Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Saints cut Warford

(05-10-2020, 10:29 AM)JackCity Wrote: Warford may be the missing piece to having our best offensive line of the last 12 years or so.

Still need to fix the most important position, LT.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-11-2020, 10:22 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 10:29 AM)JackCity Wrote: Warford may be the missing piece to having our best offensive line of the last 12 years or so.

Agreed but that doesn't change anything about my statement either.

(05-11-2020, 03:34 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I don't see the team tying up so much capital and/or cap into OGs, especially if Gruden's plan is to begin opening up the offense.  The team will need to address the LT position, also, at the end of this season.  You can't pay everyone at every position.  Unfortunately, OG, at least one of them is often a position to be more cap friendly (ie. cheap) to afford paying higher at the other spots.

It's only a major issue for 1 year really. Norwell can be cut after 2020 with minimal penalty. Then your only paying 1 guard money again.

(05-12-2020, 04:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 03:34 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I don't see the team tying up so much capital and/or cap into OGs, especially if Gruden's plan is to begin opening up the offense.  The team will need to address the LT position, also, at the end of this season.  You can't pay everyone at every position.  Unfortunately, OG, at least one of them is often a position to be more cap friendly (ie. cheap) to afford paying higher at the other spots.

It's only a major issue for 1 year really. Norwell can be cut after 2020 with minimal penalty. Then your only paying 1 guard money again.

Fo shizzle. I think Norwell will have a bounce back year. I'm not sure I'd want Warford long-term. He's starting to get injured. But I'd be all for it if he's signed on a two-year contract with most of it frontloaded into this year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(05-12-2020, 01:20 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:22 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Still need to fix the most important position, LT.

Agreed but that doesn't change anything about my statement either.

It would be a solid B line. All starters could mostly hold their own and even be counted on to win their matchups week-to-week, making it easier to shade toward and add chipping help for Cam.

(05-12-2020, 04:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Plus we have Norwells replacement in Bartch
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Was he a product of Drew Brees like Beadles was a few years ago. Beadles was lame.

I’d pass. Unless he is good in the run game.

(05-12-2020, 03:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Was he a product of Drew Brees like Beadles was a few years ago. Beadles was lame.

It's tough to say with Saints linemen; however, Warford was good in his first few years in Detroit, too. He's a legit talent.

(05-12-2020, 03:24 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 04:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: It's only a major issue for 1 year really. Norwell can be cut after 2020 with minimal penalty. Then your only paying 1 guard money again.

Plus we have Norwells replacement in Bartch

According to most of the board, Bartch is Robinson's replacement and Robinson is Norwell's replacement....

(05-12-2020, 03:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Was he a product of Drew Brees like Beadles was a few years ago. Beadles was lame.

He's a stud run blocker, his regression came in pass pro. FWIW I think he's still an upgrade over Cann.

(05-12-2020, 09:07 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 03:24 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Plus we have Norwells replacement in Bartch

According to most of the board, Bartch is Robinson's replacement and Robinson is Norwell's replacement....

I'm not buying it. To me Bartch is a LG and Taylor is a RT. Outside of that everyone else is replaceable. Robinson is in a make or break season at LT. He either improves or they move on. They're not re-signing him for LG.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(05-11-2020, 10:22 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Minshew will fix that. 1,2,3 bang!!

Or Minshew will roll out and keep the play alive like Brunell did back in the mid 90s.

(05-27-2020, 03:50 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:22 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Still need to fix the most important position, LT.

Minshew will fix that. 1,2,3 bang!!

Or Minshew will roll out and keep the play alive like Brunell did back in the mid 90s.

Leave the drugs
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-08-2020, 09:13 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: There is ZERO chance he becomes a Jag. Doesn't fit the TANKING narrative.

Clarification added

Must be more to that knee injury than being led on, week 15 injury last season and no takers so far. Wonder if its more serious than originally thought, otherwise I'd think he would have signed with someone by now.