Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can Anyone Confirm this? (Shenault with character concerns?)

Some of you will undoubtedly tell me this is what I get for reading Walterfootball.

Okay, I accept this.  Point taken.

But, as starved for football information as I am, I went there and stumbled across this article that purports to explain why particular players fell as far as they did in the draft.  The very last player listed in the 2020 version of the article is Jaguars' 2nd round pick WR Laviska Shenault.

https://walterfootball.com/ws2020lshenault.php

Of particular relevance

Quote:On top of the injury, Shenault had a poor combine. He had a slow 40 time at 4.58 seconds and interviewed poorly with teams. The bad interviews led to some character and makeup concerns, which essentially sealed his fate to go later than the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

(Emphasis added)

I understand the 40 time scaring people.  It comes as no shock injury concerns could also contribute to a slide.

But NOWHERE have I seen ANY character concerns linked to Shenault, in any pre or post draft reports or articles about Shenault until now.  Granted this offseason may have had a negative effect on the pre draft process, but the Jaguars seemed to place a very high emphasis on character in this draft.  If that is true, and Shenault had any character concerns, I'm not sure why they would make him their second round pick.  Admittedly, ours is the same organization that has trademarked dysfunction at WR with Soward, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Justin Blackmon and Jimmy Smith, and things can happen, but given the depth at WR in this class, if character were of paramount import, then force this pick?

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of Shenault's character. 

Was there an arrest or something I missed?   Have any of you heard anything?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am more worried about the makeup concerns. Does anyone have any insight into his makeup issues. This has me really worried.

I have heard no concerns on his character, however i am freaking out a bit on all this makeup talk.

(05-23-2020, 01:18 AM)surfon Wrote: I am more worried about the makeup concerns.  Does anyone have any insight into his makeup issues.  This has me really worried.

I have heard no concerns on his character, however i am freaking out a bit on all this makeup talk.

I bet he uses Revlon.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-23-2020, 01:18 AM)surfon Wrote: I am more worried about the makeup concerns.  Does anyone have any insight into his makeup issues.  This has me really worried.

Apparently he wasn't born with it, and it is Maybelline.

Pashaw I say. According to his college coach he's a fine young man. Here's a quote: “Laviska has tremendous character and he is just a great young man to be around. He’s very unselfish, team-oriented and cares about his teammates. He’s mild mannered, very friendly, very coachable and was always good with the media. He’s a guy that everyone in Boulder loved and respected. He’s going to be an asset to the Jaguar ballclub.”

https://www.1010xl.com/2020/04/29/lavisk...strengths/

I do wonder about the character of Walter Football though. Dude's a known liar and probably steals candy from little kids.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Great, a less talented, injury prone Justin Mattloaf.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 08:07 AM by The Real Marty.)

I saw that blurb on Walterfootball when it first appeared, and I went all over the internet searching for any kind of confirmation for that story, and I couldn't find a single thing.  Nothing even close.  Couple that with the Jaguars' obvious and openly stated emphasis on good character in this year's draft picks, and I think the Walterfootball report is a mistake.  That's the kindest thing I can say about it.

“Is that Mary Kay eyeliner?”

“Why yes. How do you like it?”

“We’re a Maybelline team. We’ve always been a Maybelline team. You’ll have to change if you want to play for us, son.”

“And forsake what my daddy instilled in me? I think not.” (Walks away with one hand on hip.)

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2020, 10:18 AM by rpr52121.)

Him having "poor interviews" during the combine does help make the letter he wrote to the Players Tribune much more sense. As a way to clear up any perceptions or misconceptions he have heard whispers about.

During his few public interviews at the combine on youtube, he did seem to come off very cocky. That may have rubbed some GM's/Coaches the wrong way after his injury filled year that didn't "meet NFL scout's expectations".

Also, saying things like his favorite play is a direct hand off because it's the ball in his hands immediately, could have raised eyebrows for the more traditional coaches.

Now none of this is confirmation. But reading between the lines, it could make some sense. I don't remember who, but doesn't one of the Jags posters live in Denver and is friends with his family? Maybe he knows something?

Walter talks crap about the Jags with every opportunity. I wouldn't put much stock in what he is saying. Besides isnt Shenault supposedly a quiet reserved guy? Could see how a guy like that wouldn't always interview well

If Telvin taught us anything, it’s dont judge a book by its cover. There’s literally no way to know unless your inside his circle of friends. All we can do is hope for the bests.

Walter is such a hack.

Also, I’m pretty sure people said Kyler Murray had bad interviews as well.

If the intent was to focus on the bad interview part of things, I could see that.

Not everyone interviews well.

Without knowing why he interviewed poorly, I can't see how that could be a negative reflection on his character.

As for RPR's response, I never gave it any thought until you made the connection, but having a series of poor interviews could cause him to write a letters to the teams and GMs/

But to me, that reflects well upon his character. I'm sure there are plenty of "bad apple" types who wouldn't bother to write the letter. Even if it is at the behest of his agent, he seems to have taken his advice well.

Franchise, you are right, there really is no way to know for sure. I remember many thought Reggie Was of strong character because his father was either in the military or was ex military.

I just desperately want these picks to work out well for us.

A strong whiff of [BLEEP] coming from that report...

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 06:04 AM by surfon.)

In all seriousness, Laviska reminds me of a faster, more versatile anquan bolding type receiver. I will take that anytime. We can only hope any character concerns are being a bit shall we say embellished a bit by whatshisname.

Without having legal troubles, character issues point to being like Ramsey. If he is only looking out for himself, wants to be bigger than a football player, then those issues will bubble up some time.

I was more shocked by the statement that the players hate Marone and they are taking Yan's side in the twitter fight.

I hear Walterfootball has some character and makeup concerns.

Does anyone really care at this point? This team has a long history of sucking.. I no longer care about charater or "make-up" issues.. Get his [BLEEP] on the field and if it doesn't work out, try the hell again..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-24-2020, 04:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Without having legal troubles, character issues point to being like Ramsey. If he is only looking out for himself, wants to be bigger than a football player, then those issues will bubble up some time.

I was more shocked by the statement that the players hate Marone and they are taking Yan's side in the twitter fight.

I haven't seen anything on your second paragraph?

(05-24-2020, 04:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I was more shocked by the statement that the players hate Marone and they are taking Yan's side in the twitter fight.

I can more readily dismiss this because according to reports here, Khan spoke with the players and they overwhelmingly supported Marrone.

Jaguars management?  Yes I can see the Jaguars players having an unfavorable opinion of the FO.