Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Sign QB Glennon

I think they wanted a guy who is generally considered to be an intelligent and hard-working veteran QB to help guide the young guys, but not someone who's good enough to cause any QB controversy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2020, 03:31 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(05-08-2020, 01:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I think they are finally realizing how bad this offensive line is and know they will need about 3-4 QBs just to get by this season.

I really wonder what they think of the offensive line. We're not even a year removed from Doug putting Minshew back in because his mobility gave them a better chance to win with that offensive line. Now, all of a sudden, it's great.

(05-08-2020, 01:53 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Cheaper, younger, slightly worse Nick Foles?

Yeah, guess I'll take it.  I hope the Jags carry 3 QBs for a change.  Going with just the 2 seems to not be working out so well.  Luton vs. Dobbs, not Dobbs vs. Glennon.

That's funny, I thought the same exact thing. Foles name immediately came to mind when I read this.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a camp arm?

He's not good. Just a smart veteran that would be good to carry in camp.

Minshew/Dobbs
Luton to PS
Glennon part of final cuts.

Just my guess.

(05-08-2020, 03:49 PM)Kane Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a camp arm?

He's not good. Just a smart veteran that would be good to carry in camp.

Minshew/Dobbs
Luton to PS
Glennon part of final cuts.

Just my guess.

I think that's a likely outcome.

(05-08-2020, 02:24 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I think they wanted a guy who is generally considered to be an intelligent and hard-working veteran QB to help guide the young guys, but not someone who's good enough to cause any QB controversy.
Which is why they’re tanking.

If they truly cared about winning this season, they would have signed Jameis or Cam.

[quote pid='1303224' dateline='1588967750']

If they truly cared about winning this season, they would have signed Jameis or Cam.
[/quote]

Was Carolina and Tampa tanking last year? Neither of them thought they could win with those two. Why should the Jags?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Now we have the combo of Uncle Rico and Napoleon Dynamite at QB. Right on.

Several years ago he had a shot (and probably should have been signed.)
Now, he's just an arm and a veteran presence in a young QB room.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-08-2020, 03:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 02:24 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I think they wanted a guy who is generally considered to be an intelligent and hard-working veteran QB to help guide the young guys, but not someone who's good enough to cause any QB controversy.

You don't honestly believe that do you?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Glennon stinks. Always has

Lol

Glennon played in Oakland last year under Jon Gruden (our OC's older brother). You think there might be some similarities in the offensive schemes. and perhaps he was brought in to help teach some of the schemes to those unfamiliar with it?

Nahhh.

Continue to bash away.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Jameis turns the ball over more than Bortles does and Cam is broken and done...

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2020, 07:26 AM by Cleatwood.)

(05-08-2020, 07:54 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 03:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Which is why they’re tanking.

You don't honestly believe that do you?
Glennon is absolutely terrible.

If Minshew gets hurt, you’re ok with Dobbs or Glennon? You don’t think Cam or Jameis would give them a better chance to win than Mike Glennon?

They’re pulling a move from the Dolphins and I’m shocked you can’t see it. Trade away expensive players, put a lesser product on the field and be ready for bad games. You don’t outright say you’re tanking because no one would buy tickets or watch but it’s pretty clear that don’t particularly care about this upcoming season.

(05-08-2020, 11:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 03:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Which is why they’re tanking.

Jameis turns the ball over more than Bortles does and Cam is broken and done...
And yet they’re both miles better than Glennon.

Minshew will be better than Cam or Winston. He is a superstar rising.

(05-09-2020, 07:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 07:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: You don't honestly believe that do you?

If Minshew gets hurt, you’re ok with Dobbs or Glennon? You don’t think Cam or Jameis would give them a better chance to win than Mike Glennon?

They’re pulling a move from the Dolphins and I’m shocked you can’t see it. Trade away expensive players, put a lesser product on the field and be ready for bad games. You don’t outright say you’re tanking because no one would buy tickets or watch but it’s pretty clear that don’t particularly care about this upcoming season.

(05-08-2020, 11:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Jameis turns the ball over more than Bortles does and Cam is broken and done...

Cam wouldn't be a back up. He would only come here to start. We don't know what we have in Dobbs. We will find out in the preseason I suppose.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-09-2020, 11:22 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 07:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Glennon is absolutely terrible.

Cam wouldn't be a back up. He would only come here to start. We don't know what we have in Dobbs. We will find out in the preseason I suppose.
You asked Cam?

Glad you’re content going into the season with an unknown commodity at backup in Dobbs. Preseason won’t show what Dobbs has at all. He’s started and played in preseason games before.

(05-09-2020, 07:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 07:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: You don't honestly believe that do you?

The fish traded away some young high level starters in Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. They also dumped their top RB and top 2 WR from 2018. 

The only player the Jags cut or traded who fits the high-level starter category is Campbell, and he is reaching the end of his career. Bouye is still young enough but his production was fading. Dareus played well but is getting older and missing a lot of games due to injury. All three were discussed as likely cap casualties before last season even started. Trading Foles was a plus.

If Minshew gets hurt Cam or Jameis wouldn't rescue us from a dismal result. What they would do is cause a QB controversy which would probably result in fewer wins even if Minshew doesn't get hurt.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-09-2020, 12:19 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 07:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Glennon is absolutely terrible.

The fish traded away some young high level starters in Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. They also dumped their top RB and top 2 WR from 2018. 

The only player the Jags cut or traded who fits the high-level starter category is Campbell, and he is reaching the end of his career. Bouye is still young enough but his production was fading. Dareus played well but is getting older and missing a lot of games due to injury. All three were discussed as likely cap casualties before last season even started. Trading Foles was a plus.

If Minshew gets hurt Cam or Jameis wouldn't rescue us from a dismal result. What they would do is cause a QB controversy which would probably result in fewer wins even if Minshew doesn't get hurt.
Well they were shopping both Yan and Fournette but obviously they didn’t find a deal like the first rounders the Fins got. Not to mention those deals came much later for the Fins. Still plenty of time for the Jags to make deals.

And yes, if Minshew gets hurt, Cam or Jameis would help much more than Josh Dobbs or Mike Glennon.

Glennon is irrelevant overall but they are both tanking and trying to be competitive