Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pandemic and Game Attendance -MERGED

Regardless how they operate the season, revenues will be down. With revenues down this season, it would negatively impact the cap next year. It will be interesting to see how the clubs and the players association deal with the issue. Do they agree to just take the lower cap next season, as calculated within the current bargaining agreement? Do they both agree to lower this season's cap to "smooth out" the estimated cap for next season? Or, just work out something else entirely.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I say leave it up to the people. Have fans agree to an electronic waiver at entry and subject to temperature screenings. Enter at your own risk. That way, people who are perfectly healthy/OK with the risk can watch games and those who are older and/or worried can stay home. The NFL can make some money and not be legally liable while fans can watch in person if they want. Win win win.

(06-03-2020, 12:55 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I say leave it up to the people. Have fans agree to an electronic waiver at entry and subject to temperature screenings. Enter at your own risk. That way, people who are perfectly healthy/OK with the risk can watch games and those who are older and/or worried can stay home. The NFL can make some money and not be legally liable while fans can watch in person if they want. Win win win.

[Image: 0*JLsFaY4wzd-Fo1gR.gif]

(06-03-2020, 12:55 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I say leave it up to the people. Have fans agree to an electronic waiver at entry and subject to temperature screenings. Enter at your own risk. That way, people who are perfectly healthy/OK with the risk can watch games and those who are older and/or worried can stay home. The NFL can make some money and not be legally liable while fans can watch in person if they want. Win win win.

Ticket contract language is sufficient, no entry stuff is needed. "Use of ticket acknowledges inherent risk of illness and releases issuer from any and all liability etc, etc, etc."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-03-2020, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Ticket contract language is sufficient, no entry stuff is needed. "Use of ticket acknowledges inherent risk of illness and releases issuer from any and all liability etc, etc, etc."

I don't believe this particular risk (which has never previously existed) meets the definition of "inherent".
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-03-2020, 09:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ticket contract language is sufficient, no entry stuff is needed. "Use of ticket acknowledges inherent risk of illness and releases issuer from any and all liability etc, etc, etc."

I don't believe this particular risk (which has never previously existed) meets the definition of "inherent".

Yeah that's why they need a new disclaimer - Technically we all know covid exists, maybe create a new "Covid clause" or something just to be 100% sure if you go to games its 100% on you if you get sick. TBF its going to be so hot in FL from SEP-NOV that the rona may not survive that crap, I know I barely do. 

I think the way cases are going, we should be OK. Nearly 7 months in and it seems the trip to crazy town (Lockdowns everywhere) is largely over or ramping down. If Commieformia and the peoples republic of Chi.. I mean New York/Jersey want to keep their states locked up, they can play in more reasonable states.

(06-03-2020, 09:17 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ticket contract language is sufficient, no entry stuff is needed. "Use of ticket acknowledges inherent risk of illness and releases issuer from any and all liability etc, etc, etc."

Being present in public has always carried an inherent risk of contracting illness. Now we'll just have to codify the disclaimer to prevent  frivolous lawsuits.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I agree, that an individual should be allowed to acknowledge and agree to certain risks, but these games could put people at risk even if they didn't go.
You go to work on Monday, and one of your coworkers caught the virus at the game on Sunday. Now you're the one at risk, and you didn't agree to that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-04-2020, 07:20 AM)mikesez Wrote:

I agree, that an individual should be allowed to acknowledge and agree to certain risks, but these games could put people at risk even if they didn't go.
You go to work on Monday, and one of your coworkers caught the virus at the game on Sunday. Now you're the one at risk, and you didn't agree to that.

So....... everyone should stay home until... a vaccine is created? That's silly.
The coronavirus isn't going away man... They have a flu shot, we still have the flu every year.
They haven't created a successful vaccine against the common cold (another coronavirus).

I find it crazy that people have this stance. Someone can contract the virus from going to Wal Mart and bring it to work, so maybe they should close all the Wal Marts?

If you are home feeling sick, with a temp of 101, do you get refunded for your tix. After all, you are doing the responsible thing by not spreading what potentially could be COVID-19

(06-04-2020, 10:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 07:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: I agree, that an individual should be allowed to acknowledge and agree to certain risks, but these games could put people at risk even if they didn't go.

So....... everyone should stay home until... a vaccine is created? That's silly.
The coronavirus isn't going away man... They have a flu shot, we still have the flu every year.
They haven't created a successful vaccine against the common cold (another coronavirus).

I find it crazy that people have this stance. Someone can contract the virus from going to Wal Mart and bring it to work, so maybe they should close all the Wal Marts?

no don't close all the walmarts,and people are supposse to stay 6 feet apart in stores,and were facemasks. the reason to cancel nfl and not have it is its impossbille to stay 6 feet apart in a game,and wearing a face mask would make it harder for players to understand what each other are saying.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(06-04-2020, 10:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 07:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: I agree, that an individual should be allowed to acknowledge and agree to certain risks, but these games could put people at risk even if they didn't go.

No but ppl can stay the heck outta walmart.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 10:38 AM by Kane.)

(06-11-2020, 08:15 PM)surfon Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 10:09 AM)Kane Wrote: So....... everyone should stay home until... a vaccine is created? That's silly.

No but ppl can stay the heck outta walmart.

Sure... and people can stay the heck out of the stadium if they want. Point stands. Anyone can go anywhere and get the virus and then take it work and spread it.

(06-10-2020, 04:58 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 10:09 AM)Kane Wrote: So....... everyone should stay home until... a vaccine is created? That's silly.

no don't close all the walmarts,and people are supposse to stay 6 feet apart in stores,and were facemasks. the reason to cancel nfl and not have it is its impossbille to stay 6 feet apart in a game,and wearing a face mask would make it harder for players to understand what each other are saying.

But not everyone wears face masks. Look guys, if you're scared, stay home. 

The rest of us are ready to get on with life.

(06-12-2020, 10:37 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 08:15 PM)surfon Wrote: No but ppl can stay the heck outta walmart.

Sure... and people can stay the heck out of the stadium if they want. Point stands. Anyone can go anywhere and get the virus and then take it work and spread it.

(06-10-2020, 04:58 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no don't close all the walmarts,and people are supposse to stay 6 feet apart in stores,and were facemasks. the reason to cancel nfl and not have it is its impossbille to stay 6 feet apart in a game,and wearing a face mask would make it harder for players to understand what each other are saying.

The rest of us are ready to get on with life.   the next wave of spikes in new cases and deaths. 

fixed

I get it, Kane.  Don't get me wrong. 

But we're already seeing spikes in 22 states due to the reopening phases being implemented.  The reason people like me are slightly more cautious by using masks and limiting where we go and how often we go out isn't because we're "scared."  We want to get back to "life" without another giant surge of infection and a second round of mass quarantining. 

I'm on course to get back to work in mid August. Been unable to work since March 13.  I'm out tens of thousands of dollars that I'll be lucky to get 20% of from PUA if I even see a penny. I don't want a second wave of infection to ruin my livelihood like the first one did because proper precautions were not taken.

No fans in the stands. Make the games pay per view

from  what i been hearing lately,it sounds like we are about to go back into the stay home stay safe orders around the world soon,and if that happens bye bye nfl season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...94784?s=20

Some good info in this article:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/0...e-policies

Quote:“Attendance will be a state-by-state, county-by-county thing,” an NFL source told Kaplan. “It will not be a one size fits all. I wish they would push back the start of the year to October to give us more time to learn from these other leagues.”

A loss of at least $3 billion would hit the NFL if fans could not attend games all season, which has prompted the NFL and NFLPA to discuss how to handle the 2021 salary cap. Around a third of the league’s teams have had someone test positive for the virus. This remains a delicate, fluid situation that has coaches uncertain on the logistics of the season.

A push back to a later start has been my suggestion/recommendation since April. 
Unfortunately, the TV deals may prevent that. Networks may not be willing to shift other programming schedules to 
accommodate - and the league will not sacrifice that money. ($5billion)
If they drop fan attendance revenue from 3 bil to 1.5 bil for distancing - they can live with that, but they won't give up that TV money.

(06-13-2020, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 10:37 AM)Kane Wrote: Sure... and people can stay the heck out of the stadium if they want. Point stands. Anyone can go anywhere and get the virus and then take it work and spread it.

The rest of us are ready to get on with life.   the next wave of spikes in new cases and deaths. 

fixed

But we're already seeing spikes in 22 states due to the reopening phases being implemented.  The reason people like me are slightly more cautious by using masks and limiting where we go and how often we go out isn't because we're "scared."  We want to get back to "life" without another giant surge of infection and a second round of mass quarantining. 

I'm on course to get back to work in mid August. Been unable to work since March 13.  I'm out tens of thousands of dollars that I'll be lucky to get 20% of from PUA if I even see a penny. I don't want a second wave of infection to ruin my livelihood like the first one did because proper precautions were not taken.

But as we see number of cases spike, due to increased testing mostly, we see that the majority of these new cases are with people in an age range where they are showing little to no symptoms and are not being hospitalized. The death rate is still relatively low. The massive amounts of new cases just keep dropping the mortality rate of Covid-19.

The flattening of the curve was intended to make it so hospitals weren't overwhelmed. They are better prepared now and won't be overwhelmed. The majority of people adversely affected by this virus are still the elderly and the people with serious health conditions.
The cases are going to surge in any state once the reopening happens. NY hasn't surged because they still have strict lockdowns happening. Are they going to remain closed through Summer, Fall and into the Winter? 

There is no reason that we should be worried about some massive wave of deaths coming.
It ain't happening. And really based on the information that has come out, the death count isn't really accurate. Anyone who dies from anything with Covid is being counted as a covid death, even if it wasn't the actual cause. Will some people die? Absolutely. But people die every year from the flu, obesity complications, over doses, old age, falls, accidents... People die. It's the only thing guaranteed about life.

I'm really missing what everyone this the magical fix is though... remain locked down into 2021 until a vaccine is readily available? That is insane. Talk about ruining people's livelihood... unless you work for fast food or Walmart.
For those at the most severe risk, they should definitely stay inside until it is available. The elderly and the sick should hunker down and wait for the government and big pharma to come out with their magical vaccine.
Everyone else needs to keep the economy afloat instead of hoping for more government spending to save the day.

I'd be extremely surprised if fans were present.

Honestly I think I'm 70% sure there won't be college football or NFL..

(06-24-2020, 11:30 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: fixed

But as we see number of cases spike, due to increased testing mostly, we see that the majority of these new cases are with people in an age range where they are showing little to no symptoms and are not being hospitalized. The death rate is still relatively low. The massive amounts of new cases just keep dropping the mortality rate of Covid-19.

The flattening of the curve was intended to make it so hospitals weren't overwhelmed. They are better prepared now and won't be overwhelmed. The majority of people adversely affected by this virus are still the elderly and the people with serious health conditions.
The cases are going to surge in any state once the reopening happens. NY hasn't surged because they still have strict lockdowns happening. Are they going to remain closed through Summer, Fall and into the Winter? 

There is no reason that we should be worried about some massive wave of deaths coming.
It ain't happening. And really based on the information that has come out, the death count isn't really accurate. Anyone who dies from anything with Covid is being counted as a covid death, even if it wasn't the actual cause. Will some people die? Absolutely. But people die every year from the flu, obesity complications, over doses, old age, falls, accidents... People die. It's the only thing guaranteed about life.

I'm really missing what everyone this the magical fix is though... remain locked down into 2021 until a vaccine is readily available? That is insane. Talk about ruining people's livelihood... unless you work for fast food or Walmart.
For those at the most severe risk, they should definitely stay inside until it is available. The elderly and the sick should hunker down and wait for the government and big pharma to come out with their magical vaccine.
Everyone else needs to keep the economy afloat instead of hoping for more government spending to save the day.

A few points of clarity on your post:

These 20-35 age group cases you're referring to can still infect anyone they come in contact with.  Let's not gloss that over, please. 
The mortality rate being touted right now of .26 percent is predicated on an assumed "asymptomatic carrier rate" and even still it means that the mortality rate of COVID-19 is 2.5 TIMES that of the flu. 
Stop comparing them. It's a [BLEEP] comparison. 

Phase 2 of reopening in the state of NY begins Monday. 

I'm not trying to warn you about a wave of death. I'm telling you that 1.3% of people over 65 who contract Covid-19 will die from it. A cavalier attitude towards distancing endangers that demographic. 

If you are attempting the old natural selection "acceptable tally of death" routine here  - you need to ask yourself if acting irresponsibly instead of following a few simple guidelines is worth more to you than the deaths of thousands of elderly Americans that could be prevented. That's between you and your conscience.