Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Sign QB Glennon

(05-10-2020, 05:01 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: At least now there is a competition for the backup qb position.

Dobbs will beat him out. Camp arm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-11-2020, 09:53 AM)uthill Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 05:01 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: At least now there is a competition for the backup qb position.

Dobbs will beat him out. Camp arm.
But wait.... I thought he was here to mentor Minshew?!

So Vegas surely has us as superbowl favorites now, right?

TDs–INTs: 36–20
Passing yards: 5,163
Passer rating: 84.3
Career Stats

This looks like that one year Bortles had.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Smh..this is who is supposed to help Minshew? There are alot of qbs that are in the league that shouldn't be

He won’t even make the team

So sad that we have 4 pages on Glennon

(05-09-2020, 01:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 01:11 PM)Dimson Wrote: They went in to last year with an unknown commodity in Minshew. So this is nothing new. Do you know if the Jags asked Cam? You don't.
I don’t know if they did and never claimed they did talk to him. You said he doesn’t want to be a backup which is speculation.

Unknown in Minshew so hey! Guess it’ll work for Dobbs too. Perfect and problem solved.

"Joe Person of The Athletic revealed that Newton has no intention to sign with a team as a backup. If anything, he’s willing to wait it out, as long as it takes apparently, for a starter to get hurt so he can be signed with a guaranteed starting role."

He cites this knowledge based on a conversation he had with "someone"
Perhaps a team that discussed Cam being a backup or perhaps his agent.

But I suppose all reports about all sports are speculation unless you hear it from the horse's mouth, eh?

(05-10-2020, 02:42 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 11:55 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: If he's just average that won't be good enough to carry the team to even a mediocre record because the defense is way below average. Andy Dalton is average and look how that worked out for the Bengals.

You can absolutely win 4-5 games with average QB play. Andy Dalton did not give average QB play last year ,  it was near league worst. 

I don't know why people are viewing the only outcomes as minshew good = wins and don't need QB or minshew bad = get tlaw or fields. It's not that simple at all. 

The Jags could finish 6-10 and still not know if minshew is worth going forward with pretty easily

I don't think the record is what tells us if we can move forward with Minshew.
We could go 0-16 and know Minshew IS the guy. If we lose every game 45-40 Minshew isn't the problem and he is probably a franchise QB.

If we're still getting blown out of a lot of games and the offense doesn't keep up then he probably isn't the answer. Last year a lot of Minshew's magic came from 4th Q come backs which were caused by the offense being inept early in games.
We gotta see improvement there. Minshew needs to be able to move the ball early not just late when teams are playing softer coverages.
He's gotta see the field better too, a lot of times he held the ball too long (which made the OL look even worse than it is). Sometimes he'd check it down too early (probably because the OL wasn't playing well and as a rookie he was worried about the pressure that was surely about to come).
We'll be able to see if he's improved in these areas pretty easily.
The W/L column isn't all on him. But we won 6 games with him struggling in certain areas quite a bit. If he improves in those areas, the W/L in theory should reflect that.

(05-15-2020, 03:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 02:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: You can absolutely win 4-5 games with average QB play. Andy Dalton did not give average QB play last year ,  it was near league worst. 

I don't know why people are viewing the only outcomes as minshew good = wins and don't need QB or minshew bad = get tlaw or fields. It's not that simple at all. 

The Jags could finish 6-10 and still not know if minshew is worth going forward with pretty easily

We could go 0-16 and know Minshew IS the guy. If we lose every game 45-40 Minshew isn't the problem and he is probably a franchise QB.

If we're still getting blown out of a lot of games and the offense doesn't keep up then he probably isn't the answer. Last year a lot of Minshew's magic came from 4th Q come backs which were caused by the offense being inept early in games.
We gotta see improvement there. Minshew needs to be able to move the ball early not just late when teams are playing softer coverages.
He's gotta see the field better too, a lot of times he held the ball too long (which made the OL look even worse than it is). Sometimes he'd check it down too early (probably because the OL wasn't playing well and as a rookie he was worried about the pressure that was surely about to come).
The W/L column isn't all on him. But we won 6 games with him struggling in certain areas quite a bit. If he improves in those areas, the W/L in theory should reflect that.

Referring to the part in bold, I believe some of that had to do with gameplans being drawn around Fournette being the workhorse, as it was thought that would help Minshew. When Fournette was rendered moot after halftime due to being down by a lot, Minshew seemed to shine. Look at the very last game of the season against the Colts. The offense looked good the entire game.

And I'm not saying get rid of or bench Fournette, but make Minshew the centerpiece of the offense, not him. I believe his play last year earned him the opportunity, at least.

(05-15-2020, 03:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 02:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: You can absolutely win 4-5 games with average QB play. Andy Dalton did not give average QB play last year ,  it was near league worst. 

Whatever you think about BCC, their sack analysis posts are generally spot on. They have Minshew responsible for 11 sacks last year out of 33. I don't know what percentage of QB-fault sacks is typical in the
NFL, but IIRC Bortles was less.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/12/31...k-analysis

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"