Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Sign QB Glennon

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 12:47 PM by JagFan81.)

https://www.jaguars.com/news/official-gl...aqbBBesWeo

Looks like its between him and Dobbs for #2 QB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Chaaampiiionship

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 11:44 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Personally, I'd prefer to go with Minshew and Jake Luton this year to see if either are viable starters for the future.  If not, then draft a QB early in 2021.  I'd like to think Minshew would be but he really sucked in December when we were outscored 82-12 total in the 1st half of 4 consecutive games vs the Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, and Falcons.

(05-08-2020, 11:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I'd prefer to go with Minshew and Jake Luton this year to see if either are viable starters for the future.  If not, then draft a QB early in 2021.  I'd like to think Minshew would be but he really sucked in December when we were outscored 82-12 total in the 1st half of 4 consecutive games vs the Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, and Falcons.

Yea, this was a wasted signing, unless the team realizes Dobbs is horrible. Everyone talks about Dobbs's bright future after the NFL and nothing about his talent. Cut him already. Glennon is a washed up statue. He might be able to eke out one more win than Luton if he played, but he won't be able to salvage Marrone or Caldwell's job if Minshew goes down early.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We got our guy! Not really. But at least all the Cam talk can stop now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

An okay signing. Has more experience than Dobbs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 12:26 PM by iam.)

Who? Typical Jags signing.. You trade a pick for Dobbs, draft a QB in the 6th round and your starting QB is a 6th rounder.

And you’re ok with that.? That’s what I call scouting talent.. smh..

I like Dobbs' upside over Glennon's.
Hopefully Dobbs wins the #2 job.

(05-08-2020, 12:17 PM)iam Wrote: Who? Typical Jags signing.. You trade a pick for Dobbs, draft a QB in the 6th and Your starting
QB is a 6th rounder. And you’re ok with that.. That’s what I call scouting talent.. smh..

Jaguars agree to terms with QB Mike Glennon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ke-glennon

Gardner Minshew has a new backup QB. The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to terms with veteran signal-caller mike Glennon, the team announced.

(05-08-2020, 12:17 PM)iam Wrote: Who? Typical Jags signing.. You trade a pick for Dobbs, draft a QB in the 6th round and your starting QB is a 6th rounder.

It's called,  #becausejaguars

(05-08-2020, 12:17 PM)iam Wrote: Who? Typical Jags signing.. You trade a pick for Dobbs, draft a QB in the 6th round and your starting QB is a 6th rounder.

Given the timing of the Foles injury at the very beginning of the season, the likelihood of finding even a competent veteran backup on the free agent market was slim, hence the trade for Dobbs.

Even with Dobbs, and the drafting of a QB in the 6th round, you still needed a backup with experience.

Could they have gone after Dalton?  Yeah.  I don't know whether they did or not, TBH.  But at this point he was no longer an option.

Cam?  Yeah they COULD have gone after him.  A few problems witht hat.  1.  Is he healthy?  By his own admission, he couldn't throw the ball more than 30 yards in 2018, and only played two games last year.  Where is he at physically?  Don't know because we can't give him any physicals.

2.  I believe given his age and injuries, he could be just good enough to maybe supplant Minshew, but never be as good as he was when he was healthy a few years back.  he would be AN answer at QB rather than THE answer at QB, the our mediocrity would be prolonged.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-08-2020, 11:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I'd prefer to go with Minshew and Jake Luton this year to see if either are viable starters for the future.  If not, then draft a QB early in 2021.  I'd like to think Minshew would be but he really sucked in December when we were outscored 82-12 total in the 1st half of 4 consecutive games vs the Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, and Falcons.

I get your point and agree Minshew needs to improve his early performance. Foles started the Bucs game, just toss that one out please. The fact that Minshew was able to make that one somewhat interesting in garbage time is to his credit.

Your number becomes 57 - 12, which is still bad.

Does anyone know if Glennon has any time under Gruden's offense??

I think this puts Luton on the practice squad, with Dobbs and Glennon both sticking. Unless, of course, the Jags think they can move Dobbs in the preseason.

I think they are finally realizing how bad this offensive line is and know they will need about 3-4 QBs just to get by this season.

(05-08-2020, 01:25 PM)TJBender Wrote: I think this puts Luton on the practice squad, with Dobbs and Glennon both sticking. Unless, of course, the Jags think they can move Dobbs in the preseason.

I think it puts Dobbs on his future after the NFL, which is the big talking point for him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

This signing further screams "Gardner is our guy" by the front office. Glennon is no threat to challenge Gardner to be the man. Glennon will be competing with Dobbs for a backup role, with the loser not making the roster. Luton will stick as a developmental 3rd QB on the roster (if he performs well in camp), or practice squad.

Cheaper, younger, slightly worse Nick Foles?

Yeah, guess I'll take it. I hope the Jags carry 3 QBs for a change. Going with just the 2 seems to not be working out so well. Luton vs. Dobbs, not Dobbs vs. Glennon.

(05-08-2020, 01:48 PM)ATLjag Wrote: This signing further screams "Gardner is our guy" by the front office.  Glennon is no threat to challenge Gardner to be the man.  Glennon will be competing with Dobbs for a backup role, with the loser not making the roster.  Luton will stick as a developmental 3rd QB on the roster (if he performs well in camp), or practice squad.

If this doesn't put away the Minshew needs competition, bring in Cam talk, nothing will, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]