in Week 1  Big Grin

LOL, I was a little off on that one.

Bit too suspicious for my liking. I think Vegas rumbled you and pulled a few strings!

9 and 7 baby, and you can quote me on that. Its going to be better then you think gang.

(05-06-2020, 02:54 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: 9 and 7 baby, and you can quote me on that. Its going to be better then you think gang.

That would be great. A lot of tough teams on the schedule

I think 9-7 as well

So 3 years ago. Jags faced backup QBs in the division, suffered basically zero injuries and had a top 2 defense and won 10 games.

Now a team with a lot of 2nd year players and rookies playing key roles and they somehow win 9 games or more?

(05-06-2020, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So 3 years ago. Jags faced backup QBs in the division, suffered basically zero injuries and had a top 2 defense and won 10 games.

Now a team with a lot of 2nd year players and rookies playing key roles and they somehow win 9 games or more?

These expectations in this thread are insane. The hopium is through the roof, hopefully when reality hits the crash isn't too hard. Pitchforks going to be out of stock by November in DUVAL.

(05-06-2020, 04:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So 3 years ago. Jags faced backup QBs in the division, suffered basically zero injuries and had a top 2 defense and won 10 games.

Im loving their optimism but i just don't see it.

Suddenly Wash's scheme will work?!

Opponents:
Steelers - roster is slightly better than ours.  Offense is meh.  Defense is pretty solid.
L
Bears - good defense.  Offense is meh with either qb.
W
Lions - improving roster that isn't there yet.  Although, I love me some Dawgs playing for them.
W
Browns - Good roster on paper.  New coach that may introduce discipline, competence, and strategy.  I'll believe they can put it together when I see it. But still a superior roster to ours.
L
Dolphins - Roster getting better.  Solid coach.  Unless Tua is lighting it up, I don't see them as any better that Jags.
W
Ravens - roster is too strong.  John Harbaugh is a really good coach.
L
Packers - Aaron Rodgers, Devante Adams, and a cast of nobodies.  But, Rodgers is Rodgers.
L
Vikings - Good but not great roster and coach.  Over-hyped by national media.  Still better than Jags.
L.
Bengals - They'll be good one day.  But not this year.
W
Chargers - Good roster.
L
Colts - best roster and coach in the division.

L
Tacks - Solid team.  Seems to have our number.  Over-performed last year.
W
L
Tinhorns - worst GM in the division.  Coach is meh. Watson and nobody on offense.  Watt and Mercillus on D.
W
W

7-9
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-04-2020, 03:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:32 AM)rufftime Wrote: We won 6 games last year in a [BLEEP] show of distractions and injuries.  I think it is likely we beat that record.  We aren't a good team, aren't a bad team.  It feels like we will end up in the middle somewhere.  The schedule is top heavy, but there are a lot of winnable match-ups.

7-9 to 9-7 based on luck and some players taking positive steps in their development.

Many have this logic and I am not saying you are wrong but I do not undestand it?

We were 6-10 last year so we are going to get more wins this year?   The math does not add up.

The Jags are a much less talented team in 2020 than 2019.  Rookies are playing key roles right away in 2020 and that is almost never good.  

Doing the math the equation is the problem:  2020 Jags (less talent) vs 2020 schedule (more difficult) = more wins?
[Image: einsteinblackboard1.jpg]

doesn't add up
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-06-2020, 05:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Im loving their optimism but i just don't see it.

I wanted Wash gone after 2018 - but...
Wash's scheme has worked well in spurts in the past. 
It required a high percentage of top tier talent starting in multiple spots to do it and that's a problem. Anyway -  it's not really that "suddenly" it will work. The surprise would be that it would work with 4 or 4 or 5 new key players including 2 or 3 rookies. 

More importantly, what scheme are we going to see exactly? 
Clearly they want to use more 3-4 looks than they have previously - so the front 7 will have some degree of facelift happening. How much and how often is still unclear.  The secondary will have new faces and I wonder if we see some tweaks there as well. 

Alas -  I don't see this transitional year defense being a catalyst for very many wins.  They might find a way to "keep it close" in 6 or 7 contests, but I'd guess it'll have to be up to the offense to scrape ahead in most games in 2020 if they are gonna' have a chance.

(05-06-2020, 07:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 05:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Im loving their optimism but i just don't see it.

I wanted Wash gone after 2018 - but...
It required a high percentage of top tier talent starting in multiple spots to do it and that's a problem. Anyway -  it's not really that "suddenly" it will work. The surprise would be that it would work with 4 or 4 or 5 new key players including 2 or 3 rookies. 

Clearly they want to use more 3-4 looks than they have previously - so the front 7 will have some degree of facelift happening. How much and how often is still unclear.  The secondary will have new faces and I wonder if we see some tweaks there as well. 

Alas -  I don't see this transitional year defense being a catalyst for very many wins.  They might find a way to "keep it close" in 6 or 7 contests, but I'd guess it'll have to be up to the offense to scrape ahead in most games in 2020 if they are gonna' have a chance.

The fact Wade Phillips is sitting at home without a job and Wash has one....thats a whole different rant!

Ive seen a lot of talk of us shifting to use 3-4 looks more as well. I havent seen Wash or any of the coaches say anything about a complete change so not sure if its analysts guessing or official. Would they switch to it more for run or pass D? I think we have players that could switch to 3-4 pretty easily.

As for Wash, if he can't get it better this year, hes got no argument left. Give him a D stacked with 1st round picks and big ticket FA and it looks good. I think most of us could do that!

(05-06-2020, 07:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 07:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wanted Wash gone after 2018 - but...

The fact Wade Phillips is sitting at home without a job and Wash has one....thats a whole different rant!

Ive seen a lot of talk of us shifting to use 3-4 looks more as well. I havent seen Wash or any of the coaches say anything about a complete change so not sure if its analysts guessing or official. Would they switch to it more for run or pass D? I think we have players that could switch to 3-4 pretty easily.

As for Wash, if he can't get it better this year, hes got no argument left. Give him a D stacked with 1st round picks and big ticket FA and it looks good. I think most of us could do that!

It's starting to sound like they primarily just want to go 3-4 on base downs vs the run so that they can put three space eaters up front and let 4 athletic LBs flow to the ball.  Marrone has certainly lent credit to that theory. It seems like almost a desperation move after struggling to stop the run so badly last year.

I don`t care what our record is as long as Minshew shows hes the real deal and we don`t have to mess with drafting a QB and can just use all our picks next year to fill out our roster.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(05-06-2020, 08:21 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I don`t care what our record is as long as Minshew shows hes the real deal and we don`t have to mess with drafting a QB and can just use all our picks next year to fill out our roster.
Obviously this is ideal but just not likely. If Minshew plays really well, wouldn’t that lead to Jags wins?

(05-06-2020, 05:53 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Opponents:
Steelers - roster is slightly better than ours.  Offense is meh.  Defense is pretty solid.
L
Bears - good defense.  Offense is meh with either qb.
W
Lions - improving roster that isn't there yet.  Although, I love me some Dawgs playing for them.
W
Browns - Good roster on paper.  New coach that may introduce discipline, competence, and strategy.  I'll believe they can put it together when I see it. But still a superior roster to ours.
L
Dolphins - Roster getting better.  Solid coach.  Unless Tua is lighting it up, I don't see them as any better that Jags.
W
Ravens - roster is too strong.  John Harbaugh is a really good coach.
L
Packers - Aaron Rodgers, Devante Adams, and a cast of nobodies.  But, Rodgers is Rodgers.
L
Vikings - Good but not great roster and coach.  Over-hyped by national media.  Still better than Jags.
L.
Bengals - They'll be good one day.  But not this year.
W
Chargers - Good roster.
L
Colts - best roster and coach in the division.

L
Tacks - Solid team.  Seems to have our number.  Over-performed last year.
W
L
Tinhorns - worst GM in the division.  Coach is meh. Watson and nobody on offense.  Watt and Mercillus on D.
W
W

7-9

Assuming Big Ben comes back n full health, their offense if much better than ours.  Much better offensive line, better TE, offensive continuity.  L

Bears, their front 7 is formidable.  I shudder to think of Taylor trying to block Mack in long yardage situations.  Their offense has been meh for the majority of my life.  It's about the closest to immutable truth you can get from football.  LOL.  I think it would depend on when we played them.  With new schemes on both sides of the ball, if we played them early, we lose, but I think if we played them later in the year we'd have a better chance against them.  L for now.

Lions never seem to be able to put things together for an entire season.  Do we play them up there?  If we play them in Detroit, we lose.  If we play them here, we can win.

Browns?  To me, we have nobody who can block Myles Garrett and nobody who could cover OBJ.  Loss

Dolphins?  I think it'll depend on when we play them, but I see it just the opposite as the Bears.  I think early on we beat them, but later in the year we lose.  Their defense should be much better than it has been in a while.

We lose all of the Packers, Vikings and Ravens.

Bengals wion't be as bad as people think.  Their OL should be better now that Jonah Williams will (should) be healthy.

Chargers?  TThe only thing that might keep the game from being a blowout loss for us is their QB situation.  Tyrod Taylor is so risk averse you don't really have to worry much about him making big plays with his arm, and if Herbert is playing, he is a rookie with questionable mechanics/head.  But I don't see us moving the ball on that defense.  L

We go maybe 1-5 in the division.

4-12...5-11 tops.

I reserve the right to revise on tomorrow when the schedule is announced.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!